User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jan 2005, 10:53   #1
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Credit Bin

What a credit bin be possible? Where unwanted credits are donated, and from there they're randomly given out to free planets in the universe?

For example, i've just quit pa, and I have a spare credit (which will just die if I keep it). So if I could put it into a 'credit bin', and it would get randomly given to a free account, then that would be best as it would probably end up paying up the account of some noob which (with an upgraded account) is more likely to get into the game and pay again. Or even if he isn't, at least he'll enjoy the round more and so more likely play planetarion again (even with just another free account).

It isn't at anyones expence, as it's just up to the people who have unwanted credits. Sure maybe a few would end up upgrading farms, but c'est la vie :P At least some noobs could get upgraded.

As for me now, there isn't so much I can do with this remaining credit, except give it to a player who would blaitently pay anyway. So that only costs pa

And a little statistic would be nice (on 'preference' or sommit), a 'There have been 27 credits put in the credit bin this round'. When donated, they randomly find a free planet and message it asking if it would like to use it (give it a week or so), if yes then yay a credit found somebody! If no, then ah well, try again.

Sure it wouldn't make much difference, but it would be a really really nice touch, and so some planets can keep their fingers crossed and be all like 'oh oh oh I hope I get a credit'

And it wouldn't even be nearly worth signing up hundreds of frees, as maybe a one credit reward doesn't even come close to the time it would take to signup/check regulary all those planets (as it wouldn't just be at round start, whenever a credit goes in, it goes out.)

Little changes like this could make a fair bit of difference So dont' give me some 'waste of coding time' crap And if indoubt, look at the thumbs up next to the thread, that means it's cool, so you should say 'yes I agree' to it.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 11:44   #2
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: Credit Bin

i personally like the idea tbh m8... no doubt sum1 will find a way to abuse it tho...they always do

also how about if a planet is closed for cheating you take the upgrade from the closed planet and hand that out to a free planet..

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 12:11   #3
Troglodyte

Troglodyte is an unknown quantity at this point

The community stands up.

u get my vote
Troglodyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 12:57   #4
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummm.

Instead of a bin. Would a credit transfer system work better?
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 13:02   #5
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxard
Hummm.

do elaborate please

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 13:03   #6
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Hummm.

You will have to excuse me for not catching on straight away to what you mean, but what would that entail? A 'credit transfer system' would still involve donated credits being randomly given to frees?
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 13:32   #7
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Well transfering your credits to another player.

If you have 5 credits and you decided to quit and you wanted to give them to someone else then you would go through a transfer process.
Ability to transfer your credits to another player who can use them how they like.

The transfer can go to anyone of your choice, free or paid.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 13:46   #8
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

They can already do this, effectively, by creating an account and upgrading someone... However, they do not want to upgrade someone who would pay anyway
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 19:11   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont like the idea, atleast the way you have suggested it. Handing our spare credist to freebies is fine but this way seems too hit and miss to me. The way freebie accounts are theres always a large proportion whom simply dont deserve or need a credit and as such its a waste of time even giving these people a free credit. As such I feel that if such a donate a credit scheme was implemented it should be done in a less random way. Perhaps somehow freebie acounts could be ranked in some hidden way base don certain factors like activity, progress ect ect to produce a league table. When a credit becomes available the person in the #1 slot would receive it .
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 21:13   #10
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Well transfering your credits to another player.

If you have 5 credits and you decided to quit and you wanted to give them to someone else then you would go through a transfer process.
Ability to transfer your credits to another player who can use them how they like.

The transfer can go to anyone of your choice, free or paid.
Precisely what The Real Arfy said. Spare credits should go to those who wouldn't pay otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I dont like the idea, atleast the way you have suggested it. Handing our spare credist to freebies is fine but this way seems too hit and miss to me. The way freebie accounts are theres always a large proportion whom simply dont deserve or need a credit and as such its a waste of time even giving these people a free credit. As such I feel that if such a donate a credit scheme was implemented it should be done in a less random way. Perhaps somehow freebie acounts could be ranked in some hidden way base don certain factors like activity, progress ect ect to produce a league table. When a credit becomes available the person in the #1 slot would receive it .
Giving it to the most active free account sounds fun. I wouldn't mind that either... the 'randomness' was mearly my suggested way of finding a way to give my credit to a free-be who I wouldn't usually have contact with... To be honest i'm not sure what kind of players you mean by saying 'whom simply dont deserve or need a credit'. I guess no-one deserves a credit unless they've paid for one.. and as to someone needing a credit, the restrictions are heavy, and I bet any single un-upgraded planet in the universe would have a better round without those restrictions. Sure maybe they don't deserve it, but if people have spare left over credits they dont' care about, and don't mind if it ends up at such players, then let them have them. The more people that are happy the better. If there's a better way of finding free accounts who would benefit more.. sure. But I can't think of a better way to be honest that doesn't go overly-complicated.

But at least we agree on the principle of giving spare unwanted credits to free accounts that wouldn't usually be upgraded.

I bet there are at least 10-20 spare unwanted credits lying around. It just seems a bit silly when there are so many unpaid accounts... hence the idea to randomly distribute ^___^
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 21:36   #11
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
Giving it to the most active free account sounds fun.
Clearly would be someone like Zhukov though, who played r12 as a freebie?
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 22:29   #12
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

the freebie ranking sounds interesting, as it gives an incentive for free planets to try and be successful. maybe you don't even need to just use donated credits, how about every week (not in the very beginning of a round obviously) you upgrade the best freebie. this way you encourage freebies to put effort in the game, which in turn makes them get more into it and also experience the limitations of their free accounts, which should stimulate a few of those trying to be good to pay anyway in the end, or maybe the round after. that way you'd upgrade about 15 accounts for free each round (not much compared to a few thousand paying), but you give free planets a lot more to aim for, which already was demanded several times.

(the ranking doesn't need to be done on absolute score either, maybe something like most relative growth in that week could be a criterion also)
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 22:32   #13
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Clearly would be someone like Zhukov though, who played r12 as a freebie?

True True. That's why to be honest I think randomness is better. Because we dont' want to give Zhukov credits now, do we?
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:01   #14
The Real Arfy

Quote:
True True. That's why to be honest I think randomness is better. Because we dont' want to give Zhukov credits now, do we?
My thoughts exactly
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:41   #15
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Need to make sure it ends up with the active free accounts though, and not someone who signed up, thought it was nothing and planned his account to be deleted again in a few days.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:53   #16
The Real Arfy

Possibly active randoms without an alliance - as this is usually the biggest criteria for recruitment
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:25   #17
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Firstly on accounts who dont deserve a credit. Theres an awful lot of people who signup to this game under a free account whom wouldnt really benifit from a upgrade. These are players whom simply dont login enough to be an asset to the community and whom never will be as they have no intention of making themselves an asset. Basically they are players whom have been told to signup, they do so and then become pretty much inactive. You would be wasting credits on these people.

And I'm not saying the most active people should get them first, just that being active would be one of the deciding factors. And i'm really only talking fairly basic activity checks, perhaps something like. For example something like so in a 7 day period if you login each day you get full marks, 0 days you get 0 marks as all your trying to do is make sure the most worthy get the best chance of getting upgraded

The exact forumulas and what other aspects should make up the the 'upgrade' score isnt really my area and i'll leave it for others to discuss but this should be looking to help the middle of the road players, the players who put in enough activity to be an asset to the game but arent the people abusing free accounts by spending too long being active or those whom are barely active enough to be considered active. It should also be aiming to help those people whos tech tree progress and score is around the level expected for a free player and not too far advanced for an average free player (these people should probally not be on a free account and at that activity level should be upgrading themselves) or below that expected (if they havent reached a certain tech tree level by a certain time they probally arent active enough to benifit)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 10:13   #18
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
Need to make sure it ends up with the active free accounts though, and not someone who signed up, thought it was nothing and planned his account to be deleted again in a few days.
Agreed.

Quote:
Firstly on accounts who dont deserve a credit. Theres an awful lot of people who signup to this game under a free account whom wouldnt really benifit from a upgrade. These are players whom simply dont login enough to be an asset to the community and whom never will be as they have no intention of making themselves an asset. Basically they are players whom have been told to signup, they do so and then become pretty much inactive. You would be wasting credits on these people.

And I'm not saying the most active people should get them first, just that being active would be one of the deciding factors. And i'm really only talking fairly basic activity checks, perhaps something like. For example something like so in a 7 day period if you login each day you get full marks, 0 days you get 0 marks as all your trying to do is make sure the most worthy get the best chance of getting upgraded
And again, agreed.

So how about this....

If still players donate credits into this 'credit bin', and they still go out randomly, but only to free accounts that fit a certain criteria? (I'm not sure how specific this kind of criteria should be, possibly as The Real Arfy said if they're not in an alliance, or as wakey suggested, how many times per day they have logged on.) Personally I like the idea of them randomly choosing an account (the account wouldn't know until if it passed or not, as otherwise they might be falsely active), then if that account logs in 5 different days in the next week, they keep the credit.
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 20:51   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:

this may surprise the community.... but we very nearly did implement something similar, the problem is finding a way to make it work well and with little abuse and withotu affecting people paying.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 20:54   #20
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
this may surprise the community.... but we very nearly did implement something similar, the problem is finding a way to make it work well and with little abuse and withotu affecting people paying.

How were you guys thinking of doing it? Was it exactly like what I said below?
(Oh, and thumbs up, it's a kewl idea isn't it? )

Quote:
If still players donate credits into this 'credit bin', and they still go out randomly, but only to free accounts that fit a certain criteria? (I'm not sure how specific this kind of criteria should be, possibly as The Real Arfy said if they're not in an alliance, or as wakey suggested, how many times per day they have logged on.) Personally I like the idea of them randomly choosing an account (the account wouldn't know until if it passed or not, as otherwise they might be falsely active), then if that account logs in 5 different days in the next week, they keep the credit.
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 21:02   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: [Discuss] Credit Bin

I was thinking of more than just having criteria but also having applicaiton forms and interviews etc

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Jan 2005, 21:05   #22
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

an additional idea that springs to mind is for there to be an extra option on the payments page.

atm we can buy packages and get marginal discounts for buying multiple credits.

How about an option where a player who is buying 3 or more credits can buy a half credit to be put in the credit bin.

So if 3 credits cost £10.00 make it so 3 and a half credits cost £11.50 with the half credits being put in the bin for PA/Jolt to distribute as they see fit. (under a published criterea) also the Value of the Credit Bin should be public, ie the bin contains XX credits or half credits.

Now this would raise the question, what happens to the unused credits at the end of each round?

Perhaps the value of them could be donated to a Charity on behalf of the PA comunity ?
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 21:10   #23
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
an additional idea that springs to mind is for there to be an extra option on the payments page.

atm we can buy packages and get marginal discounts for buying multiple credits.

How about an option where a player who is buying 3 or more credits can buy a half credit to be put in the credit bin.

So if 3 credits cost £10.00 make it so 3 and a half credits cost £11.50 with the half credits being put in the bin for PA/Jolt to distribute as they see fit. (under a published criterea) also the Value of the Credit Bin should be public, ie the bin contains XX credits or half credits.
?
YES!! That is such a totally kewl idea.

Quote:
Now this would raise the question, what happens to the unused credits at the end of each round?

Perhaps the value of them could be donated to a Charity on behalf of the PA comunity
Although surely if they were donated straight away after they were put in (presuming it's automatic and doesn't require application forms or anything), there wouldn't be any left? Unless of course there were 0 free accounts which met that criteria, which is very unlikely
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 21:13   #24
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
YES!! That is such a totally kewl idea.

Although surely if they were donated straight away after they were put in (presuming it's automatic and doesn't require application forms or anything), there wouldn't be any left? Unless of course there were 0 free accounts which met that criteria, which is very unlikely

Thanks.

I was thinking that it would detract from anyone thinking the "donated credits" would in effect be more profit for Jolt. (u can bet ur dads last 5 dollars someone would say it)
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 17:50   #25
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Thanks.

I was thinking that it would detract from anyone thinking the "donated credits" would in effect be more profit for Jolt. (u can bet ur dads last 5 dollars someone would say it)
Although tbh I think there are other more efficient ways Jolt can donate money to charities (Like see your suggest post ), but yeah, I see where you're comming from.

So any chance of getting an [Approved]? I think everyone agrees with the principle of people with spare credits who arn't going to use them giving them to people who wouldnt' pay usually. The only possible disputes people have about this are in the implementation, and whether the credits actually end up with those who need them.

And a criteria on judging whether they're active (and log in on a regular basis) is a simple answer to this.... Still a little bit hit and miss, but that will always be the case. As if it wasn't a little bit hit and miss, it would be abusable.

So I can't really see any thing left to discuss. So any chance of implementation?
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 14:59   #26
Judge
Doh!

What is the status on this idea Kal ?

approved or declined (or parhaps not doable) ?
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 15:29   #27
Kal
Inactive peon

anything is doable, but it can;t be approved until a proper fool proof implementation has been developed which is somethign we are working on

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 15:31   #28
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
anything is doable, but it can;t be approved until a proper fool proof implementation has been developed which is somethign we are working on

TY for the prompt answer
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 15:57   #29
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

l33t idea god113 could have used a free account my self but i would rather someone new to the game get it.
i can pay my own way

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 17:23   #30
The Real Arfy

hmmm... idea springs to mind...

how about the criteria could be based on current research, i.e. once a player reaches their research limits?

basically they get put forward for a credit once they've researched their travel time, scans and roids as far as possible?
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 17:49   #31
Kal
Inactive peon

thats probably one good minimum criteria

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Jan 2005, 11:08   #32
god113
Ex-Player

Okay then. Maybe they should only qualify for the criteria as soon as they hit a limit for thier free accounts (And are active). Something like...:

If they are up to a level of research for one path of the tech tree where their free restrictions stop them from going further AND they have logged in 4 differnet days in the week. = Give Credit

So then we can garentie the credit given will benefit them, and that they are active. The '4 different days in a week' is so that we know they don't login four times in one day and then give up. I think 4 seperate days in a week is more than enough to show that they have interest in the game and are a potential player (and so payer.)

And also if we just restrict it to a week to see if they're active, then it doesn't take long for the credit to get out into the universe. As ultimately, when it is donated, the faster it can get out there to the player that needs it, the better.

Then if you have all the players that qualify for this criteria (:Being Free, Logged in four differnet days in the week, and got up to a limit of their free account.) Then the bin should choose one randomly to recieve the credit, send a message saying 'Would you like to recieve a credit to upgrade your account, it has been donated to you by the Creidt Bin [insert Yes/No Options] [Insert Are You Sure if they say no] etc]. If they don't want it, it randomly chooses someone else from the list who qualifies for the criteria.

So I guess to implement this (like this) you would need to not only code the actual bin (into preferences or somewhere with some random stats would be nice like 'The credit bin has given out 34 credits'.) But also it would need a way to see if an account has reached a limit in its free account (like if it has finished time travel research for example), and also a way of seeing if an account has logged in 4 differnet days in a week. (Nit picking here, you could do days by Pa clock, or by theirs, doesn't matter, or even in 24 hour intervals from when the credit bin starts, any way would work, it doesn't matter so much.) And also a way of giving a message with a 'Yes/No' answer to ask when donating the credit.

But the actual coding of the bin would be easy if Planetarion has a way of judging if accounts pass the criteria, it would just decide randomly, and give credits to that person. Everyone wins.

Sorry for the excessive detail, but no-one has really gone into details about implementation, and as it's my thread I guess I would be as good a person as any to go into boring details. But basically, its' good if it's quick, automated (so no forms filled in or no hassel more importantly and so it's a sustainable feature adn doesn't use up anyones time reading applications/deciding etc etc), and randomish (so no-one can predict where it will go).
Unread 22 Jan 2005, 13:21   #33
Kal
Inactive peon

active should be logging in multiple times per day for a period of time- if we are going to be upgrading someone for free then they should be someone who will be contributing signifcantly to gameplay - i also thnk they should need to proove they are nto able to pay for themselves in some way

and i'm against auto distribution of credits, people should have to apply - else we will run out of credits very quickly - another key thing is that we don;t supply redits to people who would be paying themselves at some point.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Jan 2005, 23:32   #34
OrionIII
Force Adept

OrionIII is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Make it so People have to Apply
2. Apply an Activity Criteria, maybe an certain # of miutes logged in total that week. Reset each week.

Really tho this seems the sort of thing that has to be made 110% fool proof, as it could be exploited. I think adding a Password to user #'s may be a good idea also, as i can give someone my password if i leave and they can add my user # to their account and use my credits attached to that user #. Make this option only available BEFORE tick start. As the point of this would be to give my credits if im leaving or not playing PA this round...

i.e. i can give the # to a gal mate or alliance mate, and they can access my credit, as our user #'s are already a credit bin of sorts.
Round 11 - Fusi0n HC / Coven Member / Coven Officer
Round 13 & 14 - Coven Officer
Round 15 - Insomnia
OrionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 05:34   #35
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

a transfer system like mentioned before i think is a good idea.. right now, directly upgrading someone in the game is available, but if we transfer meaning be able to hold on to the credit would be the best way to go.. maybe have HC's of alliances to be able to hold on to these credits to be available to the community and/or their own alliances for upgrading.. since HC's most likely will know the activity of their own members

then the next question to come up is how about the independent planets that dont and will not join an alliance? - then its up to their ingenuity to contact these HC's since it's gonna need a little bit of activity to research this, thus proving that they might be alliance-less but will prove of their ample activity to contribute to the game

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 11:00   #36
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
active should be logging in multiple times per day for a period of time- if we are going to be upgrading someone for free then they should be someone who will be contributing signifcantly to gameplay - i also thnk they should need to proove they are nto able to pay for themselves in some way

and i'm against auto distribution of credits, people should have to apply - else we will run out of credits very quickly - another key thing is that we don;t supply redits to people who would be paying themselves at some point.

Okay then Kal. If it requires an application, I don't think it should be too much based on which sounds like the most hardcore player (so it just ends up with people bluffing to the extreme and lying about how active they are.) And anyway, the super superly active people will probably be willing to pay anyway, therefore it doesn't help pa. I guess it's for the middle-ish players who login requlary, but not necessarily everyday twice a day. The kind of players who have an alliance, but isn't top10 kind of thing... I'm just checking, as i'm not sure we're thinking of the same kind of players who should recieve spare credits. But either way, if it's done automatically or by sending in an application, I still think it could work either way.

If it is done by sending in an application, it would be nice if (kind of what I said in my previous post) planetarion knew if they passed the criteria, and then IF they did, would give them a link to apply to get a credit (Like: 'there are 2 credits in the credit bin, click here to apply to get one free'). Then they send an application off to the people who decide (You? :P), then you pick. And again 'everyone wins'.

I guess the only two things further from this are, what criteria it takes so they can apply, and what the people decide apon from the applications.

From what you said about requiring more activitity than 4 days a week. For the criteria something like:

-Logging on 6 times a week?*
-Having researched up to a limitation of a freebe account
-And in an alliance? (I don't really know about this, but it would show that they know what theyr'e doing for sure... as a planet who isnt' in an alliance doesnt' really stand much chance of competing, and so a credit wouldn't do them so much good.)

* I have a feeling you will think that it isn't enough activity. But in my personal opinion, if somebody is logging on more than 6 times a week, then they're more than likely to pay for themselves anyway. And are probably more than capable of getting themselves paid for (by themselves of by a galmate/alliance mate etc). Maybe i'm over exadurating a bit, but I don't think the activity bit of the criteria should be TOO extreme.

This is more on track to what you are thinking...?
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 11:08   #37
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
a transfer system like mentioned before i think is a good idea.. right now, directly upgrading someone in the game is available, but if we transfer meaning be able to hold on to the credit would be the best way to go.. maybe have HC's of alliances to be able to hold on to these credits to be available to the community and/or their own alliances for upgrading.. since HC's most likely will know the activity of their own members

then the next question to come up is how about the independent planets that dont and will not join an alliance? - then its up to their ingenuity to contact these HC's since it's gonna need a little bit of activity to research this, thus proving that they might be alliance-less but will prove of their ample activity to contribute to the game

I agree with the first paragraph. It would also be nice. But honestly, on its own it wouldnt' make so much difference. Alliances (Alliance HCs even) can already organise people giving their spare credits to members who need them, they don't really need to have the credits in the HC's posession to do so. Usually it's either 'PM HC with spare credits' or a forum where people ask for credits, and people say 'oh I have one spare' in an alliance. And I can't see there being too much wrong with that as it is, but granted it would make it a bit easier maybe and could serve some other purposes. So I would by no means be objected to such a thing, as I think it would be kewl, but I don't think it solves what this post was trying to do, which was get credits out to those who wouldn't otherwise pay and so get them involved in the game.

So I don't really agree with your second paragraph, I think it gives HCs far too much power. And also, I don't think everyone would want to give their credits to their HCs to give to other people without them. Me personally anyway would rather trust an independant planetarion feature to give a credit to these people. (Like a credit bin suggested). So it isn't really for the same purpose as a credit transfer system. So both together would be superly great! A credit bin AND a credit transfer system. But maybe that requires a different post, as it's kind of a differnet thing for a different purpose..(?) But by no means would it mean that a credit bin wouldn't be useful.

If i'm making sense even And what do you think to the original idea of a credit bin anyway?
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 12:11   #38
Kal
Inactive peon

my problem with 6 times a week is that it means they are not integrating into the community - hell i even think twice a day isn't enough! i'm not saying the people should be active every day, but at least some days when they look on a few times would be nice, so at leats it looks like they will bring benefits to their galaxy.

the aim of the credit bin to me should be to hlep thoose that cannot pay and who would benefit the community - there is no point upgrading someone who only logs in once a day as they probably don;t care about being upgraded

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 12:17   #39
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
my problem with 6 times a week is that it means they are not integrating into the community - hell i even think twice a day isn't enough! i'm not saying the people should be active every day, but at least some days when they look on a few times would be nice, so at leats it looks like they will bring benefits to their galaxy.

the aim of the credit bin to me should be to hlep thoose that cannot pay and who would benefit the community - there is no point upgrading someone who only logs in once a day as they probably don;t care about being upgraded
So Kal, what would you suggest the activity criteria should be?
Or do you think everyone should be open to apply and should say in their application how active, and then people decide from the most active?
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 12:34   #40
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Kal, what would you suggest the activity criteria should be?
Or do you think everyone should be open to apply and should say in their application how active, and then people decide from the most active?
Just give yer credits to me god113 i will find some use for them
I have given away 2 credits to ppl in rnd 11 so someone giving me an account would be nice hehe

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 13:59   #41
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Just give yer credits to me god113 i will find some use for them
I have given away 2 credits to ppl in rnd 11 so someone giving me an account would be nice hehe
hehe noah
Although what I end up doing with my spare credit is pretty insignificient though to the topic though as I bet there are looadddss of spare credits out there. The fact that I had a credit that I didn't want to use just gave me the idea.

But if they don't implement a credit bin noah, rest assured i'll come find you and give it to you ^___^ (And you shouldn't be having time to post, you should be busy winning the speedgame!)
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 14:18   #42
Kal
Inactive peon

well, the game records all the logins people make, so if we assume we assess people at the time they have it some of the freebie tech limits, then we can assess their acitivty throughout the whole round up until then, i'd say this will be 1-2 weeks after they have started the game, which seems a decent amount of time to assess activity over. We could then tell thoose that meet the criteria that they are in a position that they would benefit through upgrading, if there is no upgrade within a certain period of time, then we ask them why they have not upgraded - assuming a good reason we can then use the credit bin to help them - most of this other than the final decision can be automated which is nice.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 14:20   #43
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
hehe noah
Although what I end up doing with my spare credit is pretty insignificient though to the topic though as I bet there are looadddss of spare credits out there. The fact that I had a credit that I didn't want to use just gave me the idea.

But if they don't implement a credit bin noah, rest assured i'll come find you and give it to you ^___^ (And you shouldn't be having time to post, you should be busy winning the speedgame!)

Well I was number number 1 for the majority of the first 72 ticks or 2nd but and 3rd sometimes but being terran them pesky xans just came by there millions

Oh and you will no my planet
I name it after are galaxy.

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 16:04   #44
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
well, the game records all the logins people make, so if we assume we assess people at the time they have it some of the freebie tech limits, then we can assess their acitivty throughout the whole round up until then, i'd say this will be 1-2 weeks after they have started the game, which seems a decent amount of time to assess activity over. We could then tell thoose that meet the criteria that they are in a position that they would benefit through upgrading, if there is no upgrade within a certain period of time, then we ask them why they have not upgraded - assuming a good reason we can then use the credit bin to help them - most of this other than the final decision can be automated which is nice.
cool! whos gonna be the custodian of this? pa team?

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 22:06   #45
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
It all sounds good, very good infact.

So to get this straight, the whole process would only take 1-2 weeks per planet?

But actually, I guess if a credit is donated in the bin halfway through the round, the game would already know which planets would be in the criteria from previous monitoring them? So after the first 2 weeks, they would go in and then out straight away?

(Just trying to clarify)

But from what you say it sounds like it could be great
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 22:08   #46
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
It all sounds good, very good infact.

So to get this straight, the whole process would only take 1-2 weeks per planet?

But actually, I guess if a credit is donated in the bin halfway through the round, the game would already know which planets would be in the criteria from previous monitoring them? So after the first 2 weeks, they would go in and then out straight away?

(Just trying to clarify)

But from what you say it sounds like it could be great
yes we could have a pending list i guess so as soon as credits come in they get autodonated - though its probably best if people get rmeoved from the list if activity drops so we don;t give credits to people who have given up.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 22:14   #47
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
yes we could have a pending list i guess so as soon as credits come in they get autodonated - though its probably best if people get rmeoved from the list if activity drops so we don;t give credits to people who have given up.

That's even better. As I think the more that can be automated the better.

A few final questions I have:

And how about the asking them if they want the credit or not, would it be possible to code that into pa? Like a pa-mail but with yes/no options etc.
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 22:32   #48
Kal
Inactive peon

could certainly have somethign that popped up on the overview easily enough

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 22:36   #49
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
could certainly have somethign that popped up on the overview easily enough

I don't know what else there is to discuss about implementation, seems it's pretty much covered. Any chance of [approved]? ^___^
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 18:50   #50
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

ah! dont know if this has been mentioned already, but what if you have 150 candidates and only have 3 credits to give away? do you randomly do it then?