User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:18   #51
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: Ticks stop - rollback etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Forgive me, but wasnt you on the PA Team last round? Which would of course mean you were part of the decision for this precedure to take place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
As well as this i'd just like to point out to Marv, that he was on PATeam when the downtime procedure was put in place, he agreed to it and maybe now is a little late to be bringing up issues in its implementation.
So because I used to be on the team means I now have to fully aknowledge and endorce everything it does after my departure?

I also by now (or before the annoucements went up if I was online at the time of it happening) would have most likely pointed out a need to adapt and asked why a full fleet recall is needed.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:19   #52
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
It doesn't make a difference. 19 hours can be sufficient a notice for this, but what if you're doing something you cannot log in during? All people can't log from work, for example. The point is, someone will get hurt. Either way.
Yes but in all situations of all the solutions, it's the smallest possible group (the coincidental couldn't get on next day between 12 and 1pm with 19 hours notice group).

I did not propose that my solution was magic and would solve anything, but in terms of common sense and actually minimising unfairness, it's the best available. I mean, justifying the use of any unfair plan, however incompetent it may be simply because all plans will be slightly unfair at best is a silly way of going about things.

We should look for a common sense solution, and there is not much common sense in the 'procedure' we have at the moment.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:19   #53
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The alternative is to leave the universe in stasis from the point there was a last good tick and return to that tick at the same time tomorrow, with fleets airborne and the game inaccessible until an hour before it starts ticking. This way no one loses out, as defence can't be arranged until the game is actually open again. If you can find an upset party and explain why that party should be upset clearly and concisely, I would like to hear it..
What do you mean defence cant be arranged, yes it can ffs, For example

Quote:
/join #f-crew.defencechannel
@listcalls
--------------------------------------------------------
Members Co-ords || Attackers Co-ords || Current Tick || Reported ETA || Current ETA || Details || Scans
----------------------------------------------------------
I know what the rollback tick will be so I work out what the eta will be when the games back up. I now have 24 hours to find the right ships frompeople who can guarentee they will be around. Defence is then sorted np
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:19   #54
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
During round 17, Assassin announced game rules on the alliance rep channel and wasn't arsed to invite one of the top competitive alliance of the round in. Later, once we were asked by Night-Sky to join it, NewDawn and Insomnia made a huge fuzz of us being there, saying we don't earn a spot there. Now, the named alliance, part of which I no longer are, is running for the fourth round in the run - all the respect to ND, but the same cannot be said of f.ex Insomnia.
what the hell are you rambling on about kei? Insomnia never once made a fuss about you being in the rep channel so i dont know where the hell you plucked that little gem from. care to justify your respect for ND yet not insomnia? or are you just trolling my alliance again as per normal? speak to me about this on irc!

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:20   #55
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
From what I remember -- everyone complained last round because PA weren't following the "suggested" guidelines and were doing things differently with every downtime -- they went away and wrote a set of proceedures, which now they're following everyone is complaining about again.

No matter what PATeam do, there are going to be some people who will benefit, and some who will be disadvantaged -- at least if they're following proceedures, they will be consistent *every* time and people will know what to expect.
consistent rule for EVERY situation is NOT A GOOD THING. subjectivity must be kept at hand to allow for fair dealings. the only possible consistent rule i can see being 'okay' is the time delay if the game is down for over 2-3 ticks - but DEFINITELY never a GUARANTEED full recall, that's just silly
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:21   #56
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

a question to pateam; what reason do you have for a full recall apart from your FLAWED procedure
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:21   #57
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Pretty disgraceful tbh.. it would make little difference any other night.. but on the first night? First attacks can have serious effect on the rest of the round as once your ahead its alot easier to stay there.. the only fair option appears to be a rollback to PT72.

I understand that while regulations have been made, they should be flexible in light of a petition of this magnitude.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:22   #58
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
What do you mean defence cant be arranged, yes it can ffs, For example

I know what the rollback tick will be so I work out what the eta will be when the games back up. I now have 24 hours to find the right ships frompeople who can guarentee they will be around. Defence is then sorted np
If they're all on and ready to launch and you know all their fleets between 12pm and 1pm, it's no different. It's not as if they can log in and check their fleets either.

The point is we're now fumbling in the minutii of things that make very little difference in the balance of the game, in the sense that the unfairness is reduced to only a small one hour window, from when the game can be accessed. To support an alternative that is so obviously worse simply seems to be a case of cut off your nose to spite your face. Under my idea it's possible (but very difficult) to lose out unfairly.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:23   #59
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

idd Lukey
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:24   #60
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

lokken, keiz etc

people should stop talking about "def arranging etc and last round"

lets stick to the issue

Recalling fleets does not have to be done.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:25   #61
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
No matter what PATeam do, there are going to be some people who will benefit, and some who will be disadvantaged -- at least if they're following proceedures, they will be consistent *every* time and people will know what to expect.
Consistence is good. So is common sense. However, I'll take common sense over consistence anyday.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:25   #62
The Community
Listen to the community!

The Community has a spectacular aura aboutThe Community has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
If you recall fleets as well, you are not being fair to the whole community.
Damn straight! No one's ever fair to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
The community as a whole has had 8 weeks to comment on the Downtime Procedure, however we have received nothing against it until now, when it becomes convenient.
So I've been busy, sue me.
Quote:
PATeam have done what the community wanted and set a procedure in place
This is a filthy lie, PAteam never do what I want.

All this said, I am in full support of PAteam's chosen actions in this case. They can rest well knowing they have the support The Community.
The Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:26   #63
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

[footnote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
what the hell are you rambling on about kei? this paragraph has **** all to do with the thread and to be honest omen did sod all to earn any respect from myself or insomnia that round. now get the thread back on topic!
The post was on topic, if you read it as a whole. That was a footnote relating to someone asking about the alliance reps channel thing, mainly to elaborate what a joke it is.
[/footnote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken
Yes but in all situations of all the solutions, it's the smallest possible group (the coincidental couldn't get on next day between 12 and 1pm with 19 hours notice group).
Agreed. But this, however, has nothing to do with the PA team actually agreeing to do so. As pointed, they haven't, in their past either, been piss all interested in who gets damaged and who doesn't. On some aspects, obviously, regarding the r18 example, a group of players (SEX -block) benefited from the downtime handling (allowing them to defend), so they were a bigger party benefiting, while Omen was the smaller party getting hurt. This is a pretty vain argument, but the point isn't the "majority decides", but that the "PA team decides, no amount of whining, argumenting, or threatening with fleetcatches will ever change it".

Quote:
We should look for a common sense solution, and there is not much common sense in the 'procedure' we have at the moment.
As you yourself pointed out, a common sense solution wasn't executed in round 18. I think, during most of the downtimes in the past, common sense solutions haven't been executed (instead, they've been fairly unpredictable and volatile, with no consistent line at all). At least now we have a consistent line, even if it does hurt people. The question is, whether that line needs to be modified to cover more various situations or allow more footage to move on (for example: fleets will be recalled if it seems appropriate). I am in support of the procedure, because it gives something that will certainly happen, and something we can expect when the ticker, as often as it does, goes awol.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:26   #64
Blackrhag

Blackrhag is an unknown quantity at this point

This is just stupid ...

I realy don't get it why they should recall all fleets ...

This will actually already **** up my round start as i did everything for those 1st fleets ...

Is it so hard for a rollback of 1 tick and just start it again 24 hours later ....
seems so ...

Well thx and this is what i'm paying for ?
Blackrhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:28   #65
Ashka
Guard Your Dogs

Ashka is an unknown quantity at this point

Recalling all fleets Screws over many people's tick plans including mine who were rushing for ships. I did a DE rush and was trying to hit as quick as possible and get roids fast. Now this means all the work I did was pointless and that I should just not even bother to try and take advantage of people bieng slow seeing we all get an extra couple ticks of protection due to fleet recalls.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:32   #66
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
you should rollback to pt 72
agreed

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:34   #67
stoney_elmo
Strunken Doner

stoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the rough

this is bs! i didn't wait twelve xxxxing hours and i didn't endured several cov ops to see my fleet recalled. I was going to cap ffs aswell as many many other ppl
no fleet recall! otherwise i demand compensation!

Tides of Fire
Official Mascot

|Deathbringers| - |Destiny| - |DLR| -|InSomnia FTW| - |ROCK| - |EvOlution|
stoney_elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:34   #68
jerome

NEVERMIND i just realised my returning fleet will be home pronto, i cna attack again! hurray! scratch my calls for fair play - THIS ACTUALLY HELPS ME \o/
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:37   #69
Caj
speed demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
NEVERMIND i just realised my returning fleet will be home pronto, i cna attack again! hurray! scratch my calls for fair play - THIS ACTUALLY HELPS ME \o/

exactly, this helps xans/caths with fi/co, and etd/ter/zik with fr/de out after tick 76 are just screwed

Plz plz PA Team, listen to the community outcry here

either start ticks again and dnt recall fleets..

or rollback to pt 72, pt 36..whatever when u had the backup
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:40   #70
jerome

i am also very fine with tick 72 because my first attacked went laughably bad
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:45   #71
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is great! It means my gal with eta 2/3 incoming is saved, not to mention that people who went out of their way and set research as first priority on engineers to have ships to launch last night now are punished while I'm rewarded for having had construction there instead! So now I'll have as many launches as them, not to mention I'll have 20 constructions in addition to it! Thanks PA team! Don't mind the whining!!

PS! What a silly way to solve this. Who thought up this procedure and why did they think up one procedure for every possible situation that could cause a downtime?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:47   #72
jerome

i believe the cover-all answer for each of those questions is: rampant stupidity
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:48   #73
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
PS! What a silly way to solve this. Who thought up this procedure and why did they think up one procedure for every possible situation that could cause a downtime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
Our Downtime Procedure was placed upon the Portal 8 weeks ago after discussions which Chef has already commented upon. The community as a whole has had 8 weeks to comment on the Downtime Procedure, however we have received nothing against it until now, when it becomes convenient.
Don't tell me you aren't following what happens in the Portal. You had 8 weeks time to do suggestions, qebab! It's a lot more than what we had regarding other lines, such as the stats.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:49   #74
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Caj here...

in my humble opinion there are two options:

1. starting again at pt 72
or
2. starting at 89 with fleets flying

the option of 89 plus totall recall seems not viable to me, because this recall is in no means necessary.

also, i think PA team should reconsider their stubborn behaviour, as it will not make players more receptive to them. Making statements as: ..we made a decision and we stick to it.. are in general not very well received by the players/customers.

It seems that overall the players agree on what the options are... it is now only to you as PA-team to take these arguments into consideration and take the right decision, which logically not will be the one you have made now.

Kind Regards
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:51   #75
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Chef, what purpose does a recall of all fleets serve exactly?
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:53   #76
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Boo Hoo your going to miss our on a few roids. What a shame.

Those of you complaining need to remember your not the only people playing this game and as such decisions cant be taken just to suit you. Now as someone from PATeam said last round a partial recall wasn't possible so its a choice of either a full recall or no recall the only viable option is the full recall.

After all while you may be at eta 4 or below once its roll-back others may not be, that means that they have 24 hours to have defence arranged against them. Also while maybe they were going to be around today to recall perhaps they cant be around from the restart of ticks till they are due to land tomorrow. Or what happens a planet ran their fleet after the rollback point or defence was recalled but those people wont be able to do it tomorrow

PATeam have done what the community wanted and set a procedure in place so we al know what will happen and that procedure has taken the sensible stance of not leaving the rollback being potentially at fault for lots of people losing ships and while it may mean some people losing some roid gains next time these people could very well be the ones who don't lose their fleets because of a rollback nd im sure they wouldnt complain then
What you are saying that it is the lesser of the 2 evils... I can appreiate that. Does it have to be a restart @ pt 89 and a fleet recall?
Is there not a more accomendating solution?

As long as it doesnt happen again
Question for the PA Team...Was it the same bug that happened in the first public beta? and for the record I am not having a go.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:55   #77
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
So because I used to be on the team means I now have to fully aknowledge and endorce everything it does after my departure?

I also by now (or before the annoucements went up if I was online at the time of it happening) would have most likely pointed out a need to adapt and asked why a full fleet recall is needed.

You had that chance while you were in PA Team. (which im sure it was discussed unless PA teams communication really is that bad) I am not claiming you need to back them because you were once there, however, as you were there when the decision was finalised i thought you would have a bit more respect to not come on here now your not PA Team agreeing with some of the community members trying to perhaps get a free green dots to your name.

Now Caj when you say the words 'this isnt last round' This is the point. Do you see the police/government constantly changing their laws every year? They may add a few extra ones in but they dont re-evaluate them every time. The community ASKED PA team last round (there is a thread somwhere if i need to find it i will) Where they demanded somthing be arranged and it be consistant round after round so people who suffered the previous round (ie the attackers being recalled) it would then be consistant if it happend again in future rounds. It isnt fair to change the rule just becuase your now being effected by it. As the PA Team said on the previous page if its been there for 8 weeks why didnt you make a strong appeal in those weeks? And before you say 'becuase it didnt matter then' dont give me that bull. You know as well as any experienced PA Player in PA that its known for its unreliable servers so you knew this would happen when they put this procedure in place. People need to stop moaning and accept it like others did last round.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:59   #78
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

Im sorry but there is a procedure you all agreed to and now there is a problem and the procedure needs to be enforced.

You are all now complaining.

If the procedure is right or not, you all accepted the procedure last round so there for if you think there is or needs to be a change, then make a note of it for round 21, because for this round you all agreed to this procedure so stick to it and stop moaning.

You all wanted a procedure yes? you got one!
You all agreed the procedure when it was written yes? well its now here!
You dont like the procedure? oops! you shouldnt of agreed to it!

I am not happy that we are paying for this game and there is APPARENTLY a new base system for ticks to never break down again, and they have done so what exactly are we paying money for? especialy to break down this early into the game, that realy is poor, bug or no bug the game should never of broken down in the first place! if this is to keep happening then lower the price of the pa accounts to £1 each!
Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:00   #79
Caj
speed demon

willz, i just wanted them to stick to this issue that is all ... and they were argueing about silly stuff like whether omen or ins was in the ally rep channel etc..
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:02   #80
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold

Some people like myself spent resources building ships to arrive at the same time as their attackers, in my case the tick that apparently crashed. With the fleet recalled I don't get the chance to get my res back given it is only 1 tick away and I end up with ships I don't want, and don't get the res from creaming my attacker, screws the start of my round in a big way.

I don't want fleets recalled or I want it rolled back to before I spent the res on an attack thats not now happening.
Thrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:02   #81
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
willz, i just wanted them to stick to this issue that is all ... and they were argueing about silly stuff like whether omen or ins was in the ally rep channel etc..

Yes i agree with that i dont have a clue why thats being discussed in here.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:04   #82
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsGrowl
Im sorry but there is a procedure you all agreed to and now there is a problem and the procedure needs to be enforced.

You are all now complaining.

If the procedure is right or not, you all accepted the procedure last round so there for if you think there is or needs to be a change, then make a note of it for round 21, because for this round you all agreed to this procedure so stick to it and stop moaning.

You all wanted a procedure yes? you got one!
You all agreed the procedure when it was written yes? well its now here!
You dont like the procedure? oops! you shouldnt of agreed to it!

I am not happy that we are paying for this game and there is APPARENTLY a new base system for ticks to never break down again, and they have done so what exactly are we paying money for? especialy to break down this early into the game, that realy is poor, bug or no bug the game should never of broken down in the first place! if this is to keep happening then lower the price of the pa accounts to £1 each!

I agree 100% to your post as its what i am trying to put accross. However, the problem wasnt with the ticker as far as im aware the problem was with the combat engine.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:05   #83
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Agreed. But this, however, has nothing to do with the PA team actually agreeing to do so. As pointed, they haven't, in their past either, been piss all interested in who gets damaged and who doesn't. On some aspects, obviously, regarding the r18 example, a group of players (SEX -block) benefited from the downtime handling (allowing them to defend), so they were a bigger party benefiting, while Omen was the smaller party getting hurt. This is a pretty vain argument, but the point isn't the "majority decides", but that the "PA team decides, no amount of whining, argumenting, or threatening with fleetcatches will ever change it".

As you yourself pointed out, a common sense solution wasn't executed in round 18. I think, during most of the downtimes in the past, common sense solutions haven't been executed (instead, they've been fairly unpredictable and volatile, with no consistent line at all). At least now we have a consistent line, even if it does hurt people. The question is, whether that line needs to be modified to cover more various situations or allow more footage to move on (for example: fleets will be recalled if it seems appropriate). I am in support of the procedure, because it gives something that will certainly happen, and something we can expect when the ticker, as often as it does, goes awol.
The point is, that if we have a solution that PA apply from an unarguable position, it should be the best one. The current solution is clearly not the best, yet we have people demanding its application simply to maintain the authority of PA team. Their authority is irrelevant, the only authority should be that the game is run well, the game takes precedence over everything and everyone.

I have offered a solution that seriously minimises unfairness, keeps a lot of people happy and for those it's even slightly unfair on, gives people sufficient notice to act, and arrange to be online if at all possible because it's at least giving you a chance to do something. If people think they can guess their fleets accurately enough and plan to be online while the game is unaccessible so they can defend in a one hour window for those attacks that might be at ETA 5, best of luck to them.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:06   #84
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Yes i agree with that i dont have a clue why thats being discussed in here.
It was mainly to elaborate the fact that PA team isn't famous of "sensible" descisions, and no matter how much you appeal, sense will not be brought into descisions once the descision is announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
Does this now mean you agree with the fact that you should have paid your two minutes to comment on the procedure when it was being discussed, instead of making a huge cry of it when it hurts you? I bet, a bit like jerome, if it didn't hurt you or affect you at all, you wouldn't be raving here like a rabid bunny crying for justice.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:06   #85
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
exactly, this helps xans/caths with fi/co, and etd/ter/zik with fr/de out after tick 76 are just screwed
racism
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:09   #86
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
The point is, that if we have a solution that PA apply from an unarguable position, it should be the best one. The current solution is clearly not the best, yet we have people demanding its application simply to maintain the authority of PA team. Their authority is irrelevant, the only authority should be that the game is run well, the game takes precedence over everything and everyone.

I have offered a solution that seriously minimises unfairness, keeps a lot of people happy and for those it's even slightly unfair on, gives people sufficient notice to act, and arrange to be online if at all possible because it's at least giving you a chance to do something. If people think they can guess their fleets accurately enough and plan to be online while the game is unaccessible so they can defend in a one hour window for those attacks that might be at ETA 5, best of luck to them.

And our point is you should of made this point 8 weeks ago. Not now becuase you are most likely being effected by it.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:13   #87
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
And our point is you should of made this point 8 weeks ago. Not now becuase you are most likely being effected by it.
What I should be spending my time on planetarion when I'm not playing?

I can't believe you are actually defending a non-sensical policy on the premise of 'oh people weren't there so we're going with the bad solution even though we know we can do better'.

Such a point of view is daft.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:13   #88
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Whilst I understand and agree with a lot of the comments on here in regard to recalls etc. The fact remains that there is a publshed and hitherto (before today) unchallenged procedure that PA team have followed. We should therefore accept that and get on with the game when it starts up tommorow.

My main bone of contention is the amount of downtime and the innacessabilty to the game.

Considering that the fleets are recalled and the problem fixed, there is no reason for a 24hr tick stop.

(and yes I also was about to land)
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:13   #89
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Exactly so please stop complaining now after the desicions you have made 8 weeks ago when you had a chance to say it then, if thats the decision you want, then tell pa team to stick it in the procedure for round 21!
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:19   #90
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
What I should be spending my time on planetarion when I'm not playing?

I can't believe you are actually defending a non-sensical policy on the premise of 'oh people weren't there so we're going with the bad solution even though we know we can do better'.

Such a point of view is daft.
This debate was brought up becuase of the downtime last round. It was agreed upon by the community as the best acition to use as far as i remmber.

As i said me along with many others suffered last round as the same procedure was used that round as it is now. I am backing it becuase people speak of it being 'unfair' well if it was changed to benefit people this round then it will be unfair for the players of last round who lost out. Its an early stage of the round, to me i thought last rounds downtime which was later on and was more important was worse for players such as myself. Least it being this early in the round you have time to of course claw your misfortunes back.

All i am pointing out is this debate happend 8 weeks ago. During last round. We all knew then that would be the final decision. These debates should of happend then. Most likely though the people who are now against it, were probably for it last time becuase they were the ones under attack.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:22   #91
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Hindsight would be a great gift.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:26   #92
Dogs

What i shall say is tho, is for PA team to make sure every 24 hours lost in a game due to this situation, an extra 24 hours should be added to PA game playing time, apart from that, i see this thread finnished.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:26   #93
Caj
speed demon

keizafk:

tbh, i had no idea about these procedures being discussed ..never looked into it nor paid any attention, i shud of, however, that is clear
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:30   #94
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

i'm sorry, we've had the demolition order for the planet earth at the local station for the last 50 years now,....
well if you can't be bothered to leave your own planet and come see it, it's not our problem
(little Hitchhikers refference there, can't remember exact phrasing )

I had no knowledge that this procedure was made,.. maybe you stuffed a leaflet through my door, or in game terms, put a small notice up somewhere,.. but i never knew it was around to read. Maybe i'm alone in that.
I noticed this new hard line stance PA seem to be taken, regarding the stats initially, obviously someones decided the team need to be tougher and stick to decitions,.. had a look at the amount of players in this round? what's the lowest it's been?? lowest i've seen in a while.

But back on track. I agree with most here regarding roll backs, and NOT recalling fleets, or rolling back to tick 72,.. think most people have made that point using a better use of language then i could so obviously that's not going to work,..
I love playing planetarion . Most of the 800 hardcore players around here are still here because they love playing planetarion. And you can keep going how your going,.. if you can find people to replace the ones your driving away with this sort of thing.

My biggest complaint is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. jeeze you had EIGHT weeks to fix the servers and code so that this wouldn't happen in the first place,.. you left to long a gap over christmass, and have paid the price by a lack of players, AND a server/code STILL bugged up with problems.

You've implimented a number of good things this round i've noticed. And thanks and congrats and well done on all of that. But simply agrivating half of the main playerbace this way, and still running a bugged up system, undoes all of that hard work.

None of this will change matters. But i needed to say that.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:32   #95
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Since its so early in the round, would it not be more feasible to grant those who lost out on XP in defence the xp they should have gained. The combat reports should still be in news - consequently they can be dumped from the database and processed seperately, working out which fleets require what xp. Then its a simple matter of adding it to the planets. A rollback is excessive for so early. If it were a few hundred ticks in then I would understand a bit more but not after 90, of which 18 had fleets actually capable of flying. Worst case scenario thats one 'set' of combats and pretending for a second that someone could have gotten eta 8 , another wave on the way.
its still just the one combat report to correct. By all means stop the ticker but no need for a rollback just for the Xp problem.
Now, if the ticker crashes midway through the tick there is i would hope a lot of logging as for what exactly went wrong, where it was up to and so on
Surely its possible to just 'resume' that
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:33   #96
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsGrowl
What i shall say is tho, is for PA team to make sure every 24 hours lost in a game due to this situation, an extra 24 hours should be added to PA game playing time, apart from that, i see this thread finnished.
You either landed an attack before pt 89 or new
welcome to PA if it is the latter
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:37   #97
Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko

I had no knowledge that this procedure was made,.. maybe you stuffed a leaflet through my door, or in game terms, put a small notice up somewhere,.. but i never knew it was around to read. Maybe i'm alone in that.
I noticed this new hard line stance PA seem to be taken, regarding the stats initially, obviously someones decided the team need to be tougher and stick to decitions,.. had a look at the amount of players in this round? what's the lowest it's been?? lowest i've seen in a while.

None of this will change matters. But i needed to say that.
Thats why you should keep an eye on announcments and the portal then you would of realised the procedures, that is no peoples fault other than yours for not reading it, but for this round those procedures are carved in stone because people made it that way for round 20. so its no agrovation to the playerbase, they just agrovated them selves for creating the procedures they dont like.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:45   #98
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Quote:
As Caj points out, there are people who are current ETA 1, ETA 2 and the like who have planned their round start on an early surprise attack, launching at night.
I can't agree more with Lokkens posting.

This crash and suggested roll back has not just cost me a few ticks I have planned my first attack since the round started ticking on Friday. I have been totally sad and been getting up in the middle of the night just to land this first attack. My whole roid initing strategy, engineering priorites and res/cons choices were set to maximize this first attack. Guess what? My first attack went great!

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - all till the early hours paid off.

Goodbye very nice ranking and reward for my efforts.

Wonderful.
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:47   #99
Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz
I can't agree more with Lokkens posting.

This crash and suggested roll back has not just cost me a few ticks I have planned my first attack since the round started ticking on Friday. I have been totally sad and been getting up in the middle of the night just to land this first attack. My whole roid initing strategy, engineering priorites and res/cons choices were set to maximize this first attack. Guess what? My first attack went great!

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - all till the early hours paid off.

Goodbye very nice ranking and reward for my efforts.

Wonderful.
If you try reading the latest posts you will realise this discuss has finnished
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 19:50   #100
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrud
Some people like myself spent resources building ships to arrive at the same time as their attackers, in my case the tick that apparently crashed. With the fleet recalled I don't get the chance to get my res back given it is only 1 tick away and I end up with ships I don't want, and don't get the res from creaming my attacker, screws the start of my round in a big way.

I don't want fleets recalled or I want it rolled back to before I spent the res on an attack thats not now happening.
You are not the only person playing this game, they procedure has to be one that minimises losses on a whole not on individual basis and this is what this does. I mean seriously would you be happy if you hadnt been able to build enough ships to defend had sent your ships away but the rollback would mean your ships were at base and for whatever reason you couldn't be on when the game reopens to send away. Somehow I don't think you would especially if it was later on when you had more ships than you will do now.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote