User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Mar 2006, 12:52   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
(Auto) Exile

Last round (and trivially, this round) free planets were auto exiled for not logging in for a certain period of time.
This round, we extended that to all planets, to help deal with the inactives that would sign up and not play.

However, what happens next round? Do we go back to exiling just free planets, or have some sort of modified form introduced for paid planets (both in and out of buddy packs).

Something like a paid planet getting exiled after not logging in for 7 days, and a free planet for 3 days?

I know some people have found it annoying this round to have their galaxymate disappear because he forgot to put vacation mode on, but hopefully a longer period of time would mean those less actives would be removed and "innocent" players would not.

The whole idea is to remove those players automatically who are not playing, to save the galaxy from exiling them. Is this a better solution? or would it be better to completely ditch it and just go for something like cheaper galaxy exile?
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 12:56   #2
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: (Auto) Exile

I haven't given this matter any thought until about 10 seconds ago, but surely the best solution is to remove auto-exile, but make it free for the galaxy to exile planets which have been inactive for 7 days. They could then decide for themselves whether to exile the planet.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 12:59   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

We could mess with the galaxy exile formula so it's related to score and last logged in time?
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:08   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

No need to mess much, like Rob says, make it free after a certain amount of time, a week sounds good.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:23   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Rob's idea sounds like a plan.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:45   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

My idea is close to what Rob's is. A galaxy should in my opinion be able to flag planets for autoexile. Unflagged planets won't be autoexiled (after 72 ticks), but flagged planets will disappear. This gives smaller galaxies a way to get rid of inactives without needing to pay loads, whereas larger galaxies can pay to exile after 24 ticks. Obviously the default would be unflagged.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 15:58   #7
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I like banned's idea assuming it is simple to code. Otherwise Rob's idea is also an acceptable solution in my opinion.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:15   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
I like banned's idea assuming it is simple to code. Otherwise Rob's idea is also an acceptable solution in my opinion.
I'd have thought its fairly trivial, and I like it as well.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 18:14   #9
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Banned's idea ftw!

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote