User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:35   #51
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: When does game end then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
The only player I can think of with enough resources to really be considered in the above resource/value point would go up about 800k Score, three places.
Maybe so, but if you are currently 101st with enough saved res to put you with a t100 finish, you would be very pissed off if you didnt get chance to spend it.

Depending on when the code is fixed, jesters idea could well be the best one, and it cant be too hard to do, changing 1 number in the code and running 1 tick.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:35   #52
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
What PAteam could do is change the way value is calculated so that it's worth the same as if it'd been spent on ships, and then run the value ticker (or full ticker, I don't really care, but someone will inevitably lose/gain either way).
That solution would be fine aswell. And I agree that XP players suffer aswell if the round ends now because they'd miss out on 1 or 2 landings. But those landing are a probability, not a certainty. Spending resources is a certainty (unless the player forgets it heh).

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:42   #53
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
But those landing are a probability, not a certainty. Spending resources is a certainty (unless the player forgets it heh).
Seeing as it's PA, anything can get in the way. It's (much) more certain, but still not a sure thing.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:47   #54
WeaponX
Legends live forever

WeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to behold

this thread is still waiting for a reply by an official
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:50   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX
this thread is still waiting for a reply by an official
I imagine seeing as they haven't fixed the code and might well not have an eta for it that they're not sure themselves what the best option is at this point in time.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:58   #56
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Seeing as it's PA, anything can get in the way. It's (much) more certain, but still not a sure thing.
True, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:33   #57
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Seems like a matter to vote on.
Generally it seems the majority want at LEAST the ticks that we would have had anyway. The point was brought up of people thinking round was over and had plans for the weekend etc. I guess thats valid. 2 more days really isn't that bad.

KJ: I think that stopping the game now would be fair imho. That doesn't make me a cheat.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:38   #58
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Maybe so, but if you are currently 101st with enough saved res to put you with a t100 finish, you would be very pissed off if you didnt get chance to spend it.

Depending on when the code is fixed, jesters idea could well be the best one, and it cant be too hard to do, changing 1 number in the code and running 1 tick.
I'd ask you to consider that the score +/-s of one extra round of attacks would render that insignificant (this round more than any other).
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:41   #59
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Generally it seems the majority want at LEAST the ticks that we would have had anyway. The point was brought up of people thinking round was over and had plans for the weekend etc. I guess thats valid. 2 more days really isn't that bad.
- and I want my three days of attacks back from previous downtime.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:44   #60
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
I'd ask you to consider that the score +/-s of one extra round of attacks would render that insignificant (this round more than any other).
That depends, the score gain opportunities for attacks is just as possible for value players as it is XP players. It's easier to land on the last day than it is for most of the round. This imaginary dude in 101st with nice value could land on, say, 15:1:3 and take a huge amount of score, more so than XP players could.

The point stands, people have kept res saved to boost them at the end of the round, and it will affect someones t100 finish if you don't let them spend it. It has to be allowed, in the interests of fairness.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:55   #61
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
KJ: I think that stopping the game now would be fair imho. That doesn't make me a cheat.
Would it fair? No. What about the planets having 100 mill resources stacked?
It doesn't make you a cheater, but it makes you have the same moral as a cheater.

Cheating = no fair play. In this case, willingly screwing over some planets (which is the case if they don't give us a few more ticks or if they don't do as jester proposed) is also no fair play.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:56   #62
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Explain to me how anyone out of the top 100 can roid that planet with just the home fleet (and 300 million?+ resources) there. \o/

I think they should be rewarded for saving resources sure, 13+ Ticks (max prod time) before 9pm Friday / Jester's suggestion, I'm just pointing out how little bearing that'll actually have on the t100 ranks. it'd be a much more relevant point if this were R15.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:59   #63
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Just one more day to do some lemming runs then end :P
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:00   #64
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

333k Score gained in KJ's example.

To put that into context, for 3-4 t100 players that was little more than the "unfair" gains they got when 12 ticks of resources were handed out after the last restart.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:02   #65
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We're not just talking about one planet either.

To all the people in the value alliances this round who griped about the efforts of their HCs/BCs compared to the 'lazy' approach of the XP whores - now take the time to consider the efforts that have gone into the struggle for third. I'm sorry that I keep going on about it, but anyone who has been a HC will understand how much this means. One XP landing may not change it, but the alliance that has the best gains on the last days of the round will win the battle for 3rd.

I really can't express much more clearly how important it is that we allow the 300+ players involved in the fight for 3rd place to complete the round as intended.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:05   #66
The_Fish
ND

It doesn't matter if it has 'little' effect on the t100. If it means 1 person misses out on t100 because he couldnt spend his saved res, that is not right. You are just being intentionally awkward.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:18   #67
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

I'm not in the T100 and I'd like to spend my resources to boost my position. It may not mean much to people whether I finish 324 or 289 (which is what I worked it out as), but it'll mean something to me.

I don't particularly care what the T100 do and no doubt other players are also hoarding resources, but to end now would be such an anti climax and I will be bitching to everyone that will listen (ie no one) that I could have finished T300.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:32   #68
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

The situation is inherently unfair, nothing really fixes it, especially if it can't be fixed until mid-friday. That'll be the main determinant I guess, when it's fixed.

It'd be somewhat interesting to hear from SubH/f-crew/angels on the 3rd place matter, though, I think anyone going for third place would've "planned" to be 3rd place by Wednesday midnight, so a "photo-finish" wouldn't be completely unjust. I mean, unless the Vgn/SubH/Angels all planned to sit below third place until the day before the round ended and then take it at the very very end of Round 16...
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:47   #69
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The situation is inherently unfair, nothing really fixes it, especially if it can't be fixed until mid-friday. That'll be the main determinant I guess, when it's fixed.
True, true, any solution won't please everybody. But I basically agree with pig's original idea, especially on not giving more res out. Maybe end the game saturday eveninginstead of sunday evening, though.

Midranked allies, not just those fighting for #3, probably want some extra time. For one, HA (which I'm in. we want to pass Howling Rain...)
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:59   #70
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

lets wrap the round up.. everyone posted before how bored they are with Ascendancy ruining round etc (bla bla bla) yet now youve had the game killed 2 days early you are all suddenly eager to play????

come on guys fs :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 14:09   #71
sxsniper

sxsniper is an unknown quantity at this point

"Consistency is key imho.

Fleetrecall, ticker starting again, maybe some resources hand out.

I feel its important to keep the reactions to game downtime the same each time the game is down.

Before next round I actually think that the PA team should put together a "standard" server downtime reaction and have this constant. To many variants of how to react on server downtime makes the game alot more unpredictable when about the rules and the actions of the admins."

Spot on
sxsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 14:11   #72
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
333k Score gained in KJ's example.

To put that into context, for 3-4 t100 players that was little more than the "unfair" gains they got when 12 ticks of resources were handed out after the last restart.
Heh, so value planets should now be punished because PA-Team screwed up earlier when they gave out resources? you reckon this compensation is fair then?

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 14:28   #73
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

It'd be somewhat interesting to hear from SubH/f-crew/angels on the 3rd place matter, though, I think anyone going for third place would've "planned" to be 3rd place by Wednesday midnight, so a "photo-finish" wouldn't be completely unjust. I mean, unless the Vgn/SubH/Angels all planned to sit below third place until the day before the round ended and then take it at the very very end of Round 16...
bwtmc, you know me well enough. Angels (or atleast I) doesn't give a fk about ending 7th or 3rd because it will not make the difference between a succesful round and a disaster.

I just know that several Angel planets have alot of saved up resources for several reasons (obviously) and one of those is to do a final jump in the ranks. I assume for these players it does matter and it does mean something.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 14:30   #74
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
lets wrap the round up.. everyone posted before how bored they are with Ascendancy ruining round etc (bla bla bla) yet now youve had the game killed 2 days early you are all suddenly eager to play????

come on guys fs :P
Maybe try and see who complained back then and who wants to have the ticks going for the missing days and then don't make a half arsed generalisation.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 14:40   #75
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

While I can see that people don't want to be playing PA at the weekend, I personally would like an extra 48 hours bolted on.

That's for entirely selfish reasons though, and probably isn't rational reasoning.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 14:44   #76
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
While I can see that people don't want to be playing PA at the weekend, I personally would like an extra 48 hours bolted on.

That's for entirely selfish reasons though, and probably isn't rational reasoning.
You'll be top ten to me teekay <3
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:01   #77
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

just give us at least 10 ticks so i can get rid of my shippies

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:22   #78
JonnyBGood
Banned

Never mind all you damn people who want to get into the top 100, dunkelgraf wants out of it!
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:37   #79
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

No way playing during the whole weekend, that just screws things up.

We need 13-24 ticks more in my opinion, which should make the round end either friday night and saturday evening.
It is also extremely important that the people with saved up resources gets to spend them, if not its just really really wrong and unfair imo.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:43   #80
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'd prefer the game to be run untill sunday, not that i have a chance of getting in t100 or anything, i'd just like another weekend of pa

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 16:26   #81
The_Fish
ND

We have our answer. It's the best of a bunch of bad options I guess.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 16:33   #82
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Sucks for me, my fleets have all ticked down once and my targets now have 9 hours to get defense
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 16:38   #83
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You'll be top ten to me teekay <3
I'm-very-sure-I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-aboot!

Incidentally, I have eta 5 incs on me at the moment.

I bet I still won't bother getting round to asking my galmates for defence*, even 9 hours from now ;(

*more like they hate me and won't send me any
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 16:39   #84
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I really can't go into details. However, it's sensible in this sort of situation to make plans for finishing as high as possible.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 16:40   #85
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

I have to question tho why the ticker was actually stopped.
because of a bug that was in there for at least since round 10 (see the news).
So why decide then shortly before the round ends that this bug needs to be fixed before round has ended??? It has been there for some time already, and this 2 days wouldnt have made any difference i guess (i mean is there a huge difference if i run a game with a bug for 1.5years or 1.5years + 2 days???)
Noone bothered this before. I think max. a dozen ppl knew about it. ofc it was a security bug, but why then rush through fixing it now, let everyone know there was a security bug and not just wait 2 days, only those who abused this bug already know about it (so not the majority of the players i guess) and then have time to fix it after the final tick? I do think this would have been the better way to deal with it after all the previous downtime. Everyone would have been happy with it.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 17:07   #86
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbeule
I have to question tho why the ticker was actually stopped.
because of a bug that was in there for at least since round 10 (see the news).
So why decide then shortly before the round ends that this bug needs to be fixed before round has ended??? It has been there for some time already, and this 2 days wouldnt have made any difference i guess (i mean is there a huge difference if i run a game with a bug for 1.5years or 1.5years + 2 days???)
Noone bothered this before. I think max. a dozen ppl knew about it. ofc it was a security bug, but why then rush through fixing it now, let everyone know there was a security bug and not just wait 2 days, only those who abused this bug already know about it (so not the majority of the players i guess) and then have time to fix it after the final tick? I do think this would have been the better way to deal with it after all the previous downtime. Everyone would have been happy with it.
Why?

Because if PA-Team is gonna start acting like this then why should any PA player ever trust the team again? They'll lie to the customers, witholding information and generally manipulating the customer aka us.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 17:54   #87
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry kj, but i have to agree with frostbeule. If the same bug/error has been in the game since r10, what more harm can it do to let the last 2 days run as planned and fix the bug for next round? If it's been in the game for 6 rounds, then 2 days isn't going to make that big of a difference. Esp the last 2 days of the round :-|

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 17:59   #88
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I'm sorry kj, but i have to agree with frostbeule. If the same bug/error has been in the game since r10, what more harm can it do to let the last 2 days run as planned and fix the bug for next round? If it's been in the game for 6 rounds, then 2 days isn't going to make that big of a difference. Esp the last 2 days of the round :-|
It depends what the bug is, and who knows about it.

If it involved being able to manipulate the database and people knew who could benefit, it had to be taken down.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 18:18   #89
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

why not have the game start on monday evening again and stop at wednesday 21:00?

so we have the two missing days and nights back, PA crew has time enough to fix the bug and everyone who planned a weekend without PA neednt change their plans as well...
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 18:29   #90
Tomkat

I'm quite glad it finishes on Saturday now (aside from rank/attack reasons etc).

I'm out tomorrow night and so wouldn't have been able to see the ceremony etc.

JBG's speech will hopefully be more entertaining than the usual "i'd like to thank xxx lol hes gay but i love him lol and xxx thanks guys you rock!". If anyone else wins, they should just let him do the speech as they're most likely going to be foreign and have nothing worth saying that's remotely interesting*.

*not that foreigners have nothing interesting to say, it's just that their "speeches" are often just a list of people they want to thank
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 18:47   #91
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'm out tomorrow night and so wouldn't have been able to see the ceremony etc.
Me too, saturday is a good day to end it

(You horny teacher )