User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:05   #1
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy what could be worse

the other day is was talking to a chap and i asked what would suck the most
A. you die and thats it, end of a chemical reaction, like a fire, and its done.
B. you die and go to hell (no other possibility).

he said, well, as nothing lasts forever id rather go to satan, soh that someday someting will happen, eg. a war between god and the devil or something, or a general anisty from god and everyone would be released, as it would be impossible to spend eternity in one place...

but them i reasoned
well, if nothing lasts forever, how would your soul live thru it?
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:06   #2
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
ummm...the idea of "hell" is that there already IS a war going on and that Satan will lose etc, so that point is ultimately rather stupid.

PS. Oblivion is rather preferable to eternal torture.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:09   #3
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I'd sell my soul to satan for good working conditions.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:10   #4
Muslim
Banned

the sad thing is that everything points out to the A possibility....
think about this:
the indians, in a strike of luck, develop powder, and then the chinese arrive in south america and they trade knowledge, and now the indians can make huge boats. considering that the ancient cities in america where bigger and older than the european ones, they couldve just invaded europe and conquered them. And now everyone would be worshiping the ancestors, and what not. Like Tupan or something in this order...

the existence of hell is just a historical conjuncture
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:12   #5
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
ummm...the idea of "hell" is that there already IS a war going on and that Satan will lose etc, so that point is ultimately rather stupid.

the point is that there is no eternal torture, for nothing lasts forever

see?

at least if you are "alive" after you are dead, you will live "forever" but there is no forever, so, you got the point
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:13   #6
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
the point is that there is no eternal torture, for nothing lasts forever
how do you know?
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:15   #7
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
how do you know?
becouse nothing lasted forever until now

hell, even the universe is about to collapse (like in a bunch of billion yers, but it is)
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:16   #8
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
how do you know?
Everybody knows for sure that heaven excists, geezz!!@
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:17   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
your logic is impeccable
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:18   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What would be worse than either, would be if my Great great great great great grandson Jerk Jnr. Fergusson turned off my cryogenic freezer, dumped me out of it and filled it with "Bud Future - and you thought American beer couldnt get any worse" (TM).

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:26   #11
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll tell you what... I was reading an article about one French dude. And weall know that the French are a little ****ed in the head, but this is ridiculous. A French fisherman was casting his line in the River Yvette this week when he reeled in a bag which, to his surprise contained two-and-a-half pounds of cannibis resin. Then he spotted another bag and fished it out of the water. Then another. Then another! By the end of the day, this lucky little froggy had collected 30 ****ing bags of high grade cannabis resin from that generous wonderful river. The **** wasn't even stepped on! And do you know what he did with his find, mr Muslim? He ****in' put it in his little Renault "half-a-car" or whatever glorified Euro-toy it is he drives and he brings it to the nearest police station. ****ing idiot! Why doesn't this **** ever happen to me, goddamnit?! Because there is no God or Devil, therefore there is no hell or heaven. Capisco?
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:34   #12
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by the dying puppy
I'll tell you what... I was reading an article about one French dude. And weall know that the French are a little ****ed in the head, but this is ridiculous. A French fisherman was casting his line in the River Yvette this week when he reeled in a bag which, to his surprise contained two-and-a-half pounds of cannibis resin. Then he spotted another bag and fished it out of the water. Then another. Then another! By the end of the day, this lucky little froggy had collected 30 ****ing bags of high grade cannabis resin from that generous wonderful river. The **** wasn't even stepped on! And do you know what he did with his find, mr Muslim? He ****in' put it in his little Renault "half-a-car" or whatever glorified Euro-toy it is he drives and he brings it to the nearest police station. ****ing idiot! Why doesn't this **** ever happen to me, goddamnit?! Because there is no God or Devil, therefore there is no hell or heaven. Capisco?
first post that made me laugh out loud in the last month or so
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:12   #13
BarbieKen

How can hell be eternal torture?

Satan invented all the good's of life, like:
  • Alcohol
  • Drugs
  • Sex
  • Rock n' Roll

And considering how many of the seven deadly sins I've broken;

SATAN, HERE I COME
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:19   #14
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Option A would be better for no other reason than I'm petty enough to want to be right even in death.

Last edited by Nicole; 17 Jun 2003 at 10:53.
Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 10:48   #15
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
hell is just something invented by the pope in the middle ages to scare the poor people
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 10:55   #16
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

hell, even the universe is about to collapse (like in a bunch of billion yers, but it is)
that is because we exist in a universe that appears to be finite in one direction.

incidentally, current results show that the universe will continue to expand without stopping.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 18:37   #17
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
that is because we exist in a universe that appears to be finite in one direction.

incidentally, current results show that the universe will continue to expand without stopping.
have you ever thought that the whole thing will collapse under the hooj gravital force of the black matter to one tiny tiny tiny spot with so much mass and energy that we cant even imagine? and that later this thing explodes and BANG! here we go again?

thinking that this is the way things goes its much better than thinking it will just fade away

see
the universe will end when all the "burning" matter is consumed and the average temp hits 0k
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 08:46   #18
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
have you ever thought that the whole thing will collapse under the hooj gravital force of the black matter to one tiny tiny tiny spot with so much mass and energy that we cant even imagine? and that later this thing explodes and BANG! here we go again?

thinking that this is the way things goes its much better than thinking it will just fade away

see
the universe will end when all the "burning" matter is consumed and the average temp hits 0k
Quote:
and the average temperature will never and can never be 0k. even local temperatures can't.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 19:11   #19
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
and the average temperature will never and can never be 0k. even local temperatures can't.
considering that the space will get "bigger" and the energy that movements the molecules will be used to fill that void ????? someday it will stop, anyways....at least it will tend to 0
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 20:16   #20
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
about that whole universe thing ive always wondered this as my 'science in simple terms' books go on about the space between things expanding and not the objects themselves moving apart, and they give the example of spots on a balloon moving apart as it is inflated, so is the universe like in a 'definted' space, ie if i set off in one direction will i arrive at the same point but from the opposite side if i travel long enough, like on the surface of the earth?? or is there an actual 'barrier' ie travel far enough and you reach the end?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:39   #21
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: what could be worse

Quote:

he said, well, as nothing lasts forever id rather go to satan, soh that someday someting will happen, eg. a war between god and the devil or something, or a general anisty from god and everyone would be released, as it would be impossible to spend eternity in one place...

but them i reasoned
If anything exists for ever, I want to be it.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:40   #22
W
Gubbish

Quote:
considering that the space will get "bigger" and the energy that movements the molecules will be used to fill that void ????? someday it will stop, anyways....at least it will tend to 0
  1. You don't know **** about cosmology
  2. Cosmology in this sense is part of science
  3. Science is always wrong
  4. You're an ignorant moron who haven't offered five minutes of your time to thinking about anything deep at all.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:42   #23
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Re: what could be worse

Quote:

but them i reasoned
A) you will be dead, the fact you are dead wont bother you
B) there is no such place
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:43   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Actually, the war is ongoing, and will be decided on the day of reckoning, before which the pure will arise into heaven ('The Rapture'). The apocalypse is nigh.

Quote:
Originally posted by W
Science is always wrong
There's a difference between being wrong and impossible to prove correct.

Empirically there's not of course, but that should go in the irony thread.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:45   #25
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
The word "Empirical" has been used in 25 topics up until this point
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:45   #26
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
There's a difference between being wrong and impossible to prove correct.
I know...
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:56   #27
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm going to Chorley to die.

True story.