User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 14:37   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
[Declined] Cooperation within a Galaxy

I just had an idea to possibly improve galaxy cooperation (between planets)

Allow the MOD (Minister of Defence) to build and deploy a Mine Field around the galaxy.

This would require that the MOD planet be given access to some extra page to build and deploy the mine field.

Cost of building it would come from a fund set up specifically for it, that is funded by a 2% - 5%per tick tax (variable set by GC) Funds cannot be used for anything else. By default the Tax option would be switched off and require a vote by at least 2 Galaxy officers to switch on.

Now to the mechanics of the mine field.

1) Mines can be constructed and provide Equal Defence to all planets
2) The Mines can only be made active for short periods (say 5 ticks)
3) Once activated they are spent and die at the end of the period of use.
4) Mines would be capable of only affecting Structure Killers (obviously this would mean that SK's generally would have to be SK's and not any other ship type)
5) The mine field cannot be detected by any sort of General Scan type, other than as below.

Now to give a counter to this, and to possibly introduce further cooperation, a Mine Scan should be avaiable to the MOC in each galaxy, again would require construction of scans/amps in a soecific area, but as they cant be blocked would only require a throw away amp/scan. Minimal cost 1k C/E per scan/amp that again comes fom the fund above.

Feel free to blow me aways

Unread 18 Jan 2005, 14:56   #2
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cooperation within a Galaxy

oh MoD means minister of defence?
I never did read that properly i always thought it said This colour means the ruler is a Minister of Development.
But otherwise mines around a galaxy? Sounds bit dodgy but i know 1up wont like it coz they attack ppl's in other 1up galaxys (before you burn me i know you report the incomings aswell well some do)
Otherwise it just sounds a bit complicated to me so dont know if PA could even attempt it.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 15:05   #3
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Defence/Development whatever?

It still makes for a more actuve and cooperative galaxy, also would make the positiions of MOD/MOC worth having, as the moment they are pretty useless.

Would probably also make alliance members in galaxies more motivated to take up an officer post.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:00   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Think this would be the job for the MoW if anything as I have been MoD for quite a few rounds and a been MoC in rounds of old (rd2 etc..) and MoD is quite the busiest job around if its done properly.
So lets go with the MoW if anyone agrees with the idea

Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:04   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

as if I build structure killers..

but I think u still dont need ur galaxy coz ur alliance probs has enough MoC's that can do that scan..
(I know what u guys are gonna say now)
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:09   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i'm 110% against any mandatory tax, and without one this feature seems tricky to impliment/abusable. as such i'm not hugely convinced
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:19   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
i'm 110% against any mandatory tax, and without one this feature seems tricky to impliment/abusable. as such i'm not hugely convinced
I feel sorry for the 1 man galaxys and the 2 man galaxys

Unread 18 Jan 2005, 18:23   #8
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Defence/Development whatever?

It still makes for a more actuve and cooperative galaxy, also would make the positiions of MOD/MOC worth having, as the moment they are pretty useless.

Would probably also make alliance members in galaxies more motivated to take up an officer post.
MoC is very important, he's like the second GC of the gal, and helps a lot with relations with other gals, especially with old style clusters he set up cluster alliance/made sure gal got in one. MoD if done correctly is also an important job, it's more the MoW that has very little to do since almost all attacking is done through alliances.

So the top gals can make it so they can loose no structures ever in an attack (always have someone online, and can call MoD if he's asleep, all top gals have phone systems in place) Maybe just removing structure killers and replace it with some sort of unique ship per race or something like that would be best
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 19:23   #9
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

i think it's been suggested before, just a few weeks ago, but couldnt an MoW power be a 'notify alliances of incs' button? Doesnt mean the MoW knows who is in what alliance, or even if they have one at all; and can only be used for the whole galaxy at once.

Seperate suggestion really but does fall under the 'MoW is useless' theme
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 19:25   #10
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i think the button to notify alliances scheme was dropped about a week ago
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 22:24   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: [Discuss] Cooperation within a Galaxy

i'm declining this becuase I think the actual idea isn't going to work to well, but the motices behind it were good

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread