User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 1 May 2003, 00:13   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Iddy likkle servers revisited

Remember this thread ?

Well I've since built 2 Shuttle boxes. One a Duron 1300 test prototype (remember people, always build a prototype box if you need a new computer for home) and the new one is a MONSTER MOTHER****ER of an Athlon 3ghz with 2gb memory that does a Seti result in just under 2 and a half hours.

The Shuttles may be small but EVERYTHING you need is on the board and on friday I will have got on one test as a replacement for BIG HUGE server 1 (I need a new case for one of my home boxs)

If you need a box to sit in the corner and chug away get a Shuttle, only probably not a good idea to spend a fortune on the expensive Athlons and 2gb of memory like what I did

I was looking at rackmounted servers but I can quite happily spend a 3rd of the cost on top spec shuttle boxes and get one of my desks back (and hopefully have enough left over for the 21inch LCD screen)

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 04:26   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
we agree.

However we disapprove of your small 21 inch screen.
get a "30 at only 2.5k each fs...
NEWSBOT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 10:46   #3
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I have room for a 21 in monitor but not a 30 in. Besides, if I get one, everyone will complain and want one

Vaio
Unread 1 May 2003, 14:36   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
which is why you in fact buy ten, and sell the other 8 on at profit.
NEWSBOT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 20:26   #5
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
your 30000 seti units, they done at home or on machines at work?
Unread 1 May 2003, 22:48   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
your 30000 seti units, they done at home or on machines at work?
Mostly at work, although I now have both my Athlon boxes and the PIII box running Seti at home now and its closer to 20k results

Vaio
Unread 9 May 2003, 17:06   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Re: Re: Iddy likkle servers revisited

Quote:
Originally posted by idimmu
The money I'd save returning components, over buying 2 PCs imho completly defeats the point of buliding a prototype pc(?)!
Company money.......

Vaio
Unread 15 May 2003, 01:03   #8
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, but can you stack the bastards?

How many can you fit in a 3u 19" rackmount? \o/

Its like blades, but for the stylegeek generation!

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote