User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:23   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Champions League Draw

Stuttgart vs Chelsea
Celta Vigo vs Arsenal
Porto vs Manchester United

Thankfully, they've avoided all the major obstacles, and all have ties I think they can win, home and away.

Stuttgart are too much the counter attacking side to beat chelsea, Arsenal can outplay Celta and Porto will be demolished by Man U.

However, the tie of choice is...

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid.

Sparta Prague v AC Milan
Deportivo La Coruna v Juventus
Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco
Real Sociedad vs Lyon

Are the other ones.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:27   #2
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Re: Champions League Draw

when are they played?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:28   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Celta could give Arsenal a few problems but Chelsea and Man U should breeze through.

I think every seed would have wanted to avoid Bayern, but i'm sure real will be able to out skill them.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:29   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
when are they played?
24//25th of Feb.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:30   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

munich will lose, they play horrible this year. stuttgard plays better than them.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:33   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
munich will lose, they play horrible this year. stuttgard plays better than them.
Europe is a different matter; I couldn't have seen Bayern Munich capitulating so readily at Old Trafford.

And, whilst I had hoped that they had gone out at the 1st group stage two years in a row, I now hope they beat Real, to give Chelsea et al an easier draw.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:48   #7
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

goodbye chelsea
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:51   #8
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

I hope Germany wins this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:55   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
goodbye chelsea
You're sure that Stuttgart, a team that appears to be only able to score on the break, will be able to win against the best attack in england, and the best defense in england?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:56   #10
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

Ze Germans are superior to your puny little island. Last time you had a war you where lucky, this time they are comming to beat the living crap out of you.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:03   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Oracle
Ze Germans are superior to your puny little island. Last time you had a war you where lucky, this time they are comming to beat the living crap out of you.
Is this the same stuttgart who didn't turn up (metaphorically speaking) for the game against Manchester United this week?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:11   #12
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

No, this is the real Stuttgart who did. Afaik ManUTD didn't dare playing them.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:25   #13
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You're sure that Stuttgart, a team that appears to be only able to score on the break, will be able to win against the best attack in england, and the best defense in england?
yes.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:34   #14
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road

I sure hope Stuttgart is no match for Chelsea, but i'm not that sure. They impressed me the first match against Man U
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:42   #15
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
i beg to differ. United hold the best defenseive record this season... and also quite possibly the best attack, ill have to go check up on that one
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:46   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Scutter
i beg to differ. United hold the best defenseive record this season... and also quite possibly the best attack, ill have to go check up on that one
Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea are tied on 29 goals scored, and you're right in that Man U has conceded one fewer goal.

However, Chelsea, up until Leeds, had kept something like 8 clean sheets in a row.

And the difference between the defenses in Europe (3 goals conceded vs 2 goals conceded) is pretty small too. In fact, they have the best defensive records in europe, equalled only by AC Milan, who have also conceded three.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:47   #17
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

the "schwaben" will ****ing die against chelsea, i hope so!

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:49   #18
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Since when does Chelsea have the best defence and best attack in England? It's not like they've scored the most goals, or conceded the least.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:50   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Grimble
Since when does Chelsea have the best defence and best attack in England? It's not like they've scored the most goals, or conceded the least.
I think you'll find that they have scored the most, and are a single goal off conceding the least.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:50   #20
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

well see what happens against stuttgart.. i dont think Chelsea can go both games without conceeding. and realistically, what are the chances of Porto scoring against Manchester United? They were despatched 4 - 0 from the first leg even last time the two sides met, with the away leg being 0 - 0 and Ferguson playing for going through again, rather than to win
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:53   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
well see what happens against stuttgart.. i dont think Chelsea can go both games without conceeding. and realistically, what are the chances of Porto scoring against Manchester United? They were despatched 4 - 0 from the first leg even last time the two sides met, with the away leg being 0 - 0 and Ferguson playing for going through again, rather than to win
I reckon they can. Stuttgart are playing like Liverpool a few seasons ago, keeping it tight at the back and hitting them on the break.

The trouble is, Chelsea tend to have Makelele, Terry and Gallas sitting back, holding the line.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:54   #22
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

Quote:
I think you'll find that they have scored the most, and are a single goal off conceding the least.
Chelsea have 29 goals, Arsenal have 29 goals, Manchester United have 29 goals.

Manchester United have the best defence and attack in the premiership
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:55   #23
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
well see what happens against stuttgart.. i dont think Chelsea can go both games without conceeding.
momentary it would be possible, no doubt. stuttgart has a terrific defense (3 goals in 15! games). however their attack isnt that good (oki 22 goals in 15 games doesnt sound bad), especially in the last 3 games, where they couldnt make a goal.

Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:57   #24
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Chelsea have 39 goals, Arsenal have 39 goals, Manchester United have 39 goals.
http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/gener...e/tabelle.html

29?!

Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:58   #25
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I meant 29

Sorry

Can I blame being a retard?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:59   #26
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Can I blame being a retard?
no, but be my friend

Unread 12 Dec 2003, 14:00   #27
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
no, but be my friend
With benefits?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 14:22   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Stuttgart vs Chelsea
Celta Vigo vs Arsenal
Porto vs Manchester United

However, the tie of choice is...

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid.

Sparta Prague v AC Milan
Deportivo La Coruna v Juventus
Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco
Real Sociedad vs Lyon

Are the other ones.
Three teams i know very well, having watched Celtic knock beat all three in the last 2 and a half years.

Celta Vigo Vs Arsenal... I think Celta can cause Arsenal a few problems. Also, prepare for one of the most shocking displays of diving you've ever seen - from both teams - but especially from vigo. It was an embarrassment to football, and im so glad we proper ****ed them out of europe last season.
Although going to spain will be tough, i think when you compare the whining egotistical git that is Benedict McCarthy to the Fifa World Player of the year Thierry Henry, there can only be one winner.

Stuttgart vs Chelsea... Chelsea's downfall could be complacency. Stuttgart are a very decent team (despite a couple of divers *cough*RAU*cough*). They are very tough tacklers, and dont give in. In The UEFA cup they needed 5 goals to knock us out after we won the first leg 3-1 then went 2-0 up. We sat back, as you do. Stuttgart scored THREE times. They still went down, but not before they made my heart beat again. Although i consider them to be the most complete team in the premiership, and a side worthy of challenging Real Madrid for the CL, i still feel that the name "Chelsea" emits a possible weakness.

And just briefly on the other ties

I wouldnt say Real Madrid Bayern Munich is the tie of the round. Real Madrid will **** Bayern Munich over left right and centre. WIll the football viewing public please get it into their heads that Bayern Munich are absolutely ****ing rubbish, and have no place on the grand stage of the last 16 of the Champions league.

Lyon / Sociedad. I havent seen Sociedad play much, and this is just too painful to think about. It could have been us, with just a little more luck. Or a little less bad luck. And i would have fancied our chances to go to the last 8 and take a humbling off one of the true elite of Europe.

La Coruna / Juventus. I cant back against Juventus here, i think Deportivo are continually overrated and constantly overhauled in Europe. They are a good enough team to make this stage, and no further imho.

Moscow / Monaco. Meeting of the weakest teams, the winner (probably monaco) will undoubtably be drawn against Man Utd.

Prague/ Milan is surely just a warm up for Shevchenko.

Nah, i have to disagree MrL. The tie of the round for me is quite clearly

Porto / Man Utd.
You know what, i cant decide who i hate more. The diving scum of Porto who cost us what would have been the second biggest achievement in my clubs history... or Man Utd. I think i still hate Porto too much, the wounds are too fresh. But at the same time if they beat Man Utd it would add weight to our achievements and what we could have accomplished. Of course, Man Utd should probably have too much for them, but you can never count on the ref - porto will be looking for awards even when yopu think its not possible that any team would have the cheek. They are also a really good attacking side. Coming off the draw in the Bernebau, i think Man Utd have a lot to fear.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 14:25   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Stuttgart vs Chelsea... Chelsea's downfall could be complacency. Stuttgart are a very decent team (despite a couple of divers *cough*RAU*cough*). They are very tough tacklers, and dont give in. In The UEFA cup they needed 5 goals to knock us out after we won the first leg 3-1 then went 2-0 up. We sat back, as you do. Stuttgart scored THREE times. They still went down, but not before they made my heart beat again. Although i consider them to be the most complete team in the premiership, and a side worthy of challenging Real Madrid for the CL, i still feel that the name "Chelsea" emits a possible weakness.
I don't think a team that trains immediately after winning 2-0 in the champions league in order to prepare for Bolton at the weekend is going to get complacent. Ranieri is an exceptional coach in that respect.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 15:07   #30
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

With the hit and miss mood we've been in lately, I think Celta may well give us more of a test than you have made out.

However, we could also hit the form we showed against Inter and murder them, who knows.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:12   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Manchester United have the most difficult tie.

Chelsea should have enough to overcome Stuttgart (who I know are very good, but Chelsea will be better) and Vigo honestly shouldn't be a problem for Arsenal if they play to their potential.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:14   #32
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All 3 English teams to go through.

Bayern to be completely humiliated against Madrid. (im talking 6 or 7 goals on aggregate)

Sparta to shock AC Milan.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 19:52   #33
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Porto / Man Utd.
You know what, i cant decide who i hate more. The diving scum of Porto who cost us what would have been the second biggest achievement in my clubs history... or Man Utd. I think i still hate Porto too much, the wounds are too fresh. But at the same time if they beat Man Utd it would add weight to our achievements and what we could have accomplished. Of course, Man Utd should probably have too much for them, but you can never count on the ref - porto will be looking for awards even when yopu think its not possible that any team would have the cheek. They are also a really good attacking side. Coming off the draw in the Bernebau, i think Man Utd have a lot to fear.
Collina all the way!!!!!!!
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 20:15   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict Arsenal to win the champions league (note if vieira or henry get injured for important games my prediction is instantly null and void).
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 20:21   #35
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

dont make any more posts jonny... it looks good like that (the count)
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 20:26   #36
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I don't think a team that trains immediately after winning 2-0 in the champions league in order to prepare for Bolton at the weekend is going to get complacent. Ranieri is an exceptional coach in that respect.
But Ranieri won't be playing.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 21:16   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
But Ranieri won't be playing.
That doesn't work as a reply.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 21:39   #38
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

How's this:

The fact that they train the next day after a champions league match is pretty much irrelevant, since it's easy for any player to become complacent. It's usually subconscious, and saying "we mustn't be complacent" has already proven that you feel there is a reason for complacency.

?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 20:54   #39
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm surprised by Monaco's performance in this year's CL as they're managed by Didier Deschamp. Remember him at Chelsea?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 21:00   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I'm surprised by Monaco's performance in this year's CL as they're managed by Didier Deschamp. Remember him at Chelsea?
I remember him as the most capped player in French history, if that counts.

[edit]

And Lazio are managed by Mancini, and Partizan Belgrade by Lothar Matthaeus. Two more recent players.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 21:07   #41
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I remember him as the most capped player in French history, if that counts.

[edit]

And Lazio are managed by Mancini, and Partizan Belgrade by Lothar Matthaeus. Two more recent players.
But Lazio and Partizan Belgrade didn't qualify for the last 16. Monaco did.

Also Lothar Matthaeus resigned from his post as manager.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 21:09   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
But Lazio and Partizan Belgrade didn't qualify for the last 16. Monaco did.
Lazio were favourites for the group, mind. And Belgrade's result matches anything Monaco have done, in terms of shock factor.

Except the 8-3.

[edit]

Are you sure he resigned? I can't find anything about it.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 21:27   #43
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Lazio were favourites for the group, mind. And Belgrade's result matches anything Monaco have done, in terms of shock factor.

Except the 8-3.

[edit]

Are you sure he resigned? I can't find anything about it.
http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/...Id=133727.html

Here you go.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 21:28   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Nice and on the button my lad!

I wonder why he did that....
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 21:30   #45
Blastoderm
________

Quote:

Beats me. He could have at least stayed there for a season or two to improve on his managerial skills & perhaps move to a slightly bigger club to put those skills in action. That way, he might make himself just as 'big' as Voller.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 18:13   #46
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Quote:

hes playing football in some kinda third world place... one of those footbal growing countries, like ghana or something silly... and so is Gabrielle Batistuta
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 18:17   #47
JC
lolly roffle

Saudi Arabia or one of the countries in that area i think.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 18:34   #48
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

hmm... i dont think its that one... but they do all dress pretty much like Arabs. If it was Saudi Arabia id remember, cos obviously in the programme i watched they would have featured that saudi president guy blabbing on
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 13:16   #49
Blastoderm
________

IT's either Qatar, Bahrain or UAE.