User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Oct 2003, 18:25   #1
Pippin Took

Pippin Took is an unknown quantity at this point
What was the point of bothering?

5 rounds of P2P later the servers still fail, even worse then that is the pathetic attempts to correct the problems. How long was it for the 2 roll backs? 4 days? So now we are all expected to come running back to keep playing a hardcore round for what? I should bother to build ships or launch attacks why? So when the servers fail again I can sit around another 4 days? 4 days for a couple lost ticks? I'd rather lose my fleet then have a roll back if thats what it takes to fix it. So don't worry the round will be extended? for how long? 4 days for every lost tick? With no guarantees that it won't happen again despite "professionals" now running the game. You can't expect that of the players, I don't have a problem with shelling out money for a good game but I don't see the point when I could play a free game that doesn't go down for 4 days. I'd rather put up with a bug or 3 or a lost hour now and again but I won't be bothered with a game that doesn't run at all, especially when you can't be bothered to put a notice in our overviews when it is down and when it is expected to come back up. I shouldn't have to search irc channels and forums to hear it from players when the creators can't be bothered with an announcement on the portal until 4 days after they fix a problem patting themselves on the back for such great work they did. Should I buy a PA T-shirt? or will I only be able to wear it 3 days a week because it falls apart the other 4?
Pippin Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 18:36   #2
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Re: What was the point of bothering?

/me sighs
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 18:42   #3
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
/me sighs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 18:43   #4
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

You are quite fond of the 'I' vowel. "I don't want this", "I hate that". You also don't seem to be too keen on paragraphs, so don't expect me to have clearly taken your 'point'.

Hmmm, what can I say? Your post is rather dependent on naiveté and exaggeration. Do you think your $10 grants you flawless uptime and perfect service? Is it fair that just because you are impatient enough to sacrifice your fleet for 2 1/2 days, that everyone else should? Do you expect perfect service from a company in the middle of major management changes? Do you understand the techical barriers involved in putting up a notice on a server that is down? Have you had any experience in a free game that never goes down? How long did it take you to get a maths qualifcation that lets you calculate the time between wednesday morning and friday evening as 4 days? Do you find it annoying to have your post responded to in the same annoying format of constant questioning? Would you prefer a logical, well thought-out answer?

Well make a logical, well thought-out arguement then.
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 18:53   #5
Pippin Took

It's called "ranting" you tool, everyone gets a fair opportunity to do it in these forums, allow me mine. And maybe I can't count days but I can count money, it's 10 UK pounds not 10$. Which means I paid more money for this round then any other for the rights to complain louder if nothing else.
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 18:56   #6
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

It's called "trolling" you tool, everyone gets a fair opportunity to do it in these forums, allow me mine.

Also, the money you paid for the PA account is limited to ownership of said account, so your 'ranting' is restricted to in-game. I wish I was in your gal!
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 19:01   #7
Pippin Took

I wish you were in my gal too! Then at least I would have one more active player ffs! You may be a complete prat but I admire your activeness.
Last post (29d 6h 28m ago) << my gal forums, at least I can whine here knowing someone will read it and flame me if nothing else.
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 19:05   #8
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin Took
You may be a complete prat
:(
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 19:12   #9
Pippin Took

the prat part was meant with affection, I should have added a smiley. I seriously just needed a good rant and being fully aware of where I was posting I expected a good and nasty bunch of replies. Peace and love etc, I am all done screaming now that I got it out of my system.

/me goes back to ordering his battleships again, maybe this time they will make it off the production line before the next reset/rollback hehe
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 19:30   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Be nice guys .

Pippin - Spinner has retired in the last few days, which unfortunately coincided with the problems with downtime and roll backs. As you can imagine not having the main man around when PA is down causes many problems. Mr Brick has just been given the job of 'creator' and is trying to sort all this out, believe me he is working his ass off more than i have ever seen anyone else do for PA, but it will take time for him to get things straight.

The majority of the PA universe complained about there being no roll back 2nd roll back at first, in fact i think there is a poll somewhere on the forums about the roll back, i would guess a very high percentage said "yes we want a 2nd roll back".

You cant expect PA to run perfectly 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. I pay £35 a month for NTL broadband but over the last few days they have had lots of problems making my net connection dodgy. There isnt much i can do about it, i pay them and most of the time they provide me with a reliable connection for which i am thankful. PA is very much the same, we have had 1 glitch this round. I cant remember any from r9.5 and i'm not sure about r9. Things are vastly improved on what we saw in the early rounds when PA was constantly down for days on end.

Mr Brick has been informed by myself and others about the lack of communication on such matters to the PA community and i'm sure it is one of the main things he aims to improve now that he has the power to do so, just give him a chance .
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 19:47   #11
Pippin Took

No worries JC, I am a lifer playing since rd 3 and paid every round of P2P, I won't be quitting any time soon. As is often mentioned in the forums this game is an addiction, try asking a smoker to go without ciggies for 2.5 days and see if he doesn't get a bit cranky! I just needed to have a good rant to express my dissatisfaction with last weeks performance(or lack thereof) am all done now and back to happily? playing.
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 20:19   #12
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

why can't we all just realise that it said nothing in the agreement when you paid for this game that the game were never to crash.....
I paid for a product that will allways be unstable, someone can cut my internet access and i cannot play, i'm not asking for my money back. Thunderstorms can hit my hom wrecking the computer so it takes me days to log back on, i don't want my money back. Someone could light a match and throw it into my eyes making me blind, i don't want my money back.....
Cut the goddamn creators and maintainers of this game some slack!!!!!

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 20:20   #13
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

they learn from mistakes, as do we all!!!

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote