User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Feb 2003, 05:19   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
What does it take to build a good alliance?

Since AD is rather dull at the moment...

What does it takes to buil a good, succesfull alliance?
What is most the most important factors?

One that I have noticed is a good, strict recruitment policy.

Disucss

(to Zhil, if you post the normal "r5 wrath 0wns y00 all" stuff, I will delete this thread ASAP, that goes to any other who tries to f*** it up too )
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 05:35   #2
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
a tignt-knit bunch of people who work well together at the HC. they need to be intelligent, mature, and charismatic (your dealing with people here)

a knowledgable, dedicated staff of officers who will do what it takes to get that last planet launched upon, or get that last planet covered

not nessisarilly skilled members (it does help though) as people have the ability to learn. give a guy a chance to attack and be defended, and anyone can do well. at the member level, they have to just be a good buncha people to be around. HC / Officers wont wanna do all that work for people they think are weenies.
everyone within the alliance should have a relativly similar stance on the univserse. PRIDE AND LOYALTY IS A MUST AND CAN MAKE OR BREAK AN ALLIANCE
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 06:08   #3
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
bah

weve always had dedicated members/officers/hc

irrelivant though
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 06:51   #4
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Allfather
so basicly Aaranaf. Virus became "good" when logbat joined it?
Or when Irvine left?
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 07:17   #5
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
dedicated HC that can work communicate with the memebers or at least tell them wat is happennin
members that are active
in many ways i think the individualism of the HC and officer can affect drasticalli how a alliance suceeds ie their personality and things lyke that

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 07:26   #6
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
A group of people consisting mainly of people who want to play* Planetarion.

*Actively
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 08:06   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
  • Team players; people who are concerned with the overall status of the alliance as a whole moreso than their own planet.
  • An environment people want to be a part of. The alliance won't reach it's fullest potential if nobody is happy being there, regardless of how many "good players" you have. Community spirit is paramount.
  • Active officers who have the time/energy to make things happen. An alliance is only as good as the people running it, and those are the officers. They make it all happen. If they aren't around enough, or can't follow through, the ship won't sail.
  • A good recruitment policy. Not only should you have a fairly reasonable application form with questions about the person's PA history, but also about their character--and references. Following up (talking to their references) is key. Using a 'vouch' system is reccomended.
  • A developed website. Having forums is one thing...but having a website, you can add in features that help greatly--little things that save time and hassle, and add conveniences for your members.
  • Private IRC server. I don't think any alliance worth it's salt trusts PANet, or ever will. That aside, having your own IRC network allows greater freedom and flexibility. It's your space, to do whatever you wish
  • A HC that works well together. Having people who don't know each other too well, or haven't spent enough time together before can create internal problems that will soon translate into HC communication problems. Not to say they need to think alike; they simply need to be able to work out issues effectively, and be open-minded.

I'm sure there's tons more, but I can't think of anything else atm. I'll ad more if I think of it.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 08:14   #8
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese

I'm sure there's tons more, but I can't think of anything else atm. I'll ad more if I think of it.
Women. You need women.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 08:19   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, hook up some chicks and your alliance is guaranteed to win.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 08:29   #10
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
A group of people consisting mainly of people who want to play* Planetarion.

*Actively
I don't think anyone has posted this answer to this question before, but I am suddenly struck by how correct it is.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 09:46   #11
Orlandian
VisioNary

Orlandian is an unknown quantity at this point
a good alliance needs skilled leaders who are approachable and able to have fun. as for members the need to be able to have a good laugh ... pa skill is not important but sure helps often these players will provide a good laugh for everyone else but i think that most importantly is that everyone supports each other and have fun
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 10:33   #12
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Either a group of very good players who can cooperate, or a larger group of mediocre players that are willing to strictly follow orders.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 11:13   #13
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Edit
What's the point of making a post which consists entirely of a quote of the post immediately preceding it with no new content at all?

Post something original or don't post at all
- Rob

Last edited by ComradeRob; 19 Feb 2003 at 11:18.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 12:18   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Comrade Rob.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 12:31   #15
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Friendly people, some who know how to play and the more important thing... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 12:45   #16
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Really sick, twisted, and demented minds.

Perverse and disgusting plots.

Megalomania disguised as benevolent intentions.

And most of all, a white fuzzy mascot.

NAME THAT ALLIANCE!

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 13:03   #17
Wakko
Hackmetzler

Wakko is an unknown quantity at this point
The most important thing is that u have a leader of your alliance, who has the whole power and everybody obeys. The Techies, The HCs, the officers and the members. Without a strict rank order, which everybody accepts an alliance powerless. This can be fun based, or by power.
No1 has more power than the leader, everybody follows him. We do
22/02/2003 22:10 GMT

Subject: Your galaxy banner

Your galaxy banner is found unacceptable and has been reset by one of the admins..

ToT HC - Überbringer von Marduks Zorn
http://www.ng-gallery.net/view.php?nick=Wakko <- attention!!!! ToT-link
Wakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 15:03   #18
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point
Within an alliance you have to have a lot of fun...´that's the main thing and then there has to be a few leaders that are charismatic and can get all members to accept the decisions they make.
One important thing is that members should not think too alike. Different opinions start discussions which can lead to improvements, and improvements are always needed. Once the idea of an improvement is there, it has to be worked on (officers).

But first there's a lot of work to get up the necessary things, the day-to-day-running of an alliance... such as attacks and defence.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 15:23   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
In my opinion, the HC and Officers need loyal active pe0ns or else everything goes to pot. Mates can do well without HC, but HC need pe0ns.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 15:24   #20
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wakko
The most important thing is that u have a leader of your alliance, who has the whole power and everybody obeys. The Techies, The HCs, the officers and the members. Without a strict rank order, which everybody accepts an alliance powerless. This can be fun based, or by power.
No1 has more power than the leader, everybody follows him. We do
How really not true. This might well work for some alliances but probably not for a lot of others either. It is a very militaristic hierarchic structure which has some advantages in alliance play but can also be bad for several reasons.

If you main leader stops there good well be void nobody can fill or even a powerstruggle for that position splitting your entire alliance.

Also people who disagree with that single leader will often move out of the alliance very quickly and those might well contain a lot of good players as well.

Generally I would find that a few leaders is just as good or even better as long as they do not interfere with each other and work towards the same goals. So if you have a few HC that can work together well that is even better than only one. Only thing that is really important when you have several leaders is that can work well together and they have some synergy when woring together where they cover eachothers week points and use each others strong points. So in that way having only one strong man in an alliance is the easy solution but for the long run I would certainly have a go with shared leadership.

hAl
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 15:44   #21
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Active this, yada that, ranks bladargh.

All means rubbish fk all if you dont get along within the alliance.
A couple of rl-buddies, a meet or two with lotsa beer, a dedicated sexx0r-hc-person that can reveal you from any tensions you might build up during a round.

You need to HAVE FUN, and LAUGH every now and then.

Activity, l33t persons and strict ranks means NOTHING if you dont enjoy your time online.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 16:52   #22
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
NAME THAT ALLIANCE!
Too **** to be worth mentioning.

Hobbierogue had it right. People who want to play actively is all you really need. If you want to take it a step further you need good BCs. People can moan all they want about neat tech tools and fancy linked servers, but good BCs will take you infinitely further than anything else. You can even run a successful alliance off PAnet.

Jester
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 17:26   #23
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Loyalty.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 17:37   #24
Mtyd
Youngest ViruS Member!!

Mtyd is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go with what aaranaf said, not nessaserily 'good' PA players.

1) Communications is vital in an alliance.
2) Loyal members/Determined Oficcers/HC
3) THE GREED TO WIN :P
Round 4: n00b 243:8:24
Round 5: NoThere
Round 6: NoThere
Round 7: vVv
Round 8: [=V=]
Round 9: [=V=] 20:10:1
Round 9.5: SpaceHamsters 12:3:9
Round 10: ViolatorS
Mtyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 17:40   #25
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
i would say active good command , loyal core, friendly and fun

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 17:47   #26
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
1. a decent site
2. a nice community, with a strong staff.
3. well organised IRC chans.
4. active and smart BC's.
5. women.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 17:48   #27
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: What does it take to build a good alliance?

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov

Disucss

(to Zhil, if you post the normal "r5 wrath 0wns y00 all" stuff, I will delete this thread ASAP, that goes to any other who tries to f*** it up too )
Amusing you discount r5 Wrath when it had a good example of how a community is vitally important to an alliances success.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 18:05   #28
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
1. a decent site
5. women.
Winner.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 18:26   #29
The Globe
Genieten in een Teug

The Globe is an unknown quantity at this point
clearly women
r1 - 17:23:6 [TFD]
r2 - 50:9:20 [TFD]
r3 - 21:24:17 [NOS]
r4 - 290:25:3 [Xanadu] {44: Might of Rome}
r5 - 28:16:24 [WPO] {58: Lothlórien}
r6 - 28:11:18 [Titans] {33: Honour & Loyalty}
r7 - 17:6:6 [Titans] {18: Honour & Loyalty}
r8 - 26:2:9 [Titans] {4: Grumpy Gits}
r9 - resting
r9.5 - 46:7:19 [LDK] {2: The 7 Deadly Sins}
r10 --> PLT r7 - 14:5:8 [OuZo] {1: Horny Roiders}
The Globe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 18:30   #30
Zitos
vole vo koshe avec moi?

Zitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: What does it take to build a good alliance?

Quote:
Originally posted by Zhil
Amusing you discount r5 Wrath when it had a good example of how a community is vitally important to an alliances success..
You did'nt quite get it (-:
Come with the recepie, but not the: we were so greate, bla, bla, bla thingy.. (-:
round 3 :: 037:20 -- [trg] "judge dean of zitoz"
round 4 :: 236:17 -- [trg] [reborn] "gambler zitoz of deaths casino"
round 5 :: 025:20 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of stolen roids"
round 7 :: 015:07 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of ldkbots"
round 8 :: 028:07 -- [trg] [nfu] "i am tired of this"
round 9 :: 049:09 -- [wolves] [attitude] "i couldnt think of a fancy planet and ruler name"
Zitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 18:40   #31
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
people you are friends with.

The rest is irrelevant.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 20:05   #32
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
[funnycomment]

allies

[/funnycomment]
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 05:14   #33
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
1. a decent site
5. women.
A HC daft enough to play....
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 10:25   #34
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Basically you need....

Kjeldoran
Cray
Flufner
hinch
wintah
q-wulf
fridge
durandal
raek0ne
crash
jinxy
chromlech

... and me ofc ^^

If you can get Lockhead, dudgae, and FeNiX as well, you r done
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 11:32   #35
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by LEFF|pm
snip
rofl, nice one LEFF

we seriously need lockhead to buy the damn game

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 16:11   #36
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: What does it take to build a good alliance?

Quote:
Originally posted by Zitos
You did'nt quite get it (-:
Come with the recepie, but not the: we were so greate, bla, bla, bla thingy.. (-:
I think you didn't get it

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 16:22   #37
Zitos
vole vo koshe avec moi?

Zitos is an unknown quantity at this point
I realy dont want to argue, because from experience i know my bad english will carry me just deeper in to the ****.. As so often before.. I am just having a hard time expressing my self.. ..
round 3 :: 037:20 -- [trg] "judge dean of zitoz"
round 4 :: 236:17 -- [trg] [reborn] "gambler zitoz of deaths casino"
round 5 :: 025:20 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of stolen roids"
round 7 :: 015:07 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of ldkbots"
round 8 :: 028:07 -- [trg] [nfu] "i am tired of this"
round 9 :: 049:09 -- [wolves] [attitude] "i couldnt think of a fancy planet and ruler name"
Zitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:11   #38
jleedham

jleedham is on a distinguished road
hmm let me see

Well in my time playing PA i have been directly involved in the creation of at least three allainces and in the running of numbers of others, and have found that the things such as having 1337 players and BC's etc etc are not actually the things that in the begining when building the alliance are all that important.

The most succesfull alliance that i had anything to do with was with out a doubt PHNX, those of u who knew this alliance will know that the thing that above all else helped its success was the string sense of community within the alliance.

The friendships and loyalty founded in that alliance are still present today and have in the rounds since PHNX collapse still proved them selves in alegiances made netween other alliance's with two ex-phnx members in it.

I have personally found that above all else this is the one thing that in the beging is most important, u can have the greatest BC's in the game at ure disposal, but if there is no community there then the alliance will fail. the BC's etc need to come after u have established that fisrt foundation block.

the second most important thing, whcih follows directly on from the community aspect, is loyalty, the biggest obsticale that u will face as a new alliance is ure talented and respected players being recruited into the likes of legion and fury. There is nothing more infuriating than building up ure alliance, having a couple of gals and players in the top 100, doing well and then having all ure top players poached. One or two of ure players joining the big alliance's is a bonus as this may gave u a way into political talks with these big name players and this in turn can advance ure alliance further, but to many and u end up stagnating.

well thats my 2pence worth anyways.....

Jsar

Have You Growled At The Badger Recently?
jleedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 18:23   #39
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
1. Competent HC with a common goal or at least with goals that are easily combineable. HC needs to include military experts, people competent at poltics, diplomacy and propaganda, and at least one just generally nice person that can care for the alliance comunity and make sure HC and alliance stay a unit.

2. Active members that trust in the competence of HC but are capable of thinking on their own. Ideally at least some of them should be good and active enough to help as officers etc.

3. A team of competent BCs/DCs that can organise defence all around the clock, and members that are capable of organising defence on their own if there is no BC/DC around

The rest is unneccessary but can of course help.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 19:04   #40
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
heh, i notice most of these ''good" qualities are the same that I find in my galaxy and found in it back in r6. too bad we lost the woman :/ (hf with captdrak streetwalker )
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 01:51   #41
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Dont forget to get an AD MoD so they can only have propoganda that suits your alliance and the ability to delete anything they dont agree with or know about.

Also have crew in your pocket to delete enemies when they look like putting up a good fight or beating your best players.... I think we all know an alliance that use to fit that bill ..... Feel the ????
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 01:54   #42
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
Really sick, twisted, and demented minds.

Perverse and disgusting plots.

Megalomania disguised as benevolent intentions.

And most of all, a white fuzzy mascot.

NAME THAT ALLIANCE!
DUES
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 02:08   #43
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
Dont forget to get an AD MoD so they can only have propoganda that suits your alliance and the ability to delete anything they dont agree with or know about.

Also have crew in your pocket to delete enemies when they look like putting up a good fight or beating your best players.... I think we all know an alliance that use to fit that bill ..... Feel the ????
bitterness doesn't become you

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 02:55   #44
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by LEFF|pm
Basically you need....

Kjeldoran
Cray
Flufner
hinch
wintah
q-wulf
fridge
durandal
raek0ne
crash
jinxy
chromlech

... and me ofc ^^

If you can get Lockhead, dudgae, and FeNiX as well, you r done
or

Queendax
killghost
ghengis
axis_wlf
frucht
focht
carson
slash
satanis
ak'shen
Game
hicks(when he works he works well)

and not without germania,nadval and a few others :-)

^^ would be an interresting team in someone could pull em together, but there arent many people who could especially sicne most have retired hehe
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 02:57   #45
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock

oh dear.

oh dear oh dear.

oh dear oh dear oh dear.

oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear

oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear

oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 04:59   #46
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"like the murphys"
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 13:54   #47
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

luck
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 03:39   #48
Cochese
Retired

Thanx Jester

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 11:39   #49
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, thanks Jester for removing my post and making a new thread, and making it look like I started a new thread just to have an argument.

Which I didn't, and never would.

It was a perfectly valid point.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 12:57   #50
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Yeah, thanks Jester for removing my post and making a new thread, and making it look like I started a new thread just to have an argument.

Which I didn't, and never would.

It was a perfectly valid point.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote