User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 7 Feb 2015, 12:14   #1
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Allied Defence Page

Planetarion has had the same mechanics more or less for the past decade, and as there's another space war game competing, it would be a good idea to mix things up a bit. (Change this repetitive game style of Planetarion, only a little!)

Politics is quite a fluid game, it's mainly about blocking up (and NAPing). To add an interesting side to the factor, why not allow allied alliances (in-game) to view each others defence page. Obviously there would need to be some thinking involved whether they can view the defence fleets of the other, but I think this would mix things up a bit and politics won't just be about overwhelming the enemy with blocks.

We don't get many ideas anymore, so please, if you don't agree with this particular idea, refrain from flaming.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 12:22   #2
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Allied Defence Page

I don't really see any positive effects from this, imho, getting def from an ally should be an active process, not a by default option. There should be some risk to defending other allies. Implementing this endangers to tip the balance of the game into defending too much, and could lead to early onset stagnation, especially in rounds that don't have overly offensive stats.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 13:35   #3
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Im usually totally in favour of improving defence, as I defend much more than attack.
However, I worry this might endanger the very political fluidity you wish to support. If cross alliance defence is normalised by being on the ally def page then yes it encourages blocks, but it also encourages a permanence of those blocks as everyone would want the maximum def pool available and worry about being left out in the cold should they become estranged from their partners of the moment.
I wonder if it might be better if instead of merging allies def pages, an alliance could issue an alert on a particular call which puts that on their allies defence pages. Might be useful in big fleet catches, or large CR/BS SK attacks without making cross alliance defence an everyday thing.
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 14:14   #4
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

what is the positive side of this?
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2015, 11:09   #5
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

i think it would be a good idea as long as the alliance that isn't receiving the inc doesn't get salvage from defending