User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Oct 2003, 10:52   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Unhappy Goodbye, I'm leaving

Well, it's a sad day for me but I have to leave Planetarion for several reasons, such as work. I will miss you guys and there are a few people I would like to mention specifically, but you all meant so much to me these last 3 and a half years I cannot mention you all. This is a long post but please read on.

BRITAIN’s national rail enquiries operation is being moved to India to save money.

Calls will be redirected to operators in three Indian cities.
A pilot scheme is already under way. This column decided to put it to the test.

Thankyou for calling British Rail enquiries. You are being held in a queue.

Your business is important to us. If you have a touch tone phone, please press the star button now.

Hello?

For InterCity services, press 1. For local services, press 2. For all other enquiries, press 3.

Hello?

Thankyou for pressing 3. All our operators are busy assisting other passengers. Please hold.

Hello? Is that British Rail enquiries?

No mate, this is Mumbai Minicabs. You want my brother.

Can you transfer me?

Sorry, I’m POB at the moment. Try ringing back in ten minutes.

(Brrring, brrring.)

Thankyou for calling British Rail enquiries. You are being held in a ...
Yeah, yeah.

Your business is important to us. For 200mph, luxury tilting trains, please press 1 and wait for ten years. For 50-year-old, clapped out slam-door cattle trucks, please replace your receiver and ring Network South East. To be transferred to someone who barely speaks English, press 3.

Hello?

Train enquiries, Mahatma speaking.

At last. I’d like to go from London to Glasgow tomorrow morning, please. Can you give me some details?

Oh, yes indeed. Finchley Central is two and sixpence from Golders Green on the Northern Line.

No, London to GLASGOW. How do I get there?

So sorry. It goes from St Louis down to Missouri, Oklahoma City looks oh so pretty, you’ll see Amarillo, Gallup, New Mexico, Flagstaff, Arizona, don’t forget Winona, Kingman, Barstow, San Bernardino.

LONDON to GLASGOW!

Oh, you want the last train to Clarksville?

Not Clarksville, GLASGOW!

Sorry, there must be leaves on the line. I’ll hand you over to a supervisor.

Hello?

Thankyou for calling British Rail enquiries. All our operators are on strike at the moment. Please wait while you are transferred to Calcutta.

Hello?

If you have a hash button, please press it now. If you want to wait three hours on a rain-lashed platform for a train that never comes, press 1.

If you want to pay a week’s wages for a first-class ticket, only to be kicked off at Watford and put on a replacement bus service which gets stuck in roadworks outside Milton Keynes, press 2.

To remain holding, press 3, and your call will be answered when one of our assistants stops talking about the legover on Big Brother last night and bothers to pick up the phone.

If you’d rather speak to someone who doesn’t know the difference between Peterhead and Peterborough and for whom English is a second language, press 4.

Hello?

Vijay speaking, how can I help you?

Thank heavens, I’ve been waiting for ages.

So sorry, but my chef is off sick today and I’m doing my best. Are you the Madras chicken, pilau rice and double keema naan for Acacia Avenue?

No, London to GLASGOW.

Oh, I am so sorry, sir. But we don’t deliver that far, only within a five-mile radius of Southall. Why don’t you ring my cousin at Raj’s Revenge in Sauchiehall Street?

(Click. Redial button.)

Oh, it’s you again. If you are having a panic attack, press 1. If you are suffering from stress, press 2. If you are suffering from heat exhaustion, press 3.

If you want trauma counselling, press 4. If you want to get anywhere by train, on time, replace your handset and move to India.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 11:45   #2
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Re: Goodbye, I'm leaving

ok whatever
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 13:01   #3
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

hmm..? bye??
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 13:10   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Amusing but not exactly relevant to PD.

Close or GD, choices choices choices...
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 13:14   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Goodbye, I'm leaving

Practically everything involving people operating and advising on telecommunications equipment is being moved to India. Such is the way of the global economy.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 14:49   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

huh? This was my 'farewell, Im not playing PA anymore speech'
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 15:00   #7
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

bye. PA sucks. Glad im not playing it.
Still seem to be idling here though.... ¬_¬
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 18:07   #8
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Didn't you leave once before? Sometime during round 6 I think it was...
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 11:31   #9
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga
Didn't you leave once before? Sometime during round 6 I think it was...
Nope! I didnt exist in round 6!
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 11:56   #10
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

bye

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote