User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:00   #1
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Congratulations Ascendancy

A well played round, a well deserved round win.

You were by FAR the best alliance this round and have had a rough round from the start and up till now, and always managed to get out on top.

I take my hat off, and hope that next round someone can manage to stop a 4th in a row. I tried but certainly failed miserably

I ll make a longer post at some other stage where I ll share some fun logs from ally chans, and explain why things ended as they did! For now I ll just give you all the credit u guys deserve. You won the game in all aspects. Your def this round has been nothing short of impressive.

Well done JBG

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:07   #2
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future
Re: Congratulations Ascendancy

I ain't heard no fat lady.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:12   #3
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

We haven't won until there's a 25mil lead on #2.
With ND's hidden prod (yes, their players hide prod in wartime ) we're under 10mil ahead!

But well played to Omen. Took guts to hit Asc from the start and keep fighting all round. Easily the second best alliance this round.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:12   #4
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Are Asc not 23 million in score ahead right now?

Congrats Asc - impressive defence this round.

Edit - in response to the poster before Kila
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:32   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I appreciate the sentiment and thank you for the flattering words Wishmaster, but it's not over until it's over.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 19:25   #6
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

I aint gonna be so nice.

You are ruining the game - too many good players I one place.

3 on the run has nearly been 5. AND i'm sure u'll win the next one too.

alliance limits should be seriously cut if this game is to survive
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 19:32   #7
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 19:36   #8
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
I aint gonna be so nice.

Platini plays planetarion!

Seriously though how do you think "seriously cutting" alliance limits will cure anything? As people have stated over and over the players who want to play together will find a way, be that through having multiple tags or another way it will happen.

I'm not against a change but i doubt your suggestion will do much.

On topic, i too think it's a smidge early to decide the winner but if things stay as they are well done asc, from what i have observed you more than deserve it!
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 19:37   #9
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

lol ruining the game...
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 19:48   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

asc are far from ruining the game. And in time someone ( someone better than me ) will come along and beat them. Its the nature of all things. Lets not enforce stupid limidts just because they are the best atm.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 19:52   #11
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I aint gonna be so nice.

If you think that one alliance dominating like this is bad for the game, do something about it instead of crying. When fury and legion were dominating, people were there to stop them, when 1up dominated, eXi came along and stopped them. It's not our fault that CT were too idiotic to help Omen keep Asc down early. It was entirely possible.

It's not Ascendancy's fault that it's a more attractive alliance than others. Maybe the other alliances should think hard about why people choose Asc over them (hint: RIGID HEIRARCHY WITH RETARDED RULES AND SECRECY IS INCREDIBLY SHIT).

I know Ascendancy have people downplaying their chances every round but I doubt many people are going to bother next round. 3 in a row is pretty draining, and from what I can tell a lot of the players have only played the way they have this round because it was supposed to be the last round and being the first alliance to ever win 3 in a row on the last round ever sounded pretty epic.
If I have a planet next round I highly doubt I'll be putting as much effort in as this round, I simply can't be bothered.

I expect everyone to bash Ascendancy from the start next round
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 20:04   #12
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
If you think that one alliance dominating like this is bad for the game, do something about it instead of crying. When fury and legion were dominating, people were there to stop them, when 1up dominated, eXi came along and stopped them. It's not our fault that CT were too idiotic to help Omen keep Asc down early. It was entirely possible.

It's not Ascendancy's fault that it's a more attractive alliance than others. Maybe the other alliances should think hard about why people choose Asc over them (hint: RIGID HEIRARCHY WITH RETARDED RULES AND SECRECY IS INCREDIBLY SHIT).
Thats the main point, yes it takes 2 (or 3) alliances to stop Asc at the moment but lets just say if CT did help Omen bash Asc early on which put Asc out of the round. What would happen next round? Would Asc be able to hold onto all its good players or would some of those players start to think 'i want to win and in Asc were just going to get bashed again'. All it takes to ruin an alliances dominance is to give them one (or more) rounds of bashing, to stop them from being percieved as the best alliance (and the alliance you go to if you want to win).

but as it stands, Asc has won again.. the good players they already have will want to stay and its made the good players in other alliances more likely to try and join Asc.

Quote:
I expect everyone to bash Ascendancy from the start next round
everyone expected that this round with Omen (arguably the 2nd best alliance coming into the round) declaring war pre-round. Next round may simply turn out the same as this round, other alliances wanting to nap Asc to save themselves from hostiles.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 20:37   #13
Wishmaster
LDK

I actually have faith in the natural progress of this and all games. Eventually some other alliance will come and beat asc.

#1 reason why alliances looses is because they think they will loose.

conc dominiated - legion / fury dominated - 1up dominated - eXi dominated ( exi still being undefeated though, asc aint undefeated they are just on a winning stream )

Quote:
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 20:47   #14
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Thats the main point, yes it takes 2 (or 3) alliances to stop Asc at the moment but lets just say if CT did help Omen bash Asc early on which put Asc out of the round. What would happen next round? Would Asc be able to hold onto all its good players or would some of those players start to think 'i want to win and in Asc were just going to get bashed again'.
Actually we have a constant turn-over of people. There are lots of people in Omen this round that were Asc last round. And I think the main reason why people like being in Ascendancy simply is the way we work. There's no def leeching because we don't do secrecy. Everyone can fully use our arbiter. Everyone can go and set up attacks. Since everybody can do these things we run brutally efficient, since arguments about what we should do next come always down to some sort of number crunching the PA mechanics, sketching up how different scenarios work out and then take the most promising action. And since we constantly argue with regards to game mechanics over the course of a whole round and how our score would develop from taking certain actions it is rarely that we do something totally stupid.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 21:16   #15
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
I appreciate the sentiment and thank you for the flattering words Wishmaster, but it's not over until it's over.
/second
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 21:39   #16
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Actually we have a constant turn-over of people. There are lots of people in Omen this round that were Asc last round. And I think the main reason why people like being in Ascendancy simply is the way we work. There's no def leeching because we don't do secrecy. Everyone can fully use our arbiter. Everyone can go and set up attacks. Since everybody can do these things we run brutally efficient, since arguments about what we should do next come always down to some sort of number crunching the PA mechanics, sketching up how different scenarios work out and then take the most promising action. And since we constantly argue with regards to game mechanics over the course of a whole round and how our score would develop from taking certain actions it is rarely that we do something totally stupid.
Actually, I think it is just because JBG doesn't let people crash!

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:49   #17
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I aint gonna be so nice.

Really? I'd rather think the level of the game this round is higher than it's been for many rounds. This is definitely the round I've enjoyed most since round 19 (though I only played 3 or so in between there outside scanning).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:59   #18
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
we got a few of those players from other alliances that either kicked them or they were not happy and left mid round. i would still hardly argue that we have a majority of the good players though. there a few really good people that help babysit the not so good ones, and that helps immensely.

edit: oh gosh i made a post on AD. someone shoot me
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 23:00   #19
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I actually have faith in the natural progress of this and all games. Eventually some other alliance will come and beat asc.

#1 Reason why alliances fall apart is because they get bored of winning.

Conc dominiated - legion / fury dominated - 1up dominated - eXi dominated ( exi still being undefeated though, asc aint undefeated they are just on a winning Streak :-p )

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 23:06   #20
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Thank you.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 00:10   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I take all responsibility for Ascendancy winning this round.

However, if it goes down the drain, I had nothing to do with it.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 00:30   #22
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

People should probably look at why Asc succeed round after round, rather than just say "they have all the good players".

They (we) are definitely beatable, it just comes down to the simple fact that no one has put forth the effort required to do so.

You can't just throw a bunch of fleets around and win. This round has pretty well proved that. You have to want it, you have to put in the effort, and you have to try (and play) harder than you think your opponent is.

As Heartless mentioned, the hierarchy of typical alliances is quite obviously (hey look, 3 in a row!) flawed. Figure it out for ****s sake.

I'm the absoulte last son of a bitch that should have to tell you people how to 'win' PA since after almost ten years, I've never won a round and am pretty much shit at it.

I do however, "get it", which is where the rest of you seem to be failing miserably.

/me goes back under a rock

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 01:11   #23
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
People should probably look at why Asc succeed round after round, rather than just say "they have all the good players".

They (we) are definitely beatable, it just comes down to the simple fact that no one has put forth the effort required to do so.

You can't just throw a bunch of fleets around and win. This round has pretty well proved that. You have to want it, you have to put in the effort, and you have to try (and play) harder than you think your opponent is.

As Heartless mentioned, the hierarchy of typical alliances is quite obviously (hey look, 3 in a row!) flawed. Figure it out for ****s sake.

I'm the absoulte last son of a bitch that should have to tell you people how to 'win' PA since after almost ten years, I've never won a round and am pretty much shit at it.

I do however, "get it", which is where the rest of you seem to be failing miserably.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cochese again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 02:44   #24
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar View Post
I take all responsibility for Ascendancy winning this round.

However, if it goes down the drain, I had nothing to do with it.
It was all Linkie's doing. Him and Lady Gaga.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 09:29   #25
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Congrats Asc on the round win. You made the best of the opportunities you had, where given, and created. I fought you as best i could with the tools available.

As for others, i darent address you.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 09:50   #26
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Really? I'd rather think the level of the game this round is higher than it's been for many rounds. This is definitely the round I've enjoyed most since round 19 (though I only played 3 or so in between there outside scanning).
You didn't play r21?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:03   #27
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
A well played round, a well deserved round win.

You were by FAR the best alliance this round and have had a rough round from the start and up till now, and always managed to get out on top.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:07   #28
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Oh btw:

Ascendancy: While we were trying, you were sleeping.

Says it all tbfh.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 13:21   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ascendancy: while you were sleeping, we were getting salvage.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:08   #30
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Thats the correct one Mz
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:10   #31
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Oh btw:

Ascendancy: While we were trying, you were sleeping.

Says it all tbfh.
mz is closer to the truth here. While you guys slept, we sat there frantically calcing defences and ringing everyone available for defships. God knows when JBG and Golan actually manage to sleep.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:10   #32
[JungleMuffin]

Ascendancy: While we were sleeping, we were getting salvage.

:/

Edit: Kila, i do believe u missed the tone of the post.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:15   #33
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post

You cant talk about the lack of hierarchy etc ascendancy HAS become conventional other than their round 16 win the last 3 rounds they have turned against what the alliance was first set up for. The alternative to exi 1up rules and systems and the whole **** pa attitude is long gone imo. For you to say there is no hierarchy in asc is LOL... take a look at any of the joint channels with other alliances and theres always the same 3 or 4 asc in there. They are HC's whether you like to call them that or not, you have a hierarchy. The naps, no defence statuses etc etc all lead to asc just turning in to a skilled conventional alliance. IF they really didnt care crashers wouldn't get kicked right? looking shit wouldnt matter right? but its all a big issue now it seems! Well done tho guys, who knows it might all go complete circle for ya over the next few rounds.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:33   #34
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

As have been said many a time, we care more than most.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:34   #35
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
You cant talk about the lack of hierarchy etc ascendancy HAS become conventional other than their round 16 win the last 3 rounds they have turned against what the alliance was first set up for. The alternative to exi 1up rules and systems and the whole **** pa attitude is long gone imo. For you to say there is no hierarchy in asc is LOL... take a look at any of the joint channels with other alliances and theres always the same 3 or 4 asc in there. They are HC's whether you like to call them that or not, you have a hierarchy. The naps, no defence statuses etc etc all lead to asc just turning in to a skilled conventional alliance. IF they really didnt care crashers wouldn't get kicked right? looking shit wouldnt matter right? but its all a big issue now it seems! Well done tho guys, who knows it might all go complete circle for ya over the next few rounds.
The main difference is, if you want to be involved in all this stuff in asc, you will be. As such everyone has the options to be "hc" or "bc" of "dc", and tbh that works because most people prefer to only do these things 1-2 nights a week, when they feel like it. Conventional alliances will force people to do their "job", we have no such things

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:38   #36
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Cochese didnt say asc didnt care; quite the opposite. Asc definately cares.
Hierarchy is a different matter; anyone can be an asc HC at any point they like, there are people who do HC/DC/BC jobs all the time, JBG/Golan etc but that does not mean there is hierarchy because anyone could on their own initiative stand up and do all the stuff JBG and Golan do without having to be promoted to 'HC' first.
Ergo there is Hierarchy but it is constantly fluid because those leadership roles of HC/DC/BC need to be done by someone they are a natural part of alliances but the job isn't the hierarchy the label is.

Edit: Beaten to it twice
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:41   #37
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
There are people who step up and take responsibility, do politics, raids etc.
The lack of titles such as DC, BC and HC just mean that anyone can step up to do it when they want, and it provides far more efficiency. When there are defcalls, in regular alliances you have just the DCs dealing with them and they're often incredibly secretive in their own channels. We have, literally whoever the **** wants to, stepping up and taking the calls, doing them in #ascendancy and therefore having the input of everyone who is around rather than just "the supah 1337 secret cru" who are in the DC channels.
As for attacks, yes it's usually the same people organising our raids but that tends to be because a. others can't be bothered and b. the people dealing with politics may have specific targets in mind. The shared sense of responsibility and lack of BCs who are expected to sort stuff encourages people to sort their own day raids and launch/recall missions in wartime.
I think this was epitomised when we fought Omen before CT dropped the NAP; we didn't just have "BCs" setting up attacks, we had dozens of people making sure that everyone who entered the channel had fleets moving, with different people setting up teamups and defdraw missions all over the place. Spreading the load makes it so much easier.

The only thing that may be a little harder to get involved with is politics because you generally need to discuss it with those who are already involved and see what they are doing/have done and tell them that you want to contribute in some way. And these people will be completely open with you if you ask them what's going on, because secrecy is shit.

Quote:
Ascendancy: While we were sleeping, we were getting salvage.

:/

Edit: Kila, i do believe u missed the tone of the post.
You're making it sound like we're cocky and think this round has been easy. It hasn't, it's been damn hard and a load of effort has been put into it.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:57   #38
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

tbh kila etc, i think your version of a typical pa alliance is somewhat how a sub t5 ally runs (atleast what i have seen in the past), a model used that is nice for people starting up (i believe "noobs" will often like to see some form of hierarchy there). I for one know anyone is welcome within ct to run as a bc/dc if they are competent to do it they can, if they show consistent dedication they can move to hc its simple. Politics is purely on a you ask and we tell you, general politics is updated in topic in #ct for people to see. The overall decisions on what move to take could be said to be pretty much the same as asc run, you call it "the guys who know whats going on and organising attacks" we could just call that a bc/hc role, even if thats is a small part of the "job" as you guys call it.

At the end of the day though, there needs to be more than 1 product on the market, people choose to play where they want. Whilst asc might be pwn'n the alliance wins i know of a few people who dont like the "abuse/banter" there either. So anyway, as a lot of people say i think the quality of your players is the key. Which once again refers back to the "asc care" attitude that has come about. Something which you guys claimed to not have before.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 15:00   #39
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
There are people who step up and take responsibility, do politics, raids etc.
The lack of titles such as DC, BC and HC just mean that anyone can step up to do it when they want, and it provides far more efficiency. When there are defcalls, in regular alliances you have just the DCs dealing with them and they're often incredibly secretive in their own channels. We have, literally whoever the **** wants to, stepping up and taking the calls, doing them in #ascendancy and therefore having the input of everyone who is around rather than just "the supah 1337 secret cru" who are in the DC channels.
As for attacks, yes it's usually the same people organising our raids but that tends to be because a. others can't be bothered and b. the people dealing with politics may have specific targets in mind. The shared sense of responsibility and lack of BCs who are expected to sort stuff encourages people to sort their own day raids and launch/recall missions in wartime.
I think this was epitomised when we fought Omen before CT dropped the NAP; we didn't just have "BCs" setting up attacks, we had dozens of people making sure that everyone who entered the channel had fleets moving, with different people setting up teamups and defdraw missions all over the place. Spreading the load makes it so much easier.

The only thing that may be a little harder to get involved with is politics because you generally need to discuss it with those who are already involved and see what they are doing/have done and tell them that you want to contribute in some way. And these people will be completely open with you if you ask them what's going on, because secrecy is shit.

You're making it sound like we're cocky and think this round has been easy. It hasn't, it's been damn hard and a load of effort has been put into it.
It all sounds like a great way to run an alliance.
Ok
I'm sold - I'll join
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 15:37   #40
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
you ask and we tell you.
There thats the difference.
Anyone in asc can try anything if they like even arranging NAPs; most dont but the possibility is there.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 15:45   #41
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
IF they really didnt care crashers wouldn't get kicked right? looking shit wouldnt matter right?

Actually there has been a motto/slogan in Asc almost since the inception, that applies to this and that is basically "Don't be shit".

Crashing fleets is being shit.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 16:05   #42
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
More like its too easy. If it comes down to a militairy battle, Asc will win. If it comes down to a political battle, Asc will win. If it comes down to a motivational/morale battle, Asc will win. (Please keep in mind, by battle i mean 1/A few Vs Asc + Friends, as opposed to All Vs Asc.)

Un/Fortunately these things can be influenced and even determined by outside sources.

At the end of the day, we know you guys are going to rock up, do what needs to be done to win, as far as internally goes. Wether or not Asc wins, believe it or not, (allthough things can certainly be influenced by people inside Asc) is determined by people outside Asc.

Im not taking anything away from you guys, you thrashed the majority of the universe. Im simply saying you did it with room to spare and certain people pulled down their pants whilst you did it.

While we are at it, i feel there are congratulations in order for ROCK, xVx and hirr. They assisted Asc mervelously to the win, yes?
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 19:33   #43
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

In order for Ascendancy to be stopped, someone actually has to bother to stop them.
I saw Omen and Wishmaster doing one hell of a job pestering them from the very start. Which no one else have bothered before.
The problem itself lies in the fact that most HCs of other allies either fear or love ascendancy. Thus making them not targeted.

The game dying, perhaps?
Ascendancy is each round replacing theyre poor ppl or quiters with active top notch players. The other allies become farming places for them.
Causual players dont care that much about winning, but i belive they will grow tired of getting bashed round after round (which will be the result if an ally is causual and get into a war).

Congratulations to Ascendancy and Elviz tho, since they will win ally award and planet. And 12:5 winning gal i belive.

I wish New Dawn could have challenged you, and earlier as well. But politics will be politics. And when we finally battle you, we decide to donate 25mil value......

So yet again, congratulations Ascendancy. Well deserved. Ill have to take comfort in the fact i faked JBG atleast :P
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 20:55   #44
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We still have to close this round out, so I'm not breaking open the champagne and certainly won't say much about our success at the moment bar that I think our attitude all round has been terrific, absolutely first rate.

But a point to think about is this: when an alliance turns over 36 million score in a short passage of time, and achieves it without even going postal on their opponents (I don't think I've ever seen that before really), then there's clearly something wrong with the game mechanics and the strategies/discipline of the people attacking them. Ascendancy aren't responsible for either.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 22:27   #45
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

We came into the round with fun in mind and we have had alot of fun

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 23:51   #46
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I don't blame Asc for anything. They deserve nothing but admiration for achieving what should be unachievable.

On the other hand, I have nothing but contempt for the rest of the petty-minded leaders of other alliances for allowing it to happen.

To be fair, I have less contempt for Omen - at least they set out their stall (along with VGN - please take note, Nestorn) and hit Asc from the start. If we hadn't been betrayed by CT from the start - then ND (once CT finally realised the error of their ways) things might have been different.

We had one goal this round - and only one. Stop Asc winning 3 in a row at all costs. We failed - again! But at least we didn't give up.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 02:47   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
While we are at it, i feel there are congratulations in order for ROCK, xVx and hirr. They assisted Asc mervelously to the win, yes?
I have nothing but respect for the alliances we've dealt with this round and I sincerely hope they've gotten what they wished for out of dealing with us, this even goes for ND and CT who we napped for brief periods during the round. When I try to play PA politically I offer very little but what you see from me.
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 03:07   #48
fattymatty

fattymatty is on a distinguished road

Changing sizes of alliances will not change anything and i think that the past has proven that. If someone wants to take off the top seed then all you need to do is what has been done in the past grouping alliances together for a common cause and attacking the top alliance.
fattymatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 04:32   #49
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let JBG fool you, we eat babies.

Lots of babies.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 15:23   #50
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I think it is pretty correct with the hierachy thing in Asc.
From my past PA experince, you would get demoted and slapped if you went "out of line" being a BC and arranging politics and raids with other alliances without HC blessing.
Im a fan of the old model of PA alliances, with HCs,BCs,DCs etc, but that required shit loads of dedication from the HC and senior officers, wich you wont find in todays alliances. Ofc there are active,dedicated and skilled HCs in alliances like ND/CT/Omen etc, but for me it seems it swings too much.
Most moderne PA players is experince enough to run raids and defence, so why should they not have flags in the arbiter of the alliance they have been playing with the last rounds.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote