User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:28   #101
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Just have to put in some other words here.

The "defeat" (although I still don't consider it such) of Vvomm came as more of a surprise to me than most of you could possibly imagine.

As I've said in other posts, others in RaH HC handled most of hte political decisions leading up to this round, so I was even unaware of who we were even allied to come signups time. Now, come tick start I was, I will admit, quite shaky about how things were going to be.

We were entering by choice wholly into a war, when in the previous round we had chosen specifically to avoid one. We were then also entering into a war not only with partners we'd never worked with before (hirr, ND, Ety) but also a partner that some of us had past bad experiences with (NoS, fortunately though since been a nice working relationship). Coupled with what could only be termed as a very loose and general agreement with Weet to hit vvomm, I really was NOT confident come the start of the game.

Now, look at the opposition as it seemd then. Olympians, as far as I was concerned a heavy remnant of Titans (who despite being loudmouthed twats on the boards, are actually capable players), I had been told a good dose of LDK ('nuff said) and a bunch of other known and decent players. Virus alongside, who at the time I was unaware of any r8->r9 problems. Although never a "leading" alliance, one that can (in my opinion) be capable if pointed in the right direction (in this case, Olympians). Then throw in the numbers associated with the rest of the block, MadCows (an unknown and random element), Vision and Ministry (when not eternally picking the losing side, some decent players).

All wrapped up tightly in what would have appeared to be a very well organised galaxy setup.

The galaxy setup in itself posed a considerable threat. The fact vvomm galaxies were claimed to all be pure vvomm suggested near total galaxy control. Even though outnumbered, the prospect of 50 galaxies with full control, not to mention additional BG's with outside members was a daunting one.

Faced off against more members, but spread across a variety of galaxies with varying levels of control and participation.

Given the choice of who to use, I would take 50 active and directable galaxies. I have always been a strong advocate of attack over defence. In this case had vvomm used it's full military offensive potential I do feel it could indeed have pinned down most if not all of narweet. For every incoming from one planet you need somewhere around 2-3 planets to cover it. So by being on the offensive drive Vvomm could easily have negated the numbers difference.

I don't know what happened within Vvomm, I've heard all manner of stories from poor cooperation, to alliances refusing to commit. Things like that factored in with one of the more well known alliances (MadCows, imo at least anyway) being branded on the boards on day 2 as losers, quitters and whiners (hi Rookie) really couldn't have helped.

But still, even with the number advantage I was never once complacent or of the belief we would ever have "easy going" against Vvomm. I am firmly of the belief now that the numbers involved between the blocks was only one factor of many that contributed to what we have now.

Using the theoretical offensive power available Vvomm could have easily focussed entirely on a "keylog" aspect within Weet or Nar and caused chaos quite dandily.

Blaming numbers is easy, but when you start looking at all of the aspects involved, I don't feel numbers was the main reason for Vvomm's apparent failure so far.
We in essence lost in 2 crucial nights. I have explain our strategy before. We were to hit important Eclipse gals to demorilize what we considered the biggest threat on the other side.

What messed up this plans, was the hacking of Titans IRC (Command IRC and IRC of Olympians) + arbiter that went down for 2 days.

In this chaos, our enemys striked first. Also we planned on using paras for attacks, much the same strategy the other side used.

The only problem was that we were fatally outnumbered and managed to get incoming on every galaxy.

In para 3 we had 3 gals and NAHRWEET had a total of 28 gals.

The diffrence between this round and earlier rounds is the average playerlevel. Compared to round 6, the average level is considerably higher and with no hitting of random gals first (they want easy to spot), the consequence of beeing outnumbered to the extent we was, were totally devastating.

And for your information, we didnt have any BG´s working for us with ppl that resided in other gals than our pure VOM gals.

Maybe the the creation of pure gals wasnt our biggest advantage, but our downfall since we got on the defensive.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:31   #102
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess the pure galaxies did depend entirely on being on the offensives.

I wasn't aware a hacking incident had played that much of a role in things either, in which case it really ****ing sucks, heh :/

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:34   #103
RooKie
Boy without a toy

It does :/

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:43   #104
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
We in essence lost in 2 crucial nights. I have explain our strategy before. We were to hit important Eclipse gals to demorilize what we considered the biggest threat on the other side.

What messed up this plans, was the hacking of Titans IRC (Command IRC and IRC of Olympians) + arbiter that went down for 2 days.

I wouldn't blame to much on the hackings though, as same thing happened to other side...
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:44   #105
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
and its also a very common thing in p.a nowadays
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:50   #106
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
I actually blame spinner. Its his fault in that with paras being limited to 10 instead of the previous 25 it meant that any-one with a numbers advantage was bound to win as 1/10 of the uni was in each para and the cluters were 2ndary to paras anyway but the numbers game worked there too.

It was another poorly thought out concept and there should have been just pars or just clusters. 25/cluster alliance is tolerable , 51/para alliance was intolerable. OFC with paras and clusters the nimber game meant that he wanted an expanded number universe to inflate the game so had to have 10gals.cluster and hence 10 paras.

Another stupid tweak that didnt work but he thought was a good idea..... if you blame any-one for PAs death lets blame spinner once again
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:00   #107
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by lrytas
Hi Dready,
actually you are not right. 3 Alliances would not be a block, but 7-8 alliances are. Why the heck can't you play as normal players ? NARWEETETC are taking roids for any looses. To take 71 roid and loose 2 mlns score ? And once again to all others, our galaxy covered most of the incomings before, but it is hard to get defence when you have 14 planets (9 from inside parralel) incoming...
Actually 3 alliances are a block, and 7-9 alliances who arent allied aren't a block.

Lrytas, im surprised to see you buying into the stupidity.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:04   #108
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Actually 3 alliances are a block, and 7-9 alliances who arent allied aren't a block.

unallied ? Shared attacks must be an accident then.

P.S. weet makes 4
________
OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:22.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:11   #109
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
All this crap about "NARWEETFZFSNOOMGFFSNOOBSLOLOL" (I lose track of how many letters Rookie and logbat add to it each time they post) "killing PA". It does a fine job of killing itself, r9 never was going to be fun, nor was it meant to be. It's here merely as a placeholder until round 10, when (so HQ says!) we'll get an all new shiney game with new players! etc and so on
Hehe, well.. as being part of an alliance that take pride in its independecy I have to addmit this round is very terrible. I fear at end of this round we in IPC will only have our core members +/- take a few to go into r10 with. Im not crying over it, we'we been into the same situation before. But its sad to see people leave and go inactive about daily. Most of our members is in random galaxies and well.... I dont think any on the weetnar side would even spent 6 hours in one of them. Many is like ghosttown's, all deserted by its inhabbitants.

Heck, my own galaxy barly hang together, but I survive, I spent playing rounds before with only 2-3 actives in my gal. Its fun to see so much incoming for hardly any roids at all though. Players adding up to 10-20 mill attacking someone barly a mill, now that is ace, oh and the attacking zik fleets with well rounded numbers on their "stolen ships" farm'a'hoy...

Those who blame p2p on why Planetarion is dying have to re-think, I know several who would play and pay. However there isnt remotely fair play at all in this game, and this is the worst round ever for any random/casual player. If they removed the dead/inactive planets already so far this round, I wouldnt be surprised if we was left with a very low number of players.

Planetarion; Created for players, by players to be killed by its players.... wheeeeeeeeeee...

Alright, just a quick rant before I head to work very late and probably get yelled at by the boss
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:12   #110
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
[quote]Originally posted by RooKie
[b]

I never said that anything should be prolonged, why do you insist on lying.

Im sorry, but seeing members of your block running around on the forums admitting to defeat is alot worse for moral than three bad nights.

Weve answered all your questions.

Actually no one created an uberblock. You created a block, weet created a block, Nar created a block. Nar and weet targeted vom. THeyve only done it for 2 weeks. There is no crisis, the round is barely started and certainly not ruined. Wipe your tears up and deal.

"Who panic´d here really?" Obviously you. I havent seen any weet people running around teh forums since right after protection ended.

"You created a block with the size to make sure you would win. "
Once again, you are in a position with the information, and one would hope the judgement to know the truth. Yet you lie, either that or purposely delude yourself. Weet is nnot a block the size of which comes anywhere near garunteeing a win. Weet and Nar are not one block. Anyone who thinks that either weet or nar had any intention of staying together the whole round is really quite dum.

"Is it fun to play a game when you know who will win before it starts?"
So, being part of a 2 block temporary coalition 2 weeks into the round garuntees winning, wow, thats some impressive thinking m8.

"And dont u see the error in your own argument?

We are obviously beaten ONE WEEK into the game. Doesnt that call for a reallity check from your side?"

No one goes into a war, and then stops as soon as they can tell they are going to win. You finish winning, you grab us some roids and you move on if you can. After one week it was pretty clear we were going to beat vom. Now we have pretty much beaten vom and are finishing up gathering the spoils of war. No reality check is needed because no one in weet or nar is operating under the premise that Weetnar need to stay together for a long time to finish off vom. That is an invention in your head.

"Well isnt it time to do something daring then and give us a real game where the winners are not pronounced one week into the round?"

Really, cause you are talking as if the entire round takes place in 3 weeks. Isnt it time? Isnt it time? Its been a week. This is planetarion. Either you just joined this round or you have a really terrible memory if you think 1 week is a long time for massive political moves to be made. Jeez, how can you even take yourself seriously. 1 week passes and you are acting like its been a month.

"Well, thats the essence of the problem, isnt it?"
Yes, your rediculous exageration is a problem.

"Your definition of a block isnt the same as rest of uni. You work TOGETHER with a common goal and cooperate extensivly. "

That is not and has never been the definition of a block. A block is a group of alliances that are allied with each other, and are committe to long term plans. A temporary nap for 1 war has never been considered a block, so i cant imagine where you came up with that. Weet and Nar have no long term comittment. There is no real cooperation. They just try to avoid hitting the same targets, while not hitting each other. There is no mutual planning. No mutual decision making. It is nothing like any block that has ever existed in PA. Yet it is very much like many naps that have.

Its annoying to have to bring it up again, but the EXACT same thing happened in rd 6. And no one even tried to argue that WENXFOS was one block. This is a silly invention along a silly line of propaganda that originated in your heads this round.

"...and for the F and Z, NoS recalls on FAnG gals. So maybe you should check ur "block" a bit closer before you call ppl a liar."

So, supposedly Nos have a deal with fang, that means they are in our block, even if the rest of the bloc hits them.

Im surprised your definition of block doesnt include vom and organizations from other games.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:14   #111
K-W
Bored

Quote:
unallied ? Shared attacks must be an accident then.

P.S. weet makes 4
Keep believing fairy tales lyrtas. It only makes you look more knowledgeable. There are no shared attacks. They are not allied. Its like you guys are making it up as you go along, Ive never heard anyone actually claiming we were allied.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:16   #112
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Again, you got another definition of a block than rest of the uni.

You are NAPed beween the 2 blocks, u have claim paras with eachother, u work for the common goal of killing VOM and you have all paraalliances together.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:29   #113
Petru
mefs

Keystroke etc (spooned the quote tags, cba going page back)
Those who blame p2p on why Planetarion is dying have to re-think, I know several who would play and pay. However there isnt remotely fair play at all in this game, and this is the worst round ever for any random/casual player. If they removed the dead/inactive planets already so far this round, I wouldnt be surprised if we was left with a very low number of players.

There never has been fair play in PA, outside maybe r1, and only then because I wasn't in the round for all of it to say.

P2P was the main reason in decline, but it was only one half of the equation.

Unfair game but free = tolerable
Fair game but pay = tolerable
Unfair and pay = no

The unfairness of PA has always been there, p2p was just the catalyst.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:42   #114
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
There never has been fair play in PA, outside maybe r1, and only then because I wasn't in the round for all of it to say.

P2P was the main reason in decline, but it was only one half of the equation.

Unfair game but free = tolerable
Fair game but pay = tolerable
Unfair and pay = no

The unfairness of PA has always been there, p2p was just the catalyst.
Maybe so, but never before have players of this game been so dead set on killing the game itself as this round either At this phase I doubt there will be a r10 at all, because no matter what the game needs playes and the most obvious source for r10 players is from Planetarion. There is no magic wand to use to get players to flock to Planetarion. Planetarion got popular in its heydays by the players spreading the word, back then it was posetive. Now its just negative **** that fly around. There is no bunnies to pull up of the hat, and I doubt there will be anyone to pick up the remains after Jolt ditches the ugly duckling Planetarion become. But hey, there is always other games to polute and ruin out there right!??
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:45   #115
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
At this phase I doubt there will be a r10 at all, because no matter what the game needs playes and the most obvious source for r10 players is from Planetarion.
You know what, I said the very same thing to HQ when I heard r9 would just be r8 redux.

Know what they said?

I'm sure you can guess

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 07:49   #116
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
You know what, I said the very same thing to HQ when I heard r9 would just be r8 redux.

Know what they said?

I'm sure you can guess
The players kill of the game and the HQ kill of their jobs. Nice going Spinner & Co

Well, time to find another game to spread our wings into. Shouldnt be to hard to convince my peeps about that with the current situation of Planetarion Its on the verge of being hillarious unfunny at best....
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 08:10   #117
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The point is for you to go to the negotiating table and give us a fun round again...
You guys were unable to initiate diplomatic negotiations yourself? Besides since when does the enemy dictate how another side should operate and handle itself?
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Believe it or not you acting like scared little girls won't bring that about quicker. It'll just make everyone laugh at you.
This is so very true (and die you VoM scum for making me agree with Hicks fs )

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:07   #118
lrytas
[LDK] Head

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Keep believing fairy tales lyrtas. It only makes you look more knowledgeable. There are no shared attacks. They are not allied. Its like you guys are making it up as you go along, Ive never heard anyone actually claiming we were allied.
Somehow p5 was hit very hard. Only our galaxy had around 100 attackers, not to meantion some other gals. I had 14 attackers myself. Other bigger vom gals had about same amount attackers (or even more). Smaller p5 vom gals had smaller incs, but still... i do not believe 1 alliance made that attack
________
WEED VAPORIZER

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:53   #119
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
You make me sick you really do, to a certain extent I can see members being scared but an alliance HC doing it when you should be leading the line and showing your members how to take defeat, if I was in Madcows I'd resign.

It would be better to lose every little data bit in the fields marked asteroids and ships that hide in vacation mode abandoning my friends. Kind of reminds me what Sid said would happen to any Fury member who touched the vacation mode button in Round 6, but I doubt any of the VoM guys have the guts to nailed their own HCs who have abandoned them when they finally drag themselves out of vacation mode.

One of the funnier moments of the round.
You are just an idiot. I sort of predicted it a few days ago. Only question that remains if there will follow more. You are so blind that you actually think that this is a good thing whereas you hardly see that the gals now going in vacation mode or deleting their planets mean that this round is the worst ever. No round ever has induced people to go into vac mode after two weeks or to delte their payed for planets.

You are a sad git if you think that is funny.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:01   #120
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
*sits and wonders what the NARWEET cowards are going to do tonight with nowhere to attack....*

heh
triple waving my no roid, retired galaxy by the looks of it..
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:14   #121
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So why is Dovey arguing that you going into vacation mode is good because you won't suck up any defence ?

Oh yea I remeber

Trin you inadvertently caused it all THANKS FOR KILLING PLANETARION MADCOWS !
misinformed broken records like yourself are doing more harm to planetarion then the majority of thoose who play this game for fun.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:24   #122
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
triple waving my no roid, retired galaxy by the looks of it..
heh, sounds about right, having had 10 planets, a whole galaxy, totalling 13.2Million attack my 800k planet the other day and gain what, they were lucky to get 50 roids between em. and my inc wasn't as bad as some members of the galaxy.

fs, come on, break up this 'super block' and lets have some enjoyment back into the game before everyone says 'fk it' and leaves. I certainly know i've had enough crap this round, and it won't take much to make me find something else to do, i hear RL is quite good

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 10:39   #123
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
heh, sounds about right, having had 10 planets, a whole galaxy, totalling 13.2Million attack my 800k planet the other day and gain what, they were lucky to get 50 roids between em. and my inc wasn't as bad as some members of the galaxy.

fs, come on, break up this 'super block' and lets have some enjoyment back into the game before everyone says 'fk it' and leaves. I certainly know i've had enough crap this round, and it won't take much to make me find something else to do, i hear RL is quite good
ofc it is sad that this things happen,but clearly teenwar has some kind of desire to make every single vvomm player leave\fallasleep\go into deletion be4 they even dare to attack eachother

ITS A GAME FS, TAKE SOME CHANCES
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:03   #124
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
ofc it is sad that this things happen,but clearly teenwar has some kind of desire to make every single vvomm player leave\fallasleep\go into deletion be4 they even dare to attack eachother

if the n00bs cant play thats the only way for them to be ^
plans like theese i had in R4 as i started

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:13   #125
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Why would they want to do that, they might actually have some competition then, the round might be fun for some of us, instead of insane overkill bashing.

I've hated Powerblocking since i started playing this game, it sux, whats wrong with good old fassioned alliance on alliance action, without powerblocks, superblocks and anything else thats been 'created' to 'improve' the chances (cos thats basically all powerblocks are for)

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:22   #126
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

If youd just come on and say:
"Ok, were pretty beat up now. We can take a beating and we will fight on, but we hope that the round can improve soon" Wed all agree with you, and maybe even be more inclined to change things. But that fact that youve chosen instead to overblow everything, cry wolf, demoralize your own alliances and then pull vacation mode stunts when anyone without their fingers in their ear can hear the sounds of change coming soon, leaves us will little desire to help you.
I think the initiators of the vac-mode-tactics didn't want to wait until the HCs of teenwar deemed it necessary to cancel their NAP.
That there would be a change in alliance politics soon was rather obvious but it was and still is totally unclear when that is supposed to happen.
Instead of waiting and getting up 5 times a night to see that they are under attack and their alliances' def ships are drained they preferred the vac mode. It is supposed to quicken up your decision making a bit.
It looks like a good method to save your own skin (roids) and although this selfish motive is oneo f the reasons to click vac mode in this case it is not the only one. It is a sign of defeat and a signal to teenwar to think a bit more about the future of the round.
On the other hand this leaves the other VoM gals with even more incomming.

Was it a good strategic move? No.
Is it understandable? Yes.

Laputa

PS: It is always funny but at the same time sad to see how zhil and hicks - silent during rds 6&8 - turn into the same ******** they were on the boards in rd5 as soon as their alliance seems to have the upper hand.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:41   #127
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I've not managed to read any of the thread yet. I shall do that when I get home. But my initial unbiased opinion is that you're all cowards, and are a disgrace to your alliances.

You may think it's tactics, but it's most definately not.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:48   #128
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
You guys were unable to initiate diplomatic negotiations yourself? Besides since when does the enemy dictate how another side should operate and handle itself?

This is so very true (and die you VoM scum for making me agree with Hicks fs )
Talks were initaited as you well know. Some were even started with you but you preferred to remain alouf and cryptic. Your alliance is walking a tightrope in politics as you are well aware and you didnt want some-one pushing you off in one direction or another. Talks have been made with every alliance but each agreed they wanted to eradicate the vom group so that they couldnt attack them later. An extermination plan was all that mattered and you turned away from any talks as did all the narweet group.

Now you like to turn the argument into vom didnt try to change things. A clever tactic but we all know now that weetnars plan was to try and make the vom players quit so they couldnt be a factor later. All vom should vacate and let you play for the "win".

PA has always been a competitive game.... an emotional one and one full of propoganda. I think in this case you are trying to justify yourself and other HCs decision to block as such. Its funny how people wish to make others quit when its not that hard to do so. I am surprised 4.5k planets exist... we all know the actual number of players is less than that and even more so now.

If you think talking is not happening then you are incorrect. VoM cant "win" ofc.... they may influence the result later but I seriously hope weetnar stays together for a week or more as even your members will leave.

Justify your actions ofc but look inside your heart and see if its not true. A winner... heck PA is the loser once again

ps... I blame spinner for most of it ofc
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:54   #129
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I've not managed to read any of the thread yet. I shall do that when I get home. But my initial unbiased opinion is that you're all cowards, and are a disgrace to your alliances.

You may think it's tactics, but it's most definately not.
Cowards implies that their actions are to benefit themselfs but vac mode does not benefit you. It only sets you back for days. It is more giving up the fight/surrendering than being cowardice. Admiiting you lose or surrendering does not have to be dishonourable at all.

Fencesitting is for cowards.
Attacking newbies at 20% size is for cowards
Cheating to get ahead is for cowards
Hacking is for cowards
DoSssing is for cowards
Powerblocking is for cowards
Private gals are for cowards
Backstabbing is for cowards

Vac mode is for people who are weary and tired (and for people on vacation that do not want to cheat)

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:08   #130
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
This is just a pure frustration move 'we aren't in control so we bully you'. They've ruined their own round and only made ours more fun.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:27   #131
Radium-^
Professional Troll

Radium-^ is an unknown quantity at this point
If Legion was still a PA alliance, those vacation gals would be kicked.

Didn't see "fltv" pussying in rd6 so indeed "shame on you".
On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.
Radium-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:29   #132
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium-^
If Legion was still a PA alliance, those vacation gals would be kicked.

Didn't see "fltv" pussying in rd6 so indeed "shame on you".
Indeed OldSkool PA players wouldn't ever do this. Pussy Inc.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:26   #133
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Vacation. Now you truly deserve nothing.

Simply going into Vac and running is shocking. Especially if an HC galaxy has done it. My alliances have taken a fair beating at times in the past yet we've never had to resort to vac mode. To compete at top level requires a bit of mettle and general stamina.
Seems like some have failed :/
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:43   #134
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
This is just a pure frustration move 'we aren't in control so we bully you'. They've ruined their own round and only made ours more fun.
That is funny. All weet player I know are agreeing this round to be totally ****ed up.
Since I spent most of PA in gals with them I know a fair few. Most do not understand why WEET and NAR after seeing their size compared to vvomm in the universe still continued to allie together.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:50   #135
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
Vacation. Now you truly deserve nothing.

Simply going into Vac and running is shocking. Especially if an HC galaxy has done it. My alliances have taken a fair beating at times in the past yet we've never had to resort to vac mode. To compete at top level requires a bit of mettle and general stamina.
Seems like some have failed :/
You just think they should sit there initiate roids for the other side to harvest eh?

Oh and skill, experience, activity have nothing to do with it.
Its like fighting nukes with sticks'n stones. In 1x1 feet square.

Those who compare this round to with past rounds is thick as a brick too. You have to consider the playerbase. Or the lack of that is. When there is no sight of chance to recover, get a rest, whatever. Then you can just as well pull the plug and find something else to do. Wether its to go into vacation mode, delete or just grow inactive.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:59   #136
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
That is funny. All weet player I know are agreeing this round to be totally ****ed up.
Since I spent most of PA in gals with them I know a fair few. Most do not understand why WEET and NAR after seeing their size compared to vvomm in the universe still continued to allie together.
cos they are scared of what might happen and don't want to chance it? why throw away the 'win' now.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:04   #137
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

hAl
Politics don't change overnight sonny.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:06   #138
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
Talks were initaited as you well know. Some were even started with you but you preferred to remain alouf and cryptic. Your alliance is walking a tightrope in politics as you are well aware and you didnt want some-one pushing you off in one direction or another. Talks have been made with every alliance but each agreed they wanted to eradicate the vom group so that they couldnt attack them later. An extermination plan was all that mattered and you turned away from any talks as did all the narweet group.

Now you like to turn the argument into vom didnt try to change things. A clever tactic but we all know now that weetnars plan was to try and make the vom players quit so they couldnt be a factor later. All vom should vacate and let you play for the "win".

PA has always been a competitive game.... an emotional one and one full of propoganda. I think in this case you are trying to justify yourself and other HCs decision to block as such. Its funny how people wish to make others quit when its not that hard to do so. I am surprised 4.5k planets exist... we all know the actual number of players is less than that and even more so now.

If you think talking is not happening then you are incorrect. VoM cant "win" ofc.... they may influence the result later but I seriously hope weetnar stays together for a week or more as even your members will leave.

Justify your actions ofc but look inside your heart and see if its not true. A winner... heck PA is the loser once again

ps... I blame spinner for most of it ofc
If two pm's to me one week into the round moaning about how VoM had already lost and how MadCows had 99% of members under attack every night were the best that Rookie could do diplomatically no wonder you've resorted to such tactics to "get your point across". As I told him repeatedly at the time if he had any serious "offers" he should ask to speak to RaH as a group, not just to me. He has not.

As for "walking a tightrope in politics" and "not wanting some-one pushing us off in one direction or another" if you were approached after 3 days of play by a HC representing a group of very capable alliances claiming already to be dead, would you not as I did have assumed it was all a rouse and been extremely sceptical.

Also please do not generalise, you know better than that. Since when has it been my or anyone in RaH's intention to force people to quit? Besides all this "you're all too cowardly to split" etc is a load of crap, you know it takes time to change things politically, especially when people are caught unawares. I mean who thought, even when out numbered as they were, that such a talented group of players would not only lose, but would give up so very early into the round?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:13   #139
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Somehow p5 was hit very hard. Only our galaxy had around 100 attackers, not to meantion some other gals. I had 14 attackers myself. Other bigger vom gals had about same amount attackers (or even more). Smaller p5 vom gals had smaller incs, but still... i do not believe 1 alliance made that attack
1 alliance? No, I dont know who did the attack. There is cooperation, albiet odd cooperation inside of weet, and inside of nar. Each of them are in fact blocks. Where there is no cooperation, or very very low cooperation at best is between Weet and Nar. So 1 alliances isnt an issue.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:25   #140
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie
We are def whores, but not anymore...
Why not just not take the defence anymore and use it more econically on your members. You then have all the fleets that would otherwise be sent to you, plus your own fleets. You lose roids, stay out of vacation, keep some pride and arn't thought of as selfish cowards. Didn't consider that? No?

Quote:
You are saying we should prolong the war. - Why is that in our intrest when we have no benefit from it?
There are other ways to do that without going into vacation mode. Lose the roids, keep the fleets. It's just common sense and has been successfully practiced since round 1.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred
The game was always going to stagnate with such a large block
This makes it sound like you wanted to start the round, lose on purpose and then point this out. I think a lot of your side did give up way too early.

Quote:
So if i was you 50:5, 42:8 etc. etc etc, then id fkin swallow my pride and go out of vac mode, so what if you lose your roids
They could come out after the 72 ticks, or they could remain for the entire round, it won't matter. They've done it now, the damage is done.

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Cowards implies that their actions are to benefit themselfs but vac mode does not benefit you
It is to benefit themselves. They want a rest, to get a few nights sleep and to keep their roids in the hope that they will have a better chance of keeping hold of them when they come out.

Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
Oh and skill, experience, activity have nothing to do with it.
Its like fighting nukes with sticks'n stones. In 1x1 feet square.
Decent players would keep themselves weak targets and be able to cover a great deal of the incoming with zero out-of-gal defence.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:43   #141
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Decent players would keep themselves weak targets and be able to cover a great deal of the incoming with zero out-of-gal defence.
Genrally incomings are about 3 to 4 times the gals size. With that you can cover only 3 planets really effectivly. 4 or sometimes 5 if you defend the smaller planets in the gal.

Often those defences still lead to considerable losses one a few of the defences on heavy first ticks. But on half the planets you often lose roids if you do not get outside def. If you bigger planets survive with their roids the next night they just send more untill the gal cracks. One planet then just gets incomings than of planets more than the gals worth. Sending in gal def then just gets to risky and you would need to give up all other planets roids for free.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:48   #142
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
It's hilarious that all these high profile alliance players are slinking off into vacation mode after experiencing for two weeks what newbies and randoms have to put up with every round.

I was random in r6, we got hit every night, often two waves. Half the gal quit, and i called them cowards back then as well.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:51   #143
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Again, you got another definition of a block than rest of the uni.

You are NAPed beween the 2 blocks, u have claim paras with eachother, u work for the common goal of killing VOM and you have all paraalliances together.
Again, no I dont. Im using the definition of a block that has existed for 5 rounds. You cant just change the definition in rd 9 just because you want to use it for propaganda. If you were right, than Xetafos was one block. It wasnt.

We are napped. Thank you for payinig attention. Napped =/= allied. THe only time naps are included in blocks is when youve got an alliance in a block that is allied to some and napped to others in the block, or is individually napped to all the alliances in the block.

This is not the case for nar and weet. They are not entertwined. The nap is between two blocks, not between the individual alliance. Youve got two tight groups loosly connected. It doesnt take a genious to see that its not on entity.

As far as killing vom. That is a temporary objective. And they dont so much work together, as just work at the same time. Tehy arent planning together, they arent supporting each other. Simply both attacking vom at the same time, and trying to avoid hitting the same gals.

As far as the C&P, im not sure what you are talking about. C&P allianes are organized by members. They of course invite all non hostiles to thier c & p alliances. FOr the time being Nar and Weet are safe bets to c&p ally with because of the nap. The nap is temporary, so that condition is temporary.

Nar and Weet look, act, are structured, and do everything exactly like 2 blocks napped together.

They don not look, act, or are structured like 1 block.

Any definition of a block that includes Nar and Weet as one block is a ****ty definition.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:22   #144
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Again, no I dont. Im using the definition of a block that has existed for 5 rounds.
Any definition of a block that includes Nar and Weet as one block is a ****ty definition.
You might call it as you like. The fact remains that NaR + WEET have already caused stagnation, and you are not doing anything to change it.
Why? What are your reasons not to end the NAP? I really want to know what's keeping you from starting the war that will bring some action in this game. Because otherwise your victory will be worth a ****.
So far, it is only Eclipse HC that has made obvious their intentions of not breaking this NAP yet. All other alliances (except maybe RaH) have not made any comment about it, have not tried to justify themselves.
I would advise Eclipse to withdraw from the boards for some time, because all their posts so far are only attracting all future hostilities towards their block.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:32   #145
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by Mit

Yes yes yes, I forgot, the AD campaignist Vvomm is still trying to take a moral highground.

We formed a 5 alliance block for the good of PA!

We only had the games best intentions at hand!

If the war were reverse we'd have broken our block up in 5 minutes!

More like...

We got stiffed, don't know how to fight, haved lived off the success of others (this applying almost directly to Virus members), and are now whinging using any excuse that makes us look like angels

And...

Our HC are running with their tail publically between their legs

Jesus H Christ, give it a ****ing rest. You were not some moralistic gods, you were not do-gooders for the game, and you certainly wouldn't have broken up vvomm on day 3 of the game if the situation was reversed. Have a bit of goddamn pride, fight on until the situation does change, start making plans for the big change and take advantage of the situation. Stop whinging and whining on the boards completely demoralising everyone on your side involved and start doing something constructive.

It's already been established across this thread by people from both sides that the numbers wasn't that big of an advantage had vvomm GOT OF IT'S ARSE and gone on the offensive, so stop prattling on about the same bollocks over and over. If you all the the same amount of energy into planning new means, methods and actions that you all have done into your AD bitching campaign, noone would stand a chance,

This really has shown the true character in some people, I just hope those of you on the "ITS NOT FAIR, WE'RE BEING BEATEN *cry cry cry*" bandwagon realise that, because it's going to reflect on a lot of you for a while to come should you want to find a new home anytime soon.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:55   #146
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
You could argue that you will now no longer be a drain on defence for your alliances.

However, you are not small planets. Therefore, you could have made a large difference to your alliance by just using your fleets to defend them. Do you also honestly think that as soon as you come out of vacation, your not going to be hit and hit hard ?? You would have been better off deleting your planets. You would have earnt more respect.

On another issue,

I do notice only Oly HC have made an Official statement about all of this.

Where is the official stance of Virus and Madcows ?

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:24   #147
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
i'll just start to say i'm ashamed i've done this and i've told my alliance i would quit them if they asked me. as i seriously hated this.
i told my gal (when my own hc joined the galroom) i wouldn't do it and i got a call at 3 o'clock at night or something that we were to be waved down untill we had no fleet and no roids. after being called lots of names and all i couldn't care anymore and i just pressed the buton.

i would however like to comment on the statements that i was a def whore... well i'm the first to admit i am a def whore but infact this round i doubt i've had more then 5 fleets deffing me from my alliance all round. and i have had my share of incoming. most my defence was actually from narweet. so saying i was a strain on my alliance is bs as i gave a hell of a lot more defence then i got. also as necro posted somewhere we attacked narweet every day which should have helped alot with the war.

(just in between) being called lame by people like theamion is quite funny if you know anything about his playing style. which he infact always says he'll do anything for his ranking.

now as for my roids, as everyone thinks i done it for that only, i hold no illusion that i won't be roided down to the ground as soon as i come out.

i've said i wouldn't do it... and i actually ment it and wasn't planning on it as i have to agree it's a disgrace to the alliance but ahwell..nothing i can do about it now anymore.

now it's only up to narweet hc to actually do something in terms of a real war so have fun.

have fun flaming me, and sorry for the people i let down
and no none of this is an excuse.. the whole vacation stuff is lame.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:35   #148
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i dont know which attack you mean, but the time my galaxy launched at you, with our BG, we took 2 targets each galaxy. that means 5 planets on each planet. not so good odds for you, but far off from 100.
anyway, maybe it was not one alliance, but 1 block
not so good roids tho :/
somehow people act like retards when stuff gets too easy or too hard \o/
fiddler123b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:45   #149
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by fiddler123b
i dont know which attack you mean, but the time my galaxy launched at you, with our BG, we took 2 targets each galaxy. that means 5 planets on each planet. not so good odds for you, but far off from 100.
you sure as hell weren't only one attacking us

we've had 4 waves from several alliances first day attacking started heh that alone was prolly 60/70 enemy fleets... and that wasn't one of the biggest attacks...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:47   #150
lrytas
[LDK] Head

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
1 alliance? No, I dont know who did the attack. There is cooperation, albiet odd cooperation inside of weet, and inside of nar. Each of them are in fact blocks. Where there is no cooperation, or very very low cooperation at best is between Weet and Nar. So 1 alliances isnt an issue.
Quote:
Originally posted by fiddler123b
First of all do you know my planet coords eh ? Secondly, i myself had 14 attackers, gal had around 100. + As i said earlier there were ALL OF P5 TOP VOM GALS UNDER ATTACK also with big incomings. And i doubt that 1 block did it.
________
Buy Roor Bongs