User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Apr 2014, 09:38   #51
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Re: Wish Wash, Scary Monsters...

i want it too. and that song about nodrog plz. :]
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2014, 00:39   #52
cubass2
Still ace

cubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Wish Wash, Scary Monsters...

Hello,

Here's how that piece of music, Insomniac Academy' came about.

I decided that I was going to make a tune using members of this forum so I asked on here if anyone fancied getting involved and received 3 replies, one from JBoy, another from Mer and another from Sky. I emailed them each a paragraph of text that I wrote there and then, as I was emailing them, apart from the middle one that Mer read, I stole that from a poetry blog that I've never been able to find since to credit or thank.

All three of them recorded what I'd sent and mailed me an mp3 of it pretty quickly. While I was waiting I prepared a looped backing track to jam over based around a sample I nicked from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in the song 'Cheer up Charlie' - it starts at about 4 seconds and ends at about 9 seconds in this clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCyLNfnHst8

Then I spent a little time blending the voice recordings over the looped beat and added a couple of tracks of live synths over the top to keep the loop from getting too monotonous. The whole thing was done in about 3 hours, maybe a little longer.

That guy Nodrog featured in another tune of mine where I did an impression of him supposedly breaking down while visiting my recording studio, it was called The Ballad of Gordon Ross.

I don't have copies of either track but I did hear them not too long ago and they made me smile, this community was really fun during my time here and I'm glad to see it's still going.
cubass2 is offline   Reply With Quote