User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jul 2003, 15:36   #51
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by BarbieKen
I'll name a friend of mine.
(,')
He hasn't botherd signing up again as he wasn't using his accout, but he was deleted without warning and didn't understand why it had happend.
all unused accounts were deleted when the boards moved.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 16:05   #52
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
all unused accounts were deleted when the boards moved.
It was not during the board move. It was because he was a friend of mine. Absurd.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 16:45   #53
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Can't comment about what happened here, but a hugely surprising amount of people who are banned for perfectlygood reasons take a disproportionate amount of offence at being banned, on no basis whatsoever, and then try and come up with the most bizzare excuses as to why they should not have been banned.

I don't want to bring this down to a fairly vulgar rabble-rousing level, but if you do post tosh, then you will end up getting chucked sooner or later. The rules are there to guide you and the mods, but moaning about being banned for something because it wasn't explicit under the rules but was obviously pointless and disruptive just astonishes me. People need to grow up.

Having said that, the mods shouldn't just go wild and arbitrary. But I've rarely seen mods act in a way that, at the heart of the matter was unfair.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 16:47   #54
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by inf
Karmulian claimed to be a spammer, hence getting banned when these forums were first used. On a separate occasion he explained the reason why no one could remember him during the ‘early days’, was that he was an inactive forums member.
Not that I want to slur Karmulian, but perhaps he was just an instantly forgettable gimmick account/low profile 'bad boy'?

The two statements aren't mutually exclusive, if you think about it. At least, not in the manner you described them.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 29 Jul 2003 at 16:54.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 16:48   #55
BarbieKen

In such case I would like the mods to present evidence, other than him beeing my friend, as grounds to a ban. It's fair that when I respond to JbG's dare, he responds to mine..
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 17:45   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I'll name a friend of mine.
(,')
He hasn't botherd signing up again as he wasn't using his accout, but he was deleted without warning and didn't understand why it had happend.

I'd say it was during one of the various forum purges we had. Unfortunately not being able to access admin tools etc I cannot provide conclusive evidence one way or the other. I'm unsure how you know he was deleted for being a friend of yours. Did he receive a pm from karm going "HAHA OWNED!"? It's far more likely it was due to one of the forum purges, as you say "he wasn't using his accout".
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 17:55   #57
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
can someone sume up and tell me what happened?
I just want to know the "things not to do".
Thank you very much, nice people.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 17:57   #58
the dying puppy
Banned

Quote:
In such case I would like the mods to present evidence, other than him beeing my friend, as grounds to a ban. It's fair that when I respond to JbG's dare, he responds to mine..
I can pm you list of all my 10-15 accounts that basicaly got "DELETED" due to "no use"
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:02   #59
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I'd say it was during one of the various forum purges we had. Unfortunately not being able to access admin tools etc I cannot provide conclusive evidence one way or the other. I'm unsure how you know he was deleted for being a friend of yours. Did he receive a pm from karm going "HAHA OWNED!"? It's far more likely it was due to one of the forum purges, as you say "he wasn't using his accout".
He was quite activly reading the forums, and suddenly he could read it no more. If he was a purged user, he would probably have been able to resignup with that username, no?
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:06   #60
the dying puppy
Banned

Quote:
I used too liked you, and I thought you wre funny, now, you just plain stupid so is your "friend"!
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:10   #61
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
He was quite activly reading the forums, and suddenly he could read it no more. If he was a purged user, he would probably have been able to resignup with that username, no?
You have to make a post every so often, not just read.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:15   #62
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Ah ok. I'd say he was one of the multitude of users who have had problems recently. Get him to contact an admin in that case.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 18:32   #63
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by the dying puppy
I used too liked you, and I thought you wre funny, now, you just plain stupid so is your "friend"!
I aim to be disliked. Mission accomplished.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 20:57   #64
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I aim to be disliked. Mission accomplished.
If I tried to be disliked (HI EVERYONE!), I'd prefer not to be disliked in a 'oh here's that idiot' kind of way.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 21:03   #65
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
If I tried to be disliked (HI EVERYONE!), I'd prefer not to be disliked in a 'oh here's that idiot' kind of way.
yawhe of course being the model for "way i'd want to be disliked if i wanted my online space warfare game discussion forum persona to be disliked"
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 21:14   #66
Karmulian

Quote:

The purges are based on a number of things

users with 0 post counts not signed up in the last 3 months (this is possible as we could also have purged his only posts)

users awaiting moderation/email confirmation within the last 3 months

users not posting within the last 6 months
user not accessing the forums within last 3 months

and.. if we purged.. there is a table that retains the usernames (so that any posts made don't show up as "guest" or "unknown")
its entirely possible he is still in that list

if you cared to actually tell us his name.. I could tell you

but 3 facts..
1 i never BAN anyone without sending a pm/email aswell
2 a don't delete anyones account that doesn't fall in a purge
3 I most cretainly (neither do the other admins) delete/ban accounts because they are "your friend" .. how precisely do you think we would know!

suggest if you want this resolved you pm me the username of his account
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 21:17   #67
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
but 3 facts..
1 i never BAN anyone without sending a pm/email aswell
What about my Sub account?
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 21:30   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian

(,')

That's actually the account name I believe.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 21:33   #69
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
(,')

That's actually the account name I believe.
No, that's his real name. The account name is Rodney Thomas.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 22:53   #70
Oingy Boingy

Oingy Boingy is an unknown quantity at this point
Oingy Boingy
Oingy Boingy is offline   Reply With Quote