User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jan 2003, 23:56   #1
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
HaHaHa

I see Zues just officially announced its p2p

http://home.planetarion.com/news.php?id=80

Good luck.... I wont play in a universe of abt 2k planets or less.... p2p is not going to make a bigger universe and rnd8 was bad enough being small but rnd9 will be tiny.

Only option was free to enourage more ppl to try it but who would play a game untried and pay for it when there are free clones around. PA may have been great once but p2p isnt the right option.
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 23:59   #2
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
<Hicks> means if you pay for round 9 you will be entitled to money off round 10 subscription fees
<Hicks> thats a bit gay
<Minty> heh
<Minty> indeed
<Minty> pa is a bit gay though
True.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:01   #3
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
R10 is also p2p and as such getting smaller.... *sigh*
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:04   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Clusters and parallels??

So no one at all is going to get any sleep this round...

Request: Please whatever the galaxy formation turns out to be, if your going into a private galaxy, TRY and keep that galaxy one alliance. Do not mix alliances in a galaxy as it can lead to stagnation for all players

That's incredibly naive Zeus...I can't think of anything to say that's not insulting

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:06   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
heh

'pld' to Zeus post, if they dont explain more throughoutly at todays CH im gettting a bit pissed off :P
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:08   #6
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Lemme see if i get this correctly.

You made us pay for round 8 wich we didnot get to finish, and those FEW willing to wait till round 9 and play it are gonna have to pay again?

Pay to Play
No way.
I am out
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:09   #7
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
This is one of the badest jokes about PA... and the final one....

P2P has deterred more players than one ever can think of and now, after one month of talking about a free R9 to bring it back to life, this is the final nail to PA's coffin.

Was fun a while ago
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:14   #8
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys still need to realise.

They don't give two tosses if you quit for r9. They don't care if r9 has 17 players, Killmark and 400 bots. None of it is important.

What is important is a clean slate for round 10, TEN not NINE. Round 10 will be (apparently) that different, that huge, that enthrawling that it's own wait and a fat load of cash on advertising will create it's own player base.

Complaints about round 9 being p2p using reasons such as "hahaha you lose customers" will fall on deaf ears.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:15   #9
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
reading these posts is enough to make anyone quit....
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:15   #10
Glimer

Glimer is an unknown quantity at this point
eeem

whiners whiners whiners
its 8 euros ;p
not teh end of teh world ya know,if i was teh creators i wouldn't work for free either ffs.They also got a family to take care off ya know

OwNaGe!

btw,stupid name of mine but Glimmer was taken! so i had to change something!bah!
Glimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:17   #11
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
hehe, the request is just funny

Its one of those "We know private gals will fk things up and most likely cause stagnation due to alliances/naps but we dont support powerblocking" disclaimer.

As for P2P *shrug* nothing we can do about it (apart from hope there are free random accounts :@~)
________
Taunus

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:26.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:20   #12
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru

They don't give two tosses if you quit for r9. They don't care if r9 has 17 players, Killmark and 400 bots. None of it is important.

What is important is a clean slate for round 10, TEN not NINE. Round 10 will be (apparently) that different, that huge, that enthrawling that it's own wait and a fat load of cash on advertising will create it's own player base.

Complaints about round 9 being p2p using reasons such as "hahaha you lose customers" will fall on deaf ears.
i didnot forget paying for round 8 and not being able to finish it.
So how about giving those who played round 8 free access?
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:23   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I have NO problem paying; I've always said PA is worth more than the $10 they charge per round.

What I DO have a problem with is some of the changes listed in the announcement, specifically parallels/clusters (goodbye sleep).

I'd also like to know the ship stats, and if the problem with Xan has been taken care of. The last thing I want to see is every planet in the damned universe Xan, and all having a ridiculously low ETA to each other.

If they're trying to drive away the existing customers, they're doing a dandy job.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:24   #14
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid
i didnot forget paying for round 8 and not being able to finish it.
So how about giving those who played round 8 free access?
so you missed 3 weeks of play, its not Zeus' fault, not Spinners fault, not Jolts fault, I dont want to pay, no-one does, but you have to see the facts. read petrus post.
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:24   #15
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

the thing is tho

round 10 will be p2p too, zeus just said so (implied it, whatever)

no matter how good it is, they're not going to get that many people on the internet to pay money for some game they've never heard of before

only people who have heard about PA or played it before will.

but if like you said there are hardly any players in round 9 then where are all the needed new players going to come from? everyone who quit telling there mates "nah, don't bother, it's gone **** and i won't ever play again" is hardly going to encourage ppl to play is it?
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:28   #16
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese

What I DO have a problem with is some of the changes listed in the announcement, specifically parallels/clusters (goodbye sleep).
indeed :/ i like my bed hopefully pa will be accessable by wap

lets hope it is a good discount for r10

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:30   #17
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
heh

if p.a waas 30 dollars a round i would still pay (:

or mebbe not, but 10 dollars is dirt cheap and im just waiting for r9 now

get rid of the powerplayers and moaning fecks

here i come!!!

Isil
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:34   #18
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
agreed with Cochese on para/cluster situation, but dont see why paying a few measly £/$/euros has such an affect that they cant play PA:smiley1:
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:35   #19
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
One more thing, PA is still the best online game around IMO
Ultores
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:35   #20
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

My complaint was about R10 being P2P.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:43   #21
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
MY problem with p2p is not the money. Some euros for 3 months fun is no big thing. MY problem with p2p is the damn tiny and thus sleeples, over-competitive universe it has led to. Another round of p2p won't help it. Simple.
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:43   #22
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
This really was surprising for me. I would have thought that it will be a free round so the memberbase could grow a bit. I guess Jolt would loose too much money with a free round.

Paying has never been a problem for me. I just hate to play in such a small universe.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:43   #23
Mesiaz
evil witness

Mesiaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
How much sleep we will get will always depend on the base eta. If they raise the base eta by lets say...2 (ie meaning that the lowest possible travel time for a roiding fleet in-c would be 7 (xan vulture fleet), and lowest possible tt for a roiding fleet in the uni would be 9, etc.), I really do think this game would be alot better. Sure, it would be a heck of alot easier, but it would also be playable for alot more users.

(Raising of base eta by 2 is just one way to do this of course..another scenario could be to raise the etas in the uni, in-cluster and in-parra, but keeping the usual low eta in-gal...which, yes, would make this game alot easier, which in my eyes are much needed since the downfall of this game has been it's extreme requirements.)

Quote:
I'd also like to know the ship stats, and if the problem with Xan has been taken care of. The last thing I want to see is every planet in the damned universe Xan, and all having a ridiculously low ETA to each other.
Well..what you first notice about the shipstats used last round is the unbalanced xan race..so I'm trying to have faith in this game's managers to notice that too...but at the same time I also have in mind who I'm putting my faith in...
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 01:05   #24
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Bringing back the low etas are great, however low eta's along with overburn != good.
________
Versailles

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:26.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 01:18   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it's such an uninspiring announcement, tbh.

round 9 will now be such a non-event, along with round 10, as by then, the players will all have gone.

I hope that randoms are made free and unlimited, sharpish. This game is crying out for new players, with fresh enthusiasm. Planetarion requires a large amount of players for it to actually qulaify as an enjoyable, challenging game. Oh and only clusters with reduced travel time, with 15 member gals accross the board because that new system is only going to be extra things to worry about, considering the effort required for winning.

The experienced players will pay, although I suspect only if it is on their own terms and if it is actually worth playing. It's amazing what they know about the game merely by playing it round after round; they're far better and more experienced than betatesters for other games - I advise that the creators listen.

(Overburn should also be got rid of; it's a **** tactic that creates stupid dis/advantages)
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 01:27   #26
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
Oh and only clusters with reduced travel time, with 15 member gals accross the board because that new system is only going to be extra things to worry about, considering the effort required for winning.

The experienced players will pay, although I suspect only if it is on their own terms and if it is actually worth playing. It's amazing what they know about the game merely by playing it round after round; they're far better and more experienced than betatesters for other games - I advise that the creators listen.

(Overburn should also be got rid of; it's a **** tactic that creates stupid dis/advantages)
Ultores
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 02:28   #27
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
Bringing back the low etas are great, however low eta's along with overburn != good.
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 02:29   #28
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
And it was hard enough to get roids last round, I can't imagine how much fun it's going to be with lower eta defence for clusters and parallels.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 02:34   #29
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
Guess i'll be playing as a scan planet then, no point in playing properly. Unless ofc a gal made up of usa/aussies want a couple of euros in it to get defence on the off chance an attack is made at a time i am not asleep.

With the almost certain probablilty of hardly any players next round will the owners have a problem is i multi? i have not done that (or acount shared) so its about time i cheated. With the lack of accounts next round i am sure my extra cash will make up for my lack of skill. (just means i got more roids i farmed/took using multi to escort, to take off me when i am asleep)

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 02:36   #30
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm you guys react way to much. Zeus said there would be para and cluster etas. He did not say what they would be. Perhaps it will be -1 defence in cluster and -1 attack in para. Perhaps all pods in this game will be eta 10 now. Your all jumping to conclusions.

By the way did you all fail to notice the term "subscription fees" I don't think I have ever seen that term used when talking about payment for PA. Although I could be wrong. That does kinda imply some type of monthly or yearly fee rather than a 1 time payment.

See now I am jumping to conclusions
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 02:54   #31
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
creators/zeus -joke of the week....
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 04:32   #32
PureviL
robdash!

PureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to behold
para's

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
And it was hard enough to get roids last round, I can't imagine how much fun it's going to be with lower eta defence for clusters and parallels.
But Scouce, you forgot, with the 2 clusters r9 will have like this, parallels only consist of 2 galaxies so they won't do much harm eh?

R.I.P. Planetarion
It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the 80s, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
PureviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 05:08   #33
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm still waiting for the announcment that R9 accounts will cost $50 a pop

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 06:21   #34
[Cymru]
Lord of the Sheep

[Cymru] is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Funny that. Complaints have been falling on deaf ears for 8 rounds now!!!

:xmas: