User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Aug 2003, 06:09   #1
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Bringing back the World Cup

Explanation of The World Cup:
A series of Speedgames where differet regions would play qualifying weekends (speedgames), and the top X galaxies would get to play the international finals.

We are going to bring back the World Cup.
What I would like to get some input on is wether to do it regionally like last time, or more based around Alliances.
We coudl split alliances into groups, divide them over a few weekends, and see who does better?
Or perhaps national pride is stronger?
What do YOU think?
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 06:22   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I think the region-based setup was interesting...alliances can scrap all they want in regular PA, but regional PA brings people from different alliances together (sometimes) which is good for the community as a whole.

Besides, I fully expect a certain PA creator to make some outlandish bet that his region will win

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 06:25   #3
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Oh dear, more dresspics? OR what will it be this time?
Shaving my head live on webcam? (-:
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 06:56   #4
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd suggest following a example of the last speed round ( i cant remember the dates i was at orions house in holland at the time....) anyway when you start setting limits on who you can pick based on region or alliance it limites the choices of friends you can make I know speaking from a personal stand point the last speed round i played in my gal was madeup up of people from all around the world and i had only played in a galaxy with one of them before (keep in mind a good speed player is not nessaracly a good duration long round player).

With that in mind I'd ask you dont set restictions based on allliance/location otherwise your limiting such alliances as hirr to a limited player base or such countries as malta to the same small niche of players.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 06:58   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Come on now sirad, I know you want to put together a NA team and show those Norwegians how it's done

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 07:04   #6
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Come on now sirad, I know you want to put together a NA team and show those Norwegians how it's done
actually i dont want to play i'd just not want to limit the possibilities of others, I was at the bar all night weith some collegues tonight and will be there again tomorrow night after setting up my waterbed. i wouldent give one of theese week-end parties up for a week-end of pa

becides everyone knows spinner couldent win at pa if he was the only one playing :P so no worries about norwegians
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 07:08   #7
Cochese
Retired

He's owning the beta so hard you'd think he made the game himself:eek:

Oh wait...

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 07:12   #8
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
He's owning the beta so hard you'd think he made the game himself:eek:

Oh wait...
thats because he can toss out the competition unlike other payed rounds ^_^
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 08:24   #9
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
The region based worldcup was great! Giv!!

Oh, and put West-Europe or whatever region you put Holland in somewhere at the end plz

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 08:50   #10
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
I assume this would be round pre-10, and not PAX?
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 08:52   #11
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
Shaving my head live on webcam? (-:
How about growing a beard and dying it green?
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 09:19   #12
Mr. Juggalo
eia bro

Mr. Juggalo is an unknown quantity at this point
Why?

New Zealand/Australia will win again anyway.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 09:31   #13
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
omfg p.a world cup returns \0/

Hope i dont get ******* over again

Regional contests works just fine.

But i think if you could put together a 'global' gal would be more fun.

P.S R10 or r9 stats\game ?

Last edited by isildurx; 23 Aug 2003 at 09:37.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 11:31   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Bringing back the World Cup

Quote:

What I would like to get some input on is wether to do it regionally like last time, or more based around Alliances.
Basing the World Cup on alliances would be incredibly unfair on the smaller alliances that have a smaller number of active members to pick from. For example my alliance, TiT, probably wouldnt be able to fill a 15 man gal with fully dedicated players, so where does that leave me? Whereas if it is country based i'm sure i could find enough Brits to fill a gal and have a great time.

Its great to see the World Cup coming back, i thoroughly enjoyed it last time .
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 12:10   #15
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Worldcup

Will it be R10 stats/system or one of the older rounds?

Edit: and definitely Region-based, with an entire galaxy on one location beats everything
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 23 Aug 2003 at 12:44.
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 12:10   #16
terror

terror is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

woooot finally an other speedround
spinner would u plz come to #pawk-leiden and put a date on the topic ? ty
cuz i need to start the progress of borrowing the university (i'll try to stuff up 3 gals there )
terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 12:21   #17
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
YAY!!!

spinner, i love you!

oh and "old-style" plz.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 12:23   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I loved the old region-based World Cup

The old stats would be perfect, with some minor tweaks to prevent everyone from going Xan
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:24   #19
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
anything with fast tix JUST BRING IT ON :P
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:26   #20
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Sad
anything with fast tix JUST BRING IT ON :P
u better not be allowed into nordic qualifiers again!!

find yerself sum african p.a players

I dont want a repeat of last time.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:54   #21
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
make it country wise... so we can have some nice lans... that makes half the fun... plus you get a nice chance to work with others then your reular alliance every time.....

thunder ya know where to find meh

p.s. make it real pa tho plz not that r10 stuff i might actually have to see how it works then:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:18   #22
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

no limitations on region fs, if anyone wants to play with there friends a nation away etc, they cant do it in your long random rounds the speed rounds is a place they can
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:19   #23
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Would be unfair if you were the only contestant from Liechtenstein or Monaco too

-----
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 15:42   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
if anyone wants to play with there friends a nation away
they can do it in another speed round. World Cup should definitely be region-based
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 15:43   #25
terror

cypher we might just be able to fit you in the university for the top of dutch ownage :P
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 16:01   #26
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by terror
cypher we might just be able to fit you in the university for the top of dutch ownage :P
hehe think i'd have a date already if it does happen */me hopes atleast* and else we'll see
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 16:56   #27
isildurx

Pure country wise would be sorta hard to do imo, since not very many people know\wanna be in gal with 9\14 others from their country.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 19:32   #28
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
if someone can set up a lan somewhere in holland i am fully rentable, only thing that i want in is that at the end we go clubbing on a sunday night
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 19:56   #29
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
I guess I gotta reprisent canada again ...
hrm ...
Do we have enough players playing now a days still?

Ah well, I'll do it alone if I have to !

r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 20:48   #30
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point
That was about time!!!!

Lots of ppl has wanted that back cause its so much more fun than just an ordinary speed game. I remember all of the nice competition between the regions which was rather different from the spirit in normal PA. This is much more like some kind of national game in football or something like that. ppl can more easily gather together at LANs and such.

Speed game between alliances is totaly out of questions in my oppinion cause that will just give ppl in smaller alliances no what so ever chance to do anything to win and beside that you will just play with the guys you always play with and that is not as fun. Its much more fun to play with some ppl you might be enemies with in the normal pa or at least that is what I think.

But well I don't care much even though I might play the speed game... but hey!!! how can I play if you make it based on alliances?? I'll not be in any alliance so I can't play... but I think I live in a country so if you make it regionaly based I can play. :-) Interesting thought and I think that answeres the question very well weather it should be based on alliances or regional cause only one of the options is posible...

If you make a regional speed game you will for sure have ONE paying player!!! (me)

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 21:08   #31
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

if you make it regional based, PLEASE PLEASE dont have qualifying rounds in that region because playing in a universe of 10 galaxies is pretty **** after about 5 hours (especially if your in northamerica heh)
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 21:12   #32
isildurx

Best thing is to just let people be with whomever they want to be with, in 10 man gals.

Then draw which gals is in what 'group'

Should be 20(?) gals in each group, hopefully we will then have 100 contestants(1k players), making 5 groups, and 4 people advancing from each group.

IN the grand finale its winner takes all.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 22:23   #33
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

And keep all the ****ing BG's out of it so they dont ruin the round like last random :\
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 01:29   #34
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Country based, R7 stats (were the most balanced) or PaX stats, 1 min ticks, 10 planets per gal....Do that and I'll get the beer and the 9 Tugas to kick all ur *****

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 01:32   #35
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Well, I will for sure take active part in the speedround again, might be again as BC only. So Cypher, indeed you got a date!

I think we got 3 questions to Think about.

Pax or R9 game/stats:
Well for me, R9, Last speedround I talked some old members back into planetarion. They played R7 as last round, after they played speedround they played R9.5 I don't want to learn those guys Pax (since it is COMPLETE different) and I don't want an Testcase Speedround.

Random/Private:
I think Spinner is thinking about Private, since more people seem to like that. For myself, I don't mind, as long as I can play

Regions/Country/Alliance:

Alliance Based:

Well to fix it with alliance's is to hard, so let's don't do that.

Country Based:

Country's is something that can be done, my only problem is that
I like a lot of foreign people, which I played speedround with and I want to play with them again (Lo TheVoid,Mitre,Desse,Gresnik,Foxman,Krush,etc,etc)

Region Based:

Well, again rulez out some friends to play with, but last time was great, and indeed maybe a good idea to retry

One big banging galaxy:

Worked last time, was fun why not..?

Some other notes to Spinner and readers!
With more rounds and after that a final, you need at least 10 galaxy's to play each round.. Well that's at least 10 * 10(Based on 10 players per gal) that's 100 players each round.
That's 400(If you have 4 pre finals) in total. Last speedround had 250 members, so we need more players coming speedround.

Another thing... IMHO Cluster and para travel time should be NOT DONE in speedround. If you start bad in a speedround, all gals will bash you and get some roids. If there are para/clusters you never have a chance to recover. If you don't got para/clusters the chance that a gal can have a really good comeback is much higher. I've seen that in the worldcup i played(we didn't had cluster/para that round) Last 2 speedrounds had para/clusters, and it was VERY hard to make a come back without REALLY strong allies.

Last thing.... Almost all players of my BG in last speedround agreed that speedround should be 24 hours Non Stop, starting Saturday ending Sunday! This would be really cool, and also my wish to see for coming speedround. I also mean 24 hours WITHOUT even 1 hour stop... I know people want to eat etc, and this will make account sharing more likely, but for the people I play with I know they won't do that, since we have so much fun, we could even fill 36 hours non-stop. But i'm afraid the tossers and losers that always account share in speedround, would have more reason to do it again

Well spinner I hope you can do something with this info, and for others... help spinner a bit, so we can get speedround asap!
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 02:12   #36
Ants
Commander

Ants is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball
Last thing.... Almost all players of my BG in last speedround agreed that speedround should be 24 hours Non Stop, starting Saturday ending Sunday! This would be really cool, and also my wish to see for coming speedround. I also mean 24 hours WITHOUT even 1 hour stop... I know people want to eat etc, and this will make account sharing more likely, but for the people I play with I know they won't do that, since we have so much fun, we could even fill 36 hours non-stop. But i'm afraid the tossers and losers that always account share in speedround, would have more reason to do it again

Totally agree, and anyone I play with agree, however someone has to watch over the servers at all times and I cant see spinner enjoying that too much. If he had a rotation set up with another creator then that would sort it.
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 05:23   #37
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Dont worry about us, we'll do fine (-:

Ok, it seems the concecus lean towards Regional based World Cup again, and this time people ask for 24 hour straight, no breaks...oh kay...
But as for PaX / Old PA, I do not think we wish to venture out into Old PA territory. Mostly due to the fact that
Old PA is unstable
Old PA requires a lot more work to set up
Old PA is something we dont want to touch again, codewise and maintenence wise

However, PaX has another issue:
It may be a bit too much to do there to play properly in 1 minute ticks. Certainly in the beta, we had problems with it, as everything is so new still. Might be better once everyoen learns it better, because I promise you, any earlier 72 tick plan is void
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 06:17   #38
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Quote:

But as for PaX / Old PA, I do not think we wish to venture out into Old PA territory.

geez spinner, scrol up and read! :eek:
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 10:34   #39
isildurx

Quote:
Originally posted by KoeN
geez spinner, scrol up and read! :eek:

even if every1 wants it, i dont see him going back to him

Its just like an actor whos there to talk about his\her newest film, while all the media is just interested in the last one he\she made.

I understand it, but i wish it wasnt so

And spinner, its not hard with 1min ticks fs :\
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 11:17   #40
terror

hhehehe 24 hours straight on is difficult for us cuz we can't cook in the university and we're officially not allowed to eat there :P
tho i like the idea WC was TTOOO much fun
and it will put leiden on the map again :P
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 11:46   #41
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Leave bg's out of it for **** sake, let it be galaxy versus galaxy, with classical napping and backstabbing the way it should be.
The first random speedround kicked ass, the second was only fun for those who played with their bg, not those who thought their gal would help.
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 11:47   #42
General Martok
used to register

Playing 24 hours straight would also stop the whining "but we ahve to start playing at 02:00 am" etc . Everyone has to go through the night

-----
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 12:29   #43
Argilus
KniV HC

Argilus is an unknown quantity at this point
/me is good to go aswell again, and u know where to find me =)
All through the night.

Argilus, Seraphim Guardian Angel
Argilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 14:58   #44
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

anomnorway is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
becides everyone knows spinner couldent win at pa if he was the only one playing :P so no worries about norwegians
:ninja: hehe never underestimate us Norwegians
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 19:32   #45
cypher
U've been Moderated

i totally agree with thunder.... playing 24 hours straight (or even 36 hours) would make for such a fun challenge in this game and would be harder for everyone etc... it's quite a lot better like that imo and then you can get someone to get you food or something anyways.

further playing old stats is alot better for speedrounds i think as far as i've seen myself from r10 stuff. as 1min ticks just aint enough time to do everything else i think...

cluster/para should be deleted aswell yeah as it's too easy for a decent gal to abuse it.
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 22:46   #46
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Another note for spinner, as we discussed on Rucphen.

Since planetarion is for ALL players in the world, and not only EU people, 24 hours non-stop is something that will attract more aussies and USA people. So doing 24 hours will give each part of the world the same chance to win it... And I want to try and win from every possible PA player, not only those in europe

And last 2 speedrounds seemed ok to me, they where pretty stable. We had 2 pause's which I didn't like, but if that keeps the bugs away? No problem for me..

And damn, if I need to figure out a tactic to win PAX speedround, I might need to play the beta or the game again

Ans especially for NEWT... Sorry man, ofc I needed to put your name at the list.. Same counts for Haz and all others I forgot that gotta play speedround with us again!!
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:01   #47
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
playing 24 hours in a row is ok, but i would like a 30min break once, just so i can get new beer incase i drank my complete supply.
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:11   #48
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by MegaNova
playing 24 hours in a row is ok, but i would like a 30min break once, just so i can get new beer incase i drank my complete supply.
Nah, it's a strategy game--you have to work and plan and calculate and figure out how much beer to buy ahead of time!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:13   #49
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
I think, I can come out of retirement for another speedgame.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 00:27   #50
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough
Think you are just about to bring new blood into PA again....and keep the old once around for some more time!

Excellent idea, specially the regional part. Would force people to recriut more in other regions...can't say there is to many players that I know about in western USA but this might be a good opertunity to recriut more!

I know about plenty pf people who would play PA if it was speed round, then they would get hooked (like everyone else) and start playing the real game as well.

And most US based games are $15-20 a month so it would be cheaper than most games also...

Love the idea!