User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Apr 2003, 12:53   #51
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
All those vacation mode dweebs are pathetic. Nothing but disrespect for you.

During round 5, Xanadu was in a much worse situation, and still we didn't go into vacation mode. You're all spineless.
No disrespect Scorpio but comparing round9 to round5 is living in the past.

Lets look at a few things

Firstly round 5 had about 45k planets most of the time... not players but planets. Round 9 has about 4.5k planets. I was part of round5 and the numbers in alliances are very different too. Wolfpack started with 280 members... its now higher from latest estimates and yet Fury and Legion combined wouldnt have had those numbers. Thats not including the other alliances so now a bash is more concentrated than before and so wars are won and lost much quicker.

Secondly it was relatively unheard of to launch alliance wars early in the round. I know from my cluster that Sid and Colwolfs gal farmed their as#es off early and refused to attack incluster until they had hypergates. This was duplicated through many Legion and T&P gals especially... no I had Biggdogg ingal and we watched the farmers pass us while we attacked and even got kicked out of the c alliance with our allies as TiG was too agressive. These days non-allies are attacked very early and even nuetral gals are hit as soon as people can get enough ships to attack.

Lastly many gals .. Sids and Colwolfs for example as they were in my cluster and both finished top10 had arrangements to pyramid farm their way right until havoc started.

So there was some relief for xanadu in that there were other "targets" for many of the big galaxies to attack. Now ofc farming is "illegal" :e_chick: :e_bunny:

So to summarise the people in xanadu didnt get the intensive bashing that now happens when a side is outnumbered severely.

I believe Eclipse deserves the win regardless as they have outplayed the other alliances politically..... if they do or dont backstab its irrelevant as wolfpack goes, then elysium and tot... well tot may be spared too may "retals" but who knows.

Call it gutless etc but you are talking nonsense if you think xanadu had it harder in round5.

/me gets out the vacation bunny again :e_bunny: :e_chick:
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 14:49   #52
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
~snip~
sorry for snipping it Fred, just a bit too long to quote

Anyway, round 5 situation:
Politics: 2 blocks facing eachother. Nothing more, nothing less. No intervention from third parties, as there were no other parties.
Numbers: with the collapse of NoCeX, it basically left Xanadu to fight alone against 5 primary enemies. I won't deny that Xanadu had some assistance from 3 minor alliances (G-II, MI and Templar or Tsunami) On the other hand, WTF/LE also had their share of backup alliances.

Maybe I'm terribly wrong, but that puts Xanadu is a much worse situation than NaR/VOM was in this round. Because:
They could and should have (ab)used the advantages of a third block. (Look at round 6.)
Most of the 'top' alliances in the game right now are equally strong.

Hmm, ok... Maybe they're not spineless. They just didn't have the brains to pull it off?

And yes, I am in a WEET galaxy. So perhaps it's easy for me to say all of this. On the other hand, I have also attacked plenty of WEET galaxies with ChaoZ, and taken roids of them.

PS. I had incoming from Sid's gal during round 5, first week out of protection. Remember the coords-leak incident? We were attacked almost straight from the beginning onwards.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 15:37   #53
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
Who wants a 3 month game to be decided 2 days out of protection?

I do understand NAR very well, its just sad that more ppl didnt understand where this was going long time ago.

This round isnt worth 1000 hours of hard work, the only thing this game does is underline its irrelevance compared to real life.

The only people that can save this game are the HC of the larger alliances and atm they are not taking this responsabillity very serious.
The way u guys wants it is to making your alliances able to win. And Weet don't feel the same way... they think they should win =)
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:50   #54
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
The way u guys wants it is to making your alliances able to win. And Weet don't feel the same way... they think they should win =)
I know they intend to win in the end. But:
- sharing a victory is less favorable to winning it on you own;
- I think they deserve to win, but why waste another 2-3 months of PA with a stagnated round if we can all have at least some fun in the mean time;
- a victory means more if it's fought over harder (compare Stalingrad to Berlin/Paris/Rome/Prague... in WWII: what victory is more remembered?).
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 19:36   #55
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Actually I think most people couldn't care less what happens to this round anymore. A lot would prefer it to end now rather than weet going to war. The behaviour of a lot of the players in the top gals is so shamefull for people playing a game that it. Seeing those players up there for two more months is hardly a sight that will apeal to anyone not in weet.

hAl
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:05   #56
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
heh....yes...and?

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:47   #57
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm not sure how going into Vacation Mode (and no, I've never done it) is that much worse than simply deleting your planet or going inactive.

The only "bad" thing about it I guess is poor sportsmanship - not letting someone else have your roids. If you've got no roids then it's simply illogical since you may as well log in once a day and buy Harpies (or whatever).

p.s. R5 never had 45k planets did it?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:49   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks

p.s. R5 never had 45k planets did it?

I think it was 15k at the start, that was the highest pay-to-play has ever been.