User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Dec 2004, 15:35   #1
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Cluster's

Dunno if this is been suggested or not but just delete it if it has

How about a cluster Alliance sorta thing sort of like the alliance bit.
Were you can report defence and actually let know which galaxy is in the cluster nap or not.
Because there is nothing worse than attacking someone in cluster (eta is the same for attacks aka eta 10 for bs etc..) to have some cluster alliance moaning because i am in there cluster and were all part of some Nap that is made up by 3 ppl on irc
Now if there was this cluster alliance page thingy if i was part of cluster nap i wouldnt be able to attack them and if i did they can't mail me and complain And this would be a galaxy voted thing(were we all make a vote and then go with the majority whether we want to be init or not) and something the MoW's would control.
This is just a rough idea so any suggestions to add or amend it would be nice thank you.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 10:55   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Cluster's

A proper cluster alliance system with an extra -1 eta (on top of the cluster eta) would be cool. Would have to be balanced with the rest of the game for ease of defense though.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 11:10   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

tbh i would do it by remocing the -1 eta in cluster but allowing people to join 2 alliances, 1 uni wide one and one cluster one.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 11:35   #4
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

why remove the eta -1 on cluster travel it makes sense that you can travel that faster
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 12:04   #5
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Because of game play issues. Not everything can be as it would be in rl (heh), as it would mess the game up to much.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 12:57   #6
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

if eta was to make sense we'd have to implent the whole "the closer they are, the faster you travel" thingie again |:

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 14:11   #7
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah but im not asking for it to be completely realistic. So i dont think that closer they are the faster you get there should happen. I just think that cluster travelling should have an advantage whether in defence or attack because they are closer. Im not saying lets make it as realistic as possible but some little touches like making it easier to travel to people in your area. Although having the 2 alliances thing would be good how would that be implemented?

I also like the fact that cluster alliances have to be organised by the players. If you have a pre made cluster alliance then all players in that cluster may just join up straight away and any old inactives could join. Yes make this game open to more players but surely encouraging inactive players in alliances is a bad thing?
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 14:15   #8
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

In the current setup clusters are not realy functional and have little strategic meaning. To change that clusters need a real advantage like eta -2 compared to normal on defence. Although there's major downsides to it (it stimulates not only players to work together, but also alliances, hence stimulates blocking).
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 16:46   #9
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
tbh i would do it by remocing the -1 eta in cluster but allowing people to join 2 alliances, 1 uni wide one and one cluster one.
no.. keep the -1 eta within cluster because it makes sense, and DO NOT make cluster alliances a default where when u join, it becomes -1 eta.. keep cluster alliances voluntary in a sense where someone is not obligated to send def, and/or join a 'cluster alliance organized attack' (just like u would in an actual alliance) - a just because we're in the same cluster, doesnt mean i have to defend you train of thought is good in a cluster because it supports exerting effort of being in good or bad terms within the planets of your cluster

like realistically, if i'm in the military (in an alliance in Pa) i am obligated to answer to my commander in chief's plans and organization, but it is my own choice and free will to defend my neighbor next door from getting mugged by thieves.. in many ways, Pa is more than a game.. its a community - lets keep it that way

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 20:11   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

i'd like to get some more discussion on a good way to give tools to a cluster alliance

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 13:31   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
i'd like to get some more discussion on a good way to give tools to a cluster alliance
I think it should be based around the defensive element only and restriction from attacking any galaxy in the cluster alliance.

Unread 14 Jan 2005, 13:43   #12
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Discuss] Cluster's

I dont like cluster alliances btw..
Cluster alliances and normal alliances can't both excist without much conflict in the cluster alliance...
Cluster alliances and normal alliances can only both excist if there more PA players so that peeps have more choise on who to attack etc bcz the game doesnt get more fun if u take away a whole cluster as targets... or the clusters should be made even smaller then they already are..

and last but not least.. My fleets have my alliance name on it.. I only have 3 fleets.. and my alliance needs them.. not the cluster..

Thats how I think about it..
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 14:27   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I dont like cluster alliances btw..
and last but not least.. My fleets have my alliance name on it.. I only have 3 fleets.. and my alliance needs them.. not the cluster..

Thats how I think about it..
The point of the cluster alliance is not to be another full alliance, its to help with the current situation where a whole cluster has -=c12a=-(example) but then 12.1 attacks 12.2 unexpectedly even though there in the same cluster alliance hence why you havent attacked them and so you dont know what to do as they still say -=c12a=- in there galaxy banner and you can see it clearly in your own.

Thats why I think there should be some sort of cluster alliance to control this and if the galaxy wants to leave the cluster alliance it takes lets say 12 hrs or somoething like that to leave so ppl have good warning there not part of it no more. It wouldnt be another alliance it more of a warning system possibly?

Just I dont agree with the current situation of ppl wearing disguises to pretend there part of something there not.

Unread 14 Jan 2005, 14:48   #14
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i don't see why there'd be a 12 hour warning. there isn't with normal alliances
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 14:55   #15
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Clusters in their old form don't even exist any more, went away when the -1 attack bonus got taken away. Cluster alliances in game would have no to little use unless the -1 eta attack bonus got put back in, but it's been argued that it's fairer for new players not to have to deal with mas cluster wars (though great fun, hard to survive if you have a small cally and one run by a block with priv gals)
You have the -1 eta incluster def so if could just as well stay out of game the callies and just have a channel, don't see dif. I'm pretty sure ppl won't just def someone they don't know cause someone put a defcal up for him on the site.
I didn't give a second thought to other gals in cluster last round, only to check if the guy I wanted to attack wasn't in an allied alliance
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 21:14   #16
hellsmurf

hellsmurf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well i would make cluster alliances that way:

galaxies in clusters can alliance or nap

there should NOT be able that one gal member can enter a cluster alliance.. just hole galaxy can enter(GC or some minister should be able to do that; maybe minister&gc voting system)

NAPS should be bilateral things... so galaxy x can nap with y,z, a, b,....so a gal can nap with 0-9 other gals in cluster...(no atacks allowed, if some gal quite nap there is a timelimit where they cant atack each other(like 48 hours)

alliances should be advanced.... every gal in a cluster can open a cluster alliance(gc or minister stuff) so there could be possible 10 clusteralliances in one cluster(would be stupid... but possible ;-)
so other gals can join over gc/ministers...
cluster allies should have irc room and ingame board...
there should be also the possible that other gals. in one cluster can c incommings of there cluster gal allies->call help(maybe just ministers/gc should be able to c that; maybe there should be possible to switch it off/deny some gals so they cant c that incomming )
if some gal quiet that ally there should be timelimit too(like 72 hours)

well btw. cluster time-1 universe alli -1... so a univisere alli in your cluster got -eta2
cluster alliance -eta1?->cluster-1+clusteralli-1=-eta2???
hellsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 10:37   #17
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
i don't see why there'd be a 12 hour warning. there isn't with normal alliances
The cluster alliance is a collective thing.
Its not just one person leaving its 10 ppl leaving and its 10 ppl leaving in the same cluster as you maybe not a 12 warning then coz it wont make a difference but it would be nice to give you chance to stop them asap from entering your cluster chan.

Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:50   #18
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

All clusters do imo is break up a universe. This is fine when there aer 100k playres, but atm we simply dont have enough planets to be able to do that.

It just means the big planets farm the small ones.

And tbh, it has ALWAYS been the way that if u are one of the players who need a DECENT cluster alliance, then u are by default, one of those players who can't get one.
Its just one more thing to seperate the elite players to the not quite so elite ones.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 15:50   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think it'd be nice to see cluster alliances in some form. Work it separately, so the MoC or GC of a galaxy has a list of the cluster galaxys in politics, and can offer a NAP to them all (separately, like a list of all their co-ords with a "NAP" or "ally" button next to it.)
Then maybe some form of shared cluster boards?
I've seen a lot of newer players go asking for NAPs with galaxies. I'd like to see this become part of the ingame thing, even if it starts with clusters. and the bigger alliances could obviously use it too