User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Feb 2005, 10:01   #101
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: For those that dont want 1up to win next round...

But Chika, to be fair, you always suck for the first 72 ticks. Half following a tick plan will help (along with activity) that you are t100 after 72 ticks.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 11:19   #102
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Keep it on topic and off character assassination

This has been a half decent thread and i don't want to close it.

ta
Didnt know you was a mod

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 15:12   #103
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
But Chika, to be fair, you always suck for the first 72 ticks. Half following a tick plan will help (along with activity) that you are t100 after 72 ticks.
A tickplan is not really needed in the pax game style. If someone tell you what res/con to start off with and to engage your engineers first, all it takes is hardcore activity to inite roids every tick.

1up was probably not ranked better then 3rd or 4th (average score) after 100 ticks last round and that does not exactly indicate a massive use of a planner. At least not a very good one! :-)

Last edited by Treveler; 16 Feb 2005 at 15:24.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 23:33   #104
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
A tickplan is not really needed in the pax game style. If someone tell you what res/con to start off with and to engage your engineers first, all it takes is hardcore activity to inite roids every tick.

1up was probably not ranked better then 3rd or 4th (average score) after 100 ticks last round and that does not exactly indicate a massive use of a planner. At least not a very good one! :-)
tickplans are not made to get loads of score b4 tick 100..
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 00:37   #105
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
tickplans are not made to get loads of score b4 tick 100..
No. We in 1up build pods from tick 30-100 then we init roids. We are the best!!

I`m glad you got the point.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 02:10   #106
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
I have to agree with you but, even if you were top 10 after 100 ticks, doesn't mean you will end there.

In regaurds to Treveler, he makes a point, 1up was like #4 or 5 on average score, but we all had ships. But, that sort of stunted our growth as an alliance because everyone wasn't geting through. I really think this thread got off topic, so at this point I am just rambling.
thanks.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 08:26   #107
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
No. We in 1up build pods from tick 30-100 then we init roids. We are the best!!

I`m glad you got the point.
wow ur really giving away those points like its nothing.. :eek:
Im gonna trow away my tickplan as soon as I get the point

Last edited by Alessio; 17 Feb 2005 at 08:36.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 11:52   #108
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Ministry got OWNED in PIA
Im sure that if 1up played against MrJs bots (about 50-100 of em) + a block already larger than your own you would win. NO REALLY!!1 YOU WOULD asl!!11
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 12:18   #109
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
omg god what have i started
:-/
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 12:29   #110
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I don't understand why old school players would want to join 1up, I don't see the challenge.

Playing with the same old band who you know are a successful combination seems pretty pointless to me.

Personal view of mine, fire away.
I fail to see how winning with 2/3rd of allowed member based is not a challange and an easy way to victory. The people on top have to sacrifice the most to stay there. If you want to sleep 10 hrs a night and be on irc 2 hrs a day that's fine, but you won't make the top personally, or with an alliance full of members like that.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 12:44   #111
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Being with Sid and those cool consistent players is a sure win
imho if youve never been on a loosing side you can never really appreciate a win

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 13:17   #112
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
Im sure that if 1up played against MrJs bots (about 50-100 of em) + a block already larger than your own you would win. NO REALLY!!1 YOU WOULD asl!!11
For the record, I am in no way associated with 1up. Nor PA atm.
In addition, thanks for confirming that Ministry was owned.
Furthermore, I think your reply is off topic.

On topic: 1up is better than the competition.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 18:26   #113
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

everyone playing pa has been on the losing side at least once
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 20:42   #114
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
Not if you only played 1 round!!1 lolololol

Having said that..Everyone that is playing pa are indeed constantly on the losing side :|
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 20:44   #115
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
For the record, I am in no way associated with 1up. Nor PA atm.
In addition, thanks for confirming that Ministry was owned.
Furthermore, I think your reply is off topic.
You are associated with 1up in the sense that you are indeed ex-1up.
And if you read my post as a confirmation, you need to re-read with an open mind.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 20:53   #116
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
For those that dont want 1up to win next round...

Don't play...
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 04:08   #117
Think
Yeah I hear you

Think is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
I myself quit an entire year of school to dedicate myself to 1up, and Im having the time of my life.

-TheRat
If this is true you should really take a look outside the door to see the real world and try to get a life

I belive 1up will be a top alliance once again and probably be fighting for victory.
The reason is simply that they work as a team and as long as the rest are more interested in taking on 1up than winning 1up will be up there fighting again.
So those who want an other alliance to win should take a look at them self instead of at 1up
Myself I don`t care who win (if it`s any other than my own alliance ofc.) only that those who win do it with pride and not by manipulating and backstabing others. I have seen to much of it allready so I hope this round will be a round without all of this. And PA without 1up wouldn`t be the the same they are one of the best alliances and are an important piece of the game.
By the way god luck too you all in the upcoming round and let`s hope for a great round
Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:19   #118
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think
bla bla
notice he said he is enjoying it, hence why shud he take ur advice 'heh'
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:44   #119
Think
Yeah I hear you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
notice he said he is enjoying it, hence why shud he take ur advice 'heh'
One reason for m8 real life is so much better than sitting on your ass all day playing online games.
I myself would quit the day online gaming is more important than RL. Simply becouse this gets you nowhere exept maybe pushing your ego a bit and I would never let online games get in the way for real life relations, If you have come to that point its time to consider quiting.
But thats me and my oppinion ans if you think otherwise I couldnt care less since its your life not mine.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 21:00   #120
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
Ive played every round since rd6 and only once have i been on winning side (10.5) sucks! And i can honestly say its more fun being on the losing side than winning as there's more motivation to do well and stay dedicated.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 21:01   #121
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
One reason for m8 real life is so much better than sitting on your ass all day playing online games.
I myself would quit the day online gaming is more important than RL. Simply becouse this gets you nowhere exept maybe pushing your ego a bit and I would never let online games get in the way for real life relations, If you have come to that point its time to consider quiting.
But thats me and my oppinion ans if you think otherwise I couldnt care less since its your life not mine.
You obviously do care otherwise you wouldn't be replying and trying to defend yourself...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 22:48   #122
Think
Yeah I hear you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
You obviously do care otherwise you wouldn't be replying and trying to defend yourself...
I did only explain my views. Didn`t really defend myself.
And if you read the post once more you probably see that its what other ppl do with their lives I don`t care about
But you got a point it could look like I was trying to defend myself
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 03:26   #123
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

I havent even read all the posts but tbh if you dont want 1up to win then play something they arent playing. The guys are mostly l33t and you could block all the rest of the game but then you would be the real loser.

Simply admire the guys in 1up for their dedication and perserverance and once they woop you dont forget to say how much fun it was trying to beat them as they deserve credit where credit is due.

Lets not get too worried about trying to beat any 1 alliance rather concentrate on the fun side of playing... oh and dont forget to bash spinner every chance you get
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 13:43   #124
hobo
Cliff Jumper

hobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred of Bedrock
oh and dont forget to bash spinner every chance you get
yeah, thats the most fun of all =-)
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 14:23   #125
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
toot i dont deny real life is better than online games, no comparison, but as i was saying he enjoyed it and would do it again so who the fk are we to judge
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 15:35   #126
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i just saw some people wondering why 1up was good and some said cuz of sid... personally i think sid sucks!!! :P (there goes my membership, someone make sure he doesn't read it)

but to be quite honest, the thing is... if sid is gone, maz is gone all other hc's are gone... there are still 30/40 people left who could do the daily job of bcing and all.. and WILL do that if needed, that's why we win:/

and heh 1up is NOT a challenge?

i think and know that winning in 1up is 10 times more the challenge then it would be in lch, we are and have always been since we started public enemy #1 and everyone loves declaring wars on us, preferably with other alliances. 1up vs uni is indeed the biggest challenge you could get in this game. which is the reason why quite alot of people are 1up. If you want a top alliance, make sure ALL your members are active, including scanners even as they are REALLY valueable, hit players that need to be hit, don't be selfish and you can beat us tbh. even without huge uberblocking. do that and you gain 10 times more respect then whining about us heh
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 15:53   #127
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
i just saw some people wondering why 1up was good and some said cuz of sid... personally i think sid sucks!!! :P (there goes my membership, someone make sure he doesn't read it)

but to be quite honest, the thing is... if sid is gone, maz is gone all other hc's are gone... there are still 30/40 people left who could do the daily job of bcing and all.. and WILL do that if needed, that's why we win:/

and heh 1up is NOT a challenge?

i think and know that winning in 1up is 10 times more the challenge then it would be in lch, we are and have always been since we started public enemy #1 and everyone loves declaring wars on us, preferably with other alliances. 1up vs uni is indeed the biggest challenge you could get in this game. which is the reason why quite alot of people are 1up. If you want a top alliance, make sure ALL your members are active, including scanners even as they are REALLY valueable, hit players that need to be hit, don't be selfish and you can beat us tbh. even without huge uberblocking. do that and you gain 10 times more respect then whining about us heh
No offense m8 but atm it has never been 1up vs the universe. You've got quite some partners that rather see you win then the other side.

Ofc there is a challenge to play with 1up, I think what pple meant is that it's possibly harder to win with an alliance which isn't top5 then it is for 1up. Ofc lch could win a round far easier purely because they got more members.

On a different more boring note, 1up is not the only alliance where 80% of the members would help BC'ing of none are around.

Sid and mazz are the main reason why 1up is doing so well. Them and the entire command and the members are another main reason but nonetheless it's their job to get the players, keep the motivation and take the decisions when they need to be made.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 16:00   #128
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

ermmm i never said it was the only one. i just said if something would happen everyone would help out at almost all times

and last round it was 1up and nd vs rest... i'm sorry my bad.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 01:05   #129
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
No offense m8 but atm it has never been 1up vs the universe. You've got quite some partners that rather see you win then the other side.

Ofc there is a challenge to play with 1up, I think what pple meant is that it's possibly harder to win with an alliance which isn't top5 then it is for 1up. Ofc lch could win a round far easier purely because they got more members.

On a different more boring note, 1up is not the only alliance where 80% of the members would help BC'ing of none are around.

Sid and mazz are the main reason why 1up is doing so well. Them and the entire command and the members are another main reason but nonetheless it's their job to get the players, keep the motivation and take the decisions when they need to be made.
Sid and mazz are the only reason 1up are doing so well. Its easy to judge because most of the members that are with him, are old players. For the past few recent rounds prior to 1up, most of them were nothing. Getting owned, disbanded there dying alliances etc. Sid helped them be 1337 again. Thats why their ego's are so big. The worst ego is an ego that has been bashed to bits, and then recovers. I thought a lot of them had retired, untill they came in the door like they were always good in 1up. Sadly, without sids politics, and Mazz's presence, they would probably crumble. Selfishness is not a good trait.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 02:03   #130
kappa

kappa is on a distinguished road

says the selfish egotist
keep clinging onto that moral high ground u patronising cock
kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 02:04   #131
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sid and mazz are the only reason 1up are doing so well.
You're about 50% right there. Even the best commanders need troops.

Quote:
Its easy to judge because most of the members that are with him, are old players.
Yep, we've been around the block, and know a winning formula when we see one.

Quote:
For the past few recent rounds prior to 1up, most of them were nothing. Getting owned, disbanded there dying alliances etc.
You're sadly mistaken here. I would take a closer look at what we were doing prior to 1up (hi Eclipse).

Quote:
Sid helped them be 1337 again.
Comedy gold. Someone give this a POTW nomination.

Quote:
Thats why their ego's are so big. The worst ego is an ego that has been bashed to bits, and then recovers.
Err, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black here Chika.

Also, being bashed to bits and recovering is something to be proud of. Sure beats quitting when things don't turn out, huh?

Quote:
I thought a lot of them had retired, untill they came in the door like they were always good in 1up.
I think you're seeing what you want to see, and not what really exists. Certainly wouldn't be the first time, and most definetly not the last. Your perspective on things is definetly....unique.

Quote:
Sadly, without sids politics, and Mazz's presence, they would probably crumble.
We may not be as successful, but I doubt we would 'crumble'. Almost everyone in 1up has been (at the least) an officer or higher. The command experience is there, though the "style" is not.

Quote:
Selfishness is not a good trait.
Indeed. Good thing it's a scarce trait amongst 1up members, or we'd have been screwed the last two rounds.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 02:06   #132
kappa

my post summed it up better
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 02:14   #133
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
Yep, we've been around the block, and know a winning formula when we see one.
You're sadly mistaken here. I would take a closer look at what we were doing prior to 1up (hi Eclipse).
Comedy gold. Someone give this a POTW nomination.
Err, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black here Chika.
Also, being bashed to bits and recovering is something to be proud of. Sure beats quitting when things don't turn out, huh?
I think you're seeing what you want to see, and not what really exists. Certainly wouldn't be the first time, and most definetly not the last. Your perspective on things is definetly....unique.
We may not be as successful, but I doubt we would 'crumble'. Almost everyone in 1up has been (at the least) an officer or higher. The command experience is there, though the "style" is not.
Indeed. Good thing it's a scarce trait amongst 1up members, or we'd have been screwed the last two rounds.
You made another long post.
It seems as if you tried, but you really didn't make any valid posts. ALL of you were not eclipse. This is FACT. The rest of my post is opinion basically. It is my OPINION that you guys would suck without Sid and Mazz, it is my OPINION, I thought that most of you were retired, alot of you were not in top 50, or anywhere visible to me, and I was looking, and I even checked that one site to see. That is FACT, most of you were not in the top 50 for the past few previous rounds before 1up. It is also FACT that a few of your members are from a disbanded dead alliance. Not eclipse, those other guys.
So what exactly is your point? When you read my posts, don't read my name and think about my rep. Read what I say, understand it first, then reply. Sadly, you said a lot of nothing. I expect more from you btw. You are far more intelligent than that.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 02:19   #134
Chika

Quote:
Umm, I have to comment on this. I think your going to college now? I can't remember if that was you or not, but I do know that you attended school somewhere at some point in your life.
So that means that you know that 100% - 50% = 50%.
A 50% grade is an "F". Without Sid and Mazz, 1up would be an "F". In this moderm age, "F" means FAIL.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 02:30   #135
kappa

without sid and mazz there would be no 1up
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 02:44   #136
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You made another long post.
It seems as if you tried, but you really didn't make any valid posts.
Everything I said was a valid point. I think you're just misinterpreting it, so let me try to clarify point-by-point.

Quote:
ALL of you were not eclipse. This is FACT
True, but you said 'most' of 1up was failing prior to 1up, which isn't the case. This is a FACT. Look at the nick list, and where everyone was before. I find it hard to believe 'most' were not having successful rounds of PA.

Quote:
The rest of my post is opinion basically.
I know, and you know I disagree with your opinion on the subject. I was arguing against your opinion with perfectly valid points which you either didn't get, or ignored.

You say I didn't make any valid points, but you yourself didn't either..all you did was post your opinion, not fact.

Quote:
It is my OPINION that you guys would suck without Sid and Mazz, it is my OPINION, I thought that most of you were retired, alot of you were not in top 50, or anywhere visible to me, and I was looking, and I even checked that one site to see. That is FACT, most of you were not in the top 50 for the past few previous rounds before 1up.
I'm assuming you mean Scouse's PA history site? If that's the case, please notice it is not updated with r10 and r10.5 info, which would technically be the "most recent" rounds prior to 1up, so you can't say it's a fact without having all the information present.

Even I finished 75th r9.5, which is close enough to top50, and I'm easily one of the worst players in 1up.

Quote:
It is also FACT that a few of your members are from a disbanded dead alliance. Not eclipse, those other guys.
I think everyone in 1up atm is from a disbanded and/or dead alliance, so I don't actually see the relevance? Or do you mean to suggest they are/were failures because of it?

Quote:
So what exactly is your point?
My point is, its all relative. To you, 1up is a horrible place where people whore roids and screw each other over for ranks, none of the players are actually 'good' (or were good, but are now washed up), and the only thing making it all run is Sid and Maz.

Relative to me, a content 1up member practically since the get-go, I don't find that to be the case. Obviously I'm going to say something to the contrary when someone talks them down, and why shouldn't I? It's not perfect, but it's easily the best alliance I've ever been in, and the most interesting alliance since Deus Ex.

Quote:
When you read my posts, don't read my name and think about my rep.
We've already been "there" Chika, we had our three page argument some weeks ago. I've got nothing against your name or your forum reputation (a feature which, coincidentally, I don't personally care for, and you should be able to guess why )

Quote:
Read what I say, understand it first, then reply.
If you'll note my posting style, I break everything down to point/counter point, rather than one generalized post with no specific quoting or examples.

Generally speaking, understanding of a subject or topic is required for analysis.

Quote:
Sadly, you said a lot of nothing. I expect more from you btw. You are far more intelligent than that.
I could easily reply with that same sentence though, and none of this is on-topic

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 02:51   #137
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Umm, I have to comment on this. I think your going to college now? I can't remember if that was you or not, but I do know that you attended school somewhere at some point in your life.
So that means that you know that 100% - 50% = 50%.
A 50% grade is an "F". Without Sid and Mazz, 1up would be an "F". In this moderm age, "F" means FAIL.
That's quite cute, but I think you've just spent the day grading papers (you are a teacher if I remember correctly from our last discussion?), and so are a little confused by my analogy

Maybe I'll just edit out 50% and replace it with half, so you get it "right".

Half of an alliance is organization. The other half is execution.

Figure it out, then feel free to delete this pedantic reply--which ironcially enough, is even further off-topic.

(yes, mine too)

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 03:00   #138
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why would 1up struggle without Sid/mazz, Chika?

There are plenty of former command members in 1up that are capable, but don't bother because to put it simply, they don't have to. 1up would suffer to some degree I agree, but they are an alliance with such depth, that they can probably get adequate backup.

Keep it civil (which includes staying on-topic), chaps.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 03:24   #139
Chika

Quote:
Why would 1up struggle without Sid/mazz, Chika?

There are plenty of former command members in 1up that are capable, but don't bother because to put it simply, they don't have to. 1up would suffer to some degree I agree, but they are an alliance with such depth, that they can probably get adequate backup.

Keep it civil (which includes staying on-topic), chaps.
Well for one, please note the "former command" members you speak of. most of them suck. And they fit the "dead alliance" thingy. People stress that .5 rounds don't count, so I am to assume that if your alliance disbands due to a .5 performance, then maybe they really didn't have structure. Most of the "former command" people you speak of are from that alliance. i refuse to say that alliances name because it tends to bring alot of boneheads out of the woodworks. Lokken, play 2 ful days in 1up and you will see what I mean.
Naturally, anyone who has not been in 1up doesn't really know what is going on, so in that sense they are "ignorant" to this conversation. I am at fault because I posted in a public thread, that only a few people could actually reply to. That being 1up people, or ex-1up. I withdraw my initial statement, and to keep this open for all to discuss, I sum it up as such:
I feel that Sid/Mazz have a significant impact on how well 1up does.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 03:40   #140
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's just that there a few people of the 1up/Eclipse ilk who in their day i 'rated' quite highly, but I'd wager are no where near as good now because quite simply they don't have to be, and don't want to be because it would be highly time consuming for them. I am merely speculating (on the basis of various nuggets i have gathered), of course, but that's part of the fun of AD. Then again, i'd argue how you could get into their minds that dictate to which level they play? There are certainly people who could perform running an alliance at a top level but don't wish to do so, simply because they would demand a wage to do it.

Your summing up is pretty accurate, and I see little point arguing it without going into some kind of 'dream team HC' analysis which is so offtopic I'd be forced to stab myself in the face. I see little problem posting in a thread that little people can reply to - just because other users can't reply, doesn't mean it isn't of interest to them.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 03:53   #141
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Chika - I sense a certain bitterness from you, no idea why (HEHE!!!). You keep on making these judgements on how good 1up is (or isn't) - I would LOVE to see you do better. Whether or not you intend it, your posts are coming across as very bitter, maybe you ought to sit back and let the love flow. Let's face it, Sid/mazz have an impact, of course they do, but Sid/mazz could not win a round without the rest of the alliance, it;s as simple as that. I am guessing you don't have a high powered job, and if Cochese is right, and you're a teacher, I am glad I don;t have kids, and they aren't taught by you, because as far as I am concerned, team-work is one of the most important things in life, and it is an aspect of life you seem to be failing to grasp.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 05:54   #142
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Chika - I sense a certain bitterness from you, no idea why (HEHE!!!). You keep on making these judgements on how good 1up is (or isn't) - I would LOVE to see you do better. Whether or not you intend it, your posts are coming across as very bitter, maybe you ought to sit back and let the love flow. Let's face it, Sid/mazz have an impact, of course they do, but Sid/mazz could not win a round without the rest of the alliance, it;s as simple as that. I am guessing you don't have a high powered job, and if Cochese is right, and you're a teacher, I am glad I don;t have kids, and they aren't taught by you, because as far as I am concerned, team-work is one of the most important things in life, and it is an aspect of life you seem to be failing to grasp.
No, I'm not a teacher. And sadly, without any knowledge of what you do, I know I get paid more than you. But thats not the issue.
No, I am not trying to come off as bitter. When someone says that your alliance is not the same without your HC, are they bitter? Or are they just not agreeing with you. For a refresher, I left 1up. So there is no point for me to be bitter. And no, never let me teach your kids. Because my schooling would result in a mutiny in your home.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 06:35   #143
Treveler

I have to make a guess. Your a pimp right? :-)

On a more serious note. Of course 1up wouldnt be the same without Sid and Mazz, that goes without saying. You claim 1up would fail, or more specifically the memberbase of 1up, and that is far from certain, but it depends on how you look at it. If Sid and mazz leave there will probably be a splittoff (after 1up disband as it probably would if Sid left) were a core went and created a new alliance that very likely would be successfull.

Its no magic, we have all seen it before!
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 10:37   #144
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Eclipse did pretty good without Sid, Fury didnt do so well in r8 with Sid around.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 11:00   #145
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Eclipse did pretty good without Sid, Fury didnt do so well in r8 with Sid around.
ergo:______________

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 11:10   #146
cypher
U've been Moderated

hehe good point furssie.... it's so not only about the hc.. the HC can't do anything if they just have a bad memberbase or a stronger memberbase/hc against them. and the crap comments chika made about ego's... 1up has lots of ego's... but you don't see them colliding in private channels that much. (obviously that doesn't include some friendly fun slagging off)
infact chika has 1 of the biggest ego's... so i don't really understand why you complain about others...
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 12:13   #147
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
infact chika has 1 of the biggest ego's... so i don't really understand why you complain about others...
Come on man. As far as gameplay I do not have an ego. And noone ever had a problem with me. I will admit, I act like its my job to inform people who do have an ego that they are actually idiots. But then I remind myself that it isn't my job, but then another egoist comes along, and then it starts all over again.
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 12:50   #148
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No offense m8, but imo Eclipse is not even a glimpse of what 1up is when it comes to quality of leadership. No alliance can be compared to 1up and while 1up is near the perfection, Eclipse never was at all (it was just the best alliance out there during those 2 rounds, not counting the 9.5).

In no way am I trying to talk bad about Eclipse, after all they beat my alliance fair and square

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 14:06   #149
Avarin

Avarin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Being with Sid and those cool consistent players is a sure win
^^
that would be me then
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 15:41   #150
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
No, I'm not a teacher. And sadly, without any knowledge of what you do, I know I get paid more than you. But thats not the issue.
No, I am not trying to come off as bitter. When someone says that your alliance is not the same without your HC, are they bitter? Or are they just not agreeing with you. For a refresher, I left 1up. So there is no point for me to be bitter. And no, never let me teach your kids. Because my schooling would result in a mutiny in your home.
I am glad you are not a teacher. And yes, you do earn more money than me, as I am a student, but I fail to see how that has any relevance whatsoever.

As for the bitter accusation, it is nothing to do with the concept behind WHAT you said, it is down to the WAY you said it.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote