User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 21:32   #1
hellsmurf

hellsmurf has a little shameless behaviour in the past
[Declined] Weopon Speed & Agility & Ships expirence

Well it would be nice to have weoponspeed and agility back...
it give the game big advance... and some choises for tactics.... and the game can be balanced better....

Ship expirence would be nice... as more fights a ships fights as more xp should be give to the ship(old xp+x*atacker value/defender value=ship xp)
bigger xp reaon in better init/damage

EDIT: deleted unwanted stuff.. just left interesting things for discussion

Last edited by hellsmurf; 19 Jan 2005 at 18:36.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 00:05   #2
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about
Re: Weopon Speed & Agility & Ships expirence

First idea is great, random class targetting, terrible imo, no strategy to combat, pure luck then, even more so then 'def formation' sudgested earlier.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 00:42   #3
hellsmurf

@orion treet: i dont mean random class targetting...
u aim just one class....
but they hit ships of this class by random....
example

shiptype x aims shiptype y
there are 20 ships which aims targetclass y..... there are 5 ships of class y...
this 20 ships got 2 damage each... and this 5 of defending ships 10 armour each(all class y)... now u kill 4 of this 5 ships
20*2/10=4 ship dead

if u hit em random... damage get distributed random.... so one ship can take up to 5 hits(10 damage).... maybe 0 get destroyed.... up to 4.....
makes atacking easier...

ok but this would need to bring back guns too... so one ships got 1-x guns.... which deals out damages
so if u got on big gun with damage 100 and to little fighter with armour 1 each... u are just able to kill one of em(cause u can share damage of one gun...)
but i think this would freeze the server

so nevermind... at least there should be brought back wp speed and agility...

PS: some luckfactor would be nice to have.... so therent just calculations..... some kind of generals or so....

Last edited by hellsmurf; 18 Jan 2005 at 00:48.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 01:17   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

hmmm so u want a realsitc firepower distribution - but why shoiuld it be random - would it not make sense that your pilots arn;t stupid enough o shoot randomly - surely they knwo their enemy and know how many shots it takes to kill an enemy and so gang up accordingly

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 03:03   #5
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yeah i agree with kal, your pilots wouldnt hit 1 target then move onto another, they would continue fighting that ship until it died then moved on
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 07:42   #6
Troglodyte

Troglodyte is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe i'm miss-understanding the point.
The way i understand it is the more attacks you do with ships the better the STATS become for those ships ....
pro's = promote attacking.
con's = favours the more experienced players, bitch to code /me thinks
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:19   #7
hellsmurf

well i c... not so good to shoot by random(well my thinking was, that the pilots of my ships cant hit ships so organised so they hit some ships without destroying em->lose firepower...)
bad idea.... anyway....->forget it :-)

but i like the idea with wp speed/agility(atackspeed would be better to call it.... wp speed was for the gun speed rounds before)..
this can be combined with tech tree arms... so u can choose between gd atackspeed and bad gunpower and gd gunpower but bad atackspeed-or maybe give more anti xy class ships so u can chose by your owen what u want... or build both with a ratio...

so there will be many ways to set up a fleet->more skill is needed for atacks(and scanning)
it gives also much more combinations... and makes it more interesting to set up defense.....(more features for race balancing...)

well ship xp isnt the prob.... maybe not so gd for server performance... u have to add value of destroyed ships per class.... and give ships pts which destroyed this classes
(old xp+ x*(value of destroyed shipsclass)/(value of targing shipsclass))
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:35   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought the whole point of races to begin with was to have different weapon speeds and agility etc... correct me if I am wrong I know about the differences like cloaking and stuff but I thought they were good excuses for choosing what you prefer in agility and wpn speed etc....

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 18:00   #9
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

how would you record the experience for ships? on a ship by ship level, or just as an average?
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 18:27   #10
hellsmurf

i would prefer it by level
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 18:28   #11
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Largest dif in races is what class their attack/def ships lie on, and what race can most easily get past the def fleet with his or her attack fleet, and ofc the armour/weapon power ratio. Only Zik and Cath really have anything special, xan cloaking is like useless nowadays, terans never had anything extra, exept weapon power.
<Zhil> I am HC
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 07:39   #12
Troglodyte

I really like the idea of honourable and dis-honourable attacks (wakey's idea)

If you have Honourable attacks, you ship stats improve,
if you have dis-honourable attacks, your ship stats worsten.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 20:01   #13
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte
I really like the idea of honourable and dis-honourable attacks (wakey's idea)

If you have Honourable attacks, you ship stats improve,
if you have dis-honourable attacks, your ship stats worsten.
Well, currently stats work with whole number (1,2,3 and not say 2.5) so as stats are at the moment that would cripple the planets, which isn't very good idea since especially new ppl will be looking for easy targets, and I don't blame them for that. Ofc it's another story if larger planets keep searching out targets right close to 40% limit, maybe it's better to just have a public viewable reputation, and maybe larger alliances could demand at least this level of reputation to join or something, but that probebly won't happen.
<Zhil> I am HC

Unread 20 Jan 2005, 08:44   #14
Troglodyte

Re: [Discuss] Weopon Speed & Agility & Ships expirence

I think having (Honorable. Dishonorable) attacks should be the heart of PA. This will solve so many recurring issues that are spread around the forums.

Bashing, Increasing Skills, More Tactical, More Even battles etc etc – If you ship states are going to worsen; you will be deterred from attacking lil ppl. Why the hell in gods green earth do people pick on smaller planets, because it’s easy and it’s risk free. Rounds after rounds are comprised of people picking on smaller planets on and on. How BORING! Everyone says it’s all about skills… skills... skills… CRAP!

You cannot possibly tell me there is any skill in always picking on players with smaller planets, it’s all big-bully tactics and it’s tiresome! I would even go further and implement a similar ratio for alliances. I.e. dishonorable attacks could even reduce the ship stats of the entire alliance. Now we are talking about skills and tactics, trying to take out an alliance of similar size.

Most players are yellow belly, chicken shit, crap eaters who eat soup with their feet; I will try appeal to the players with HONOR!

Ps.
As for determining the ratio for a dishonorable & honorable attack, I leave that up to the PA guru’s
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 10:13   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

its all a question of ship stats really, peopel attack the biggest target they can as the rewards are then greater (cap more roids) the problem is the ship stats do not allways make this possible

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Jan 2005, 12:40   #16
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte
I would even go further and implement a similar ratio for alliances. I.e. dishonorable attacks could even reduce the ship stats of the entire alliance. Now we are talking about skills and tactics, trying to take out an alliance of similar size.
Ummmm, no? Ever thougth that some people might for the heck of it ruin the game for the rest of people in the alliance, it's not your fault that someone you might not even really know attacks a smaller guy. It's basicly impossible to sort out who did it as well if no-one comes forward. People will always attack guys smaller than themselves, basicly the stats don't allow you to attack with acceptable losses on your own someone larger than you or equil size who has any knowlage of making fleets, or if you find a hole in his fleet he's almost certainly get def, if he is a larger planet in a top alliance, which you'd concider honorable, even more so.
<Zhil> I am HC

Unread 23 Mar 2005, 22:31   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

i'm declining this becuase there have since been better suggesitons along the same lines

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Closed Thread