User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:32   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I was wondering

Does anyone else think our rate of consumption of resources has outpaced our ability to realise the potential of new resources or new methods to extract/produce resources etc? The rate of worldwide industrialisation is skyrocketing right now but yet the rate of inventions in the field of practical technology has nowhere near the same rate of development. Clearly these patterns cannot be maintained without significant alteration of our current situation. Personally I can't imagine how this can happen in a morally acceptable fashion. Any opinions, thoughts, comments, mind-numbingly brilliant proposals to prove me an idiot?
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:37   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
It is nice, i think. Humanity deserves it. Almost nobody want to do anything about it, they just pay their taxes, vote for some politican, and think they are active. That they make a difference.
They say they are good people, beacause they send £10 a month down to Africa, while they support the corporations that ****s Africa up whit much more money.
Showers for 30 minutes! That is normal!
The western world is spending up the world. I feel sad for the people who dont have **** that will go down when the **** hit the fan, but hey, I tried at least.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:42   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I think the consensus on the environment/resources amongst those who aren't panicking right now is that "Don't worry, we'll think of something at the last minute".

Market forces and/or genuine human co-operation do provide answers to these types of problems, but no-one in the world actually wants to face it, so we're (probably) all screwed.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:49   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Who was it that was complaining about us brits not having a space program?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:52   #5
Asper

Re: I was wondering

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Does anyone else think our rate of consumption of resources has outpaced our ability to realise the potential of new resources or new methods to extract/produce resources etc? The rate of worldwide industrialisation is skyrocketing right now but yet the rate of inventions in the field of practical technology has nowhere near the same rate of development. Clearly these patterns cannot be maintained without significant alteration of our current situation. Personally I can't imagine how this can happen in a morally acceptable fashion. Any opinions, thoughts, comments, mind-numbingly brilliant proposals to prove me an idiot?
Ehhh...it's way to frigging late to read all that and actually make sense out of it...
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:56   #6
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
A few months ago the BBC had a questionnaire linked from their news site. You answer a few questions about your lifestyle and at the end it told you how many "worlds" would be needed if everybody lived as you did.

IIRC I came out at 3.7 worlds !!!

Look it up, it made interesting reading
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 01:05   #7
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Necessity is the mother of all invention.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 01:09   #8
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Necessity is the mother of all invention.
curiousity is 2nd and stupidity is 3rd
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote