User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Dec 2006, 19:29   #1
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
An element of the game beyond calculation

This trick had occured to me once before, today I heard of it being employed. I say trick - it is totally within the rules.

Planet gets incs. Galaxy donate resources. Planet builds defence. Attacker knows nada.

Bye bye entire fleet.

Thoughts? Is this good or bad? Some would argue less predictability is good, but probably not for the FCrew member lacking his corvettes.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 19:51   #2
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: An element of the game beyond calculation

I think Kila used it as a dirty trick and should suffer severe punishment.

Edit: I really can't see anything wrong with the tactic as long as the game allows it.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 20:12   #3
rain

rain can only hope to improve

It's beautiful. It's called team work. And smartness in the same time. One of the few unknowns in PA, would be a shame to kill it.
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 20:42   #4
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be possible to catch this by news scanning the MoD. Apparently people complained about that and PAteam changed it without realizing or caring about this consequences
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 21:41   #5
rain

rain can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
It used to be possible to catch this by news scanning the MoD. Apparently people complained about that and PAteam changed it without realizing or caring about this consequences
if prod priority as 1st, news scan wont make it against ziks
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 00:00   #6
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
This trick had occured to me once before, today I heard of it being employed. I say trick - it is totally within the rules.

Planet gets incs. Galaxy donate resources. Planet builds defence. Attacker knows nada.

Bye bye entire fleet.

Thoughts? Is this good or bad? Some would argue less predictability is good, but probably not for the FCrew member lacking his corvettes.
Hey, the Fcrew member landed 3 ticks after my cutlass were prodded, it was some poor vision dude who landed on it.

Ah well, I can't say I feel sorry for them, I had 8 waves and was left with 140 roids, despite capping 150 :/
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 00:13   #7
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, just gotta think about it havent you

PS it bores me when people say to much is calcable in this gal then complain about anything thats remotely a risk. Personally last few weeks ive had far more fun just risking on def being fake and usuallly it is.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 01:02   #8
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it's a tactic that comes with the word 'ole' everytime it's successful.
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 13:50   #9
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold

Well, since galfunds can only be donated to below half the value and score u can be sure this won't happen with certain planets.

Problem could be solved by putting a 1 tick delay in galfund. The donation would show up as a value increase then.

If I remeber correctly:
r1 LBF =LOST's Buccaneers Flotilla
r2&3 LBF (Information Officer)
r15 HA =Hidden Agenda
r16&17 HA (BC)
r18-23 HA (HC)
Currently on Hiatus
Spectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 10:53   #10
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator1
Well, since galfunds can only be donated to below half the value and score u can be sure this won't happen with certain planets.

Problem could be solved by putting a 1 tick delay in galfund. The donation would show up as a value increase then.
I dont dissagree with your comments,

however as it is only the smaller ranked planets in a galaxy that can actually receive donations the value increase would probably not be noticed by the attackers, as usually the smaller guys get attaccked by smaller un-allied planets/nubjes/lamers etc... so all they do is get a JGP before they land (if they even bother with that) and hope for the best.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote