User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:43   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
An inquiry to HR

May I ask who you are doing 'favours' for?

Misty (HR HC) did a notice in private server...
-Misty:#fluffyfur- Could everyone pls tag their cluster number on the private server tonight pls .. we may have to aid some friends as they are copping the shit for last nights hit.. u will ofc get def points for it

Surely defending another alliance in such a way is meaning that you are there tonight simply to support them. Isnt this against the rules?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:47   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: An inquiry to HR

Might be an attack aswell.

And I doubt defending would be against the rules either since they're not support-planets signed up with the sole mission of defending another planet/alliance.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:47   #3
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

*raises his hand*

Ooh, pick me, pick me, I know!

But it'd be unfair if I told..

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:47   #4
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

But if they defend more than once the same planets (its not the first night they defended out of alliance planets), it might be a repeated offense and MH might close them aswell, no?
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:48   #5
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

No need to know clusters if attacking.

For tonight those planets sole intention is to supoprt another alliance. I would suggest that would be a silly move in the current climate.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:49   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
But if they defend more than once the same planets (its not the first night they defended out of alliance planets), it might be a repeated offense and MH might close them aswell, no?
No. They can't because the the rule is too "loose".
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:50   #7
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It is certainly not against the rules we have in this game. It is, however, against the spirit of the pax alliance system. Another reason for hard-coding defense missions must just have been added to Jolts list.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:50   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Whatever HR are trying to pull, I just hope it doesn't all go terribly wrong.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:56   #9
Forest

Rumour has it, Rock is the alliance concerned.

hr and rock attacked vgn yesterday vgn is hitting rock back today.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:57   #10
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

handing forest a wooden spoon .. here u could stir a bit more (insert word) with this
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 23:59   #11
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
handing forest a wooden spoon .. here u could stir a bit more (insert word) with this

I don't touch wood for obvious reasons ta
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:02   #12
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest

-Misty:#fluffyfur- Could everyone pls tag their cluster number on the private server tonight pls .. we may have to aid some friends as they are copping the shit for last nights hit.. u will ofc get def points for it

Surely defending another alliance in such a way is meaning that you are there tonight simply to support them. Isnt this against the rules?
I would just like to say, this is all basis on what alliance there are planning on defending, if that is indeed there intention, emphasis on friends in your specific quote. I don't know any of the details on HR, what they have done this round is beyond me so i can't comment too much on them as an alliance.

Also it still wouldn't be against the rules as Heartless pointed out, but it could be viewed as going against the allinace tag system. I agree with PA team trying to emphasise the PA allinace tag system when they brought in the Support planet rule. Sadly the rule in question is too vague in my opinion to tkae much action unless the offence in question is obviously purely for the benefit of supporting an allinace with defence other than the ships availiable in the tag.

And personally i thought the whole idea of having the Cluster eta time for def lower was for the sole purpose of allowing people in cluster to help defend there friends. If they do get closed for this offence then you may aswell take away the whole cluster eta difference.

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:05   #13
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer77
And personally i thought the whole idea of having the Cluster eta time for def lower was for the sole purpose of allowing people in cluster to help defend there friends. If they do get closed for this offence then you may aswell take away the whole cluster eta difference.

They wont get closed for it, it was just my way of letting AD know about there intentions.

It isn't them defending friends in cluster though, it is a whole alliance looking at defending a whole alliance as much as possible.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:11   #14
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They wont get closed for it, it was just my way of letting AD know about there intentions.

It isn't them defending friends in cluster though, it is a whole alliance looking at defending a whole alliance as much as possible.
Yet again this is another example for PA team to review the support planet rule for the next round, as atm there are too many uncertainties which are obviously leading to differences of opinion or mis-interpretation.

If the support planet rule is indeed to stay, which i can't see any other way, then certain aspect of the game are gunna have to be removed or changed, one of these is the Cluster Def eta -1.

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:11   #15
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
And people would care why? I mean.. if people were gonna make a thread about every alliances intentions each day, it'd fill up pretty quickly.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:13   #16
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just leave them to it. The rule is only for support planets designed to help an alliance without being in the tag, nothing more.

If HR thinks their interests are best served by sending their defence resources to Rock, then so be it. It'll be an fun night for all concerned.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:13   #17
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I suppose its up to them if they want to leave their own planets undefended infavour of another alliance.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:14   #18
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
And people would care why? I mean.. if people were gonna make a thread about every alliances intentions each day, it'd fill up pretty quickly.

And dont you think that people would want to know when alliances are so openly and brazenly going against the spirit fo the game.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:18   #19
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
And dont you think that people would want to know when alliances are so openly and brazenly going against the spirit fo the game.
Who decides what's against the spirit of the game? You?

If you're a good friend with another alliance and they are under fire, I see NO reason why helping them should be against the spirit of the game. If HR defended Rock through the night it would be helping a friend in need, not ruining the spirit of the game. It's not like HR signed up their alliance for the sole reason of defending Rock, is it?
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:21   #20
Forest

What about if they defended an enemy in an effort to stop retals on themselves?
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:21   #21
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Sum1 save the whales too before it's too late

We've missed ya forest <3

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Šragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:23   #22
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Sum1 save the whales too before it's too late

We've missed ya forest <3
**** the whales, SAVE THE FOREST!!!
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:27   #23
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
You mean if i.e. HR defended VGN to avoid VGN attacking HR? I don't see your point tbh..
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:28   #24
Kieker Jan

Kieker Jan can only hope to improve

Quote:

oef cant u go anymore farftetched...
a warmongrol in a corner has quite the imagination

anyway .. what alliances do for their friends is their buissness and not to be put up on AD by an attentionseeker who likes to see leechers going @ alliances he fears...

u dont hear any1 when allys decide to attack with eachother... so what if 2 alliances decide to turn it around and help each other out. Let em be andplay their own tactics without BS like ur spreading
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:28   #25
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
**** the whales, SAVE THE FOREST!!!
**** for Forest (http://www.****forforest.com/)?
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:29   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

personally speaking if there is a cluster defence bonus people should have the option to use it providing its not inviolaiton of 18.2(f), which it is unlikely that this action would be - its an anit support planet rule not an anit blocking rule.... that said a certain other game is likely to have some very strict alliance rules in the future with punnishments attached to them - while I don't think PA should be as extreme as the other game, maybe a code of conduct for alliances is merited.

But again, I personally think that a one off helping out of somoene isn't an issue, similarly joining in on a fleet catch should be allowed - for example it doesn;t have to be blocking to warrant the occasional defence of a planet form another alliance - defending that alliance as a one off may have a benefit in the alliances own score. i.e. I have no problem with dynamic politics and blocking - what I would have an issue with is long term agreements - theese would be reasonably simple to detect (coop attacks and defence) in PAN, so if we had a code of conduct we could ban them. I think that a code of conduct that allows some dynamic politics but prevent slong term agreements would be better than simply banning people from defending people outside their galalxy and alliance.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:33   #27
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

Quote:
No need to know clusters if attacking.

For tonight those planets sole intention is to supoprt another alliance. I would suggest that would be a silly move in the current climate.
The current climate? Do people remember that this is a game?
Happy Holidays btw
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:34   #28
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Ah, guess this is another lame act of those eXi muppets, thanks for letting us know that we're getting hit hard, for some reason HR didn't mention in our shared channels with 5 other alliances that they have intel about it and that they'll def us.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:35   #29
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieker Jan
oef cant u go anymore farftetched...
a warmongrol in a corner has quite the imagination

Yes, what an imagination
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:43   #30
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve

Quote:

Sorry if someone could correct me ... isnt this a war game ... Forrest have a look at real life, then u'll realise that real life is reflected in PA. alliances NAP / Ally / Turn on each other constantly. thats what makes life fun.

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]
[BA]Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:44   #31
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrab
Ah, guess this is another lame act of those eXi muppets, thanks for letting us know that we're getting hit hard, for some reason HR didn't mention in our shared channels with 5 other alliances that they have intel about it and that they'll def us.

i hve no idea what pills your popping but pass them over .. they must be good
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:45   #32
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BA]Apoc
Sorry if someone could correct me ... isnt this a war game ...

Yes it is.

So why would HR defend an enemy to stop themsleves getting attacked. That would be a peace game
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:48   #33
Rust
--==SaX==--

Rust is an unknown quantity at this point

damn some of you need to get a life, who hr want to def or not does not matter, they pay there money they have there friends, weather you bitchs like it or not. some people realy need to get a ****ing life
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:57   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The utter hilarity of planets being closed for utilising the decreased in-cluster eta would make life worth living. Of course this won't happen. Nor should it. But the rules imply it should. Oh it's all so confusing
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 01:05   #35
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

This is such a fun reading. Its like reading in bed before falling asleep.

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 01:24   #36
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I dare and say you are not meant to know HRs private channel topic, so it is a few steps to 'openly'. :->

Regards,
_are_
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 01:26   #37
Nibiru

Nibiru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
This is such a fun reading. Its like reading in bed before falling asleep.
Totally true !

R2: OpusDei
R3: G-II Wing [HR]
R4: [HR]
R5: [HR]
R6: [HR]
R7, R8, R9, R10: Retired
R11: [HR]
R12: Absolute->LCH
R13: ND
R14: ND -> ToF
R15: 1up
R16: HR
Nibiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 02:06   #38
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust
damn some of you need to get a life, who hr want to def or not does not matter, they pay there money they have there friends, weather you bitchs like it or not. some people realy need to get a ****ing life
You appear to have missed the point of Alliance Discussions.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 02:23   #39
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Personally, I think the guy who posts private server information publicly deserves a kicking.

What was that #exiraid channel you and NewDawn/Angels/Insomnia guys used to hang out in? Cypher "BattleGate" Forest raku..?
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 02:23   #40
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and the topic was Invite all your friends let's C*** exilition.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 04:00   #41
BaSSe

BaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to behold

Someone stop Rock&HR before they take over the game with this evil tactic!
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 09:59   #42
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

I tend to think this is a fairly moot point. The cluster ETA bonus is there for a reason so it definately can't be against the rules. You can argue that it's fairly shit of HR to be propping up antoher alliance in this way but if it's reciprocated (which I think in this instance the liklehood would be yes it would be) then it's a valid alliance method for increasing thier def pool.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 10:11   #43
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Forest, you should stick to declarations of war, this thread is taking the avg. quality of your posts down considerably.

Not that im not curious about this all
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 12:48   #44
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

All i see here is some people taking this small incident way out of proportion
Let's translate this situation to real life for a minute

Forest = Hans Brix
AD = The United Nations
Rock & HR = arabic nations that may or may not have WMD's
HR's private channel topic = One of the palices of the evil Rock & HR that need inspecting

We can even take this a bit further
1up = USA (caus they obviously are always right, have the best intell in the world & the greatest military... )
eXil = North Korea (The grand evil that supplies weak nations & groups with WMD's)
All other allies = worthless caus if they take 1 step wrong they'll have the united nations & hans brix crawling up their ass telling them what not to do.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 12:55   #45
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

lol
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 13:27   #46
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Forest, you should stick to declarations of war, this thread is taking the avg. quality of your posts down considerably.

Not that im not curious about this all
Judging by all the neg reps everytime I post these days, I dont think it matters

I just thought it would be nice to stop seeing whining about what exi are doing, and take allok into the affairs of the smaller alliances.

I seem to remember a similar thread which degenerated into a slanging match because several alliances defended fleetcatches by several alliances, and yet here we see one alilance totally setting up to defend another and nothing is seen wrong with it.

I just wanted to see some discussion :/

/me wanders back to throw some stones in his glass house.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 13:43   #47
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

HR decide to defend ROCK taking advantage of the incluster eta bonus, since when has it been illegal to have cluster alliances...
You can view it from the point of view of cluster alliances of old - friendly alliances work together within clusters to help defend each other... Just because HR HC told members to effectively setup a cluster alliance for 1 night to help ROCK doesnt mean you have to come and start a slur campaign against either alliance does it?

This cannt be related to the other thread because the other thread was dealing with defence being sent from one cluster to others, all the HR and ROCK defence (that im aware of) last night was all in-cluster, therefore within the rules and mechanics of the game... infact part of the game that many are complainining doesnt happen anymore - cluster alliances
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 13:44   #48
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Since when has defending a friend become a major issue?
Are you telling me none of you defend in gal? That you all just defend alliance members?
Planetarion is a game...and in games you make friends etc...
the main aim of the pa-team atm iirc is to INCREASE membershipand the only way to do this is to keep people playing with their freinds.
The cluster def rule was brought in to stop the abuse of multis using a loophole for def.
For people who use the cluster def option fairly and in line with the game rules...all it is is an extension of the ingal defence

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:19   #49
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet
This cannt be related to the other thread because the other thread was dealing with defence being sent from one cluster to others, all the HR and ROCK defence (that im aware of) last night was all in-cluster, therefore within the rules and mechanics of the game... infact part of the game that many are complainining doesnt happen anymore - cluster alliances
Maybe it was all incluster, but I am sure you would of defended out of cluster had the -1 eta been theer as well
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:20   #50
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Since when has defending a friend become a major issue?
Are you telling me none of you defend in gal? That you all just defend alliance members?
Planetarion is a game...and in games you make friends etc...
the main aim of the pa-team atm iirc is to INCREASE membershipand the only way to do this is to keep people playing with their freinds.
So you are telling me that each person who defended last night was defending friends.

Pull the other one, you had no idea who you were defending, you just got told who to defend based on what cluster you were in.