User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:03   #1
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
windows keys

is there a way to change my windows key (loads start menu) to something else? like a Ctrl or something?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:23   #2
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: windows keys

wrong forum
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:03   #3
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

it'll do
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:09   #4
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going to go with a big fat proably no, and also a why the hell would you want to do that?
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:22   #5
Embroglio

they get in the way, and having a key that opens the start menu over any other app you're using ****ing sucks, but they're in good positions to be used for useful functions
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:24   #6
Intrepid00

I have seen keyboards where the windows key, ctrl, and alt key are more seperated to prevent such annoying bumping:/

BTW, did you know WindowsKey+D shrunk all windows and WindowsKey+L locked your computer?
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:35   #7
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

Windows Key does ctrl-escape. I know someone who can remap keys to do different things in windows or disable them completely, it involves messing about with the registry. I have no idea how u do it though. I think it involves finding out what registry unique id is connected to the ctrl-escape sequence, then change its mapping.

Sounds a bit complex to me - and too easy a way to screw up windows completely.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:37   #8
Intrepid00

Now that I think about it, download the power toy from the MS website for your OS called TweakUI.
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 00:13   #9
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

pop them off and superglue them back where they won't move? I mean, if you're looking to permanently disable them, why go to all the trouble of screwing with configs and registries when you can just remove or freeze the damn things?
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 00:13   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

just take the keys out. ok, it looks stupid, but that would solve the problem.
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 00:21   #11
Embroglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
pop them off and superglue them back where they won't move? I mean, if you're looking to permanently disable them, why go to all the trouble of screwing with configs and registries when you can just remove or freeze the damn things?
i like the position of the key, which is why it bothers me, if it was just a crap key i'd just take it out, but it;d be good if i could actually make use of a key in such a good position. unfortunatly it doesn't seem to be possible without messing with stuff i don't understand so
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.