User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 22 Apr 2006, 16:15   #1
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Booting from external hard drives

How difficult is this to set up (i assume one will need to tell the computer to check if there is a bootable device in a usb2 port, but i have no idea how to do this), any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated
Unread 22 Apr 2006, 16:27   #2
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: Booting from external hard drives

can you not do it from the bios menu cant you?

In the boot options? if not I have nfi :s

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2006, 16:46   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Booting from external hard drives

Newer BIOSes should be able to boot from a USB device, you just need to set the boot priority up.

On the PC's at work (HP) they are set to try and boot from a USB device first by default anyway (although they don't have floppies so that's probably why).

edit : I presume you know how to access the BIOS - but if not then when you start up hit either "F2" or "Delete" (it should tell you when you start the machine - "Press F2 to Enter Setup" or something like that.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote