User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Aug 2005, 02:21   #1
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about
Stealing babies, dogs and cats

Last edited by SkyHead; 24 Sep 2005 at 21:22.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 04:26   #2
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: Stealing babies, dogs and cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
I was not planning to answer to this propaganda, however the use of it has seem to be of more extent then I originally thoguht.

I can start with why we left Insomnia, however I feel this is not a matter for the community
but my bg and my bg only.

FLAME
;]
I sumed it for the lazy people.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 04:32   #3
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm interested in SkyHead's honest view on 1up. I wouldn't mind knowing where the anti-1up stems from in order for to psychological analyze the effects of ourselves onto the poor populace. He seems to speak about LCH with so much regard.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 04:54   #4
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I'm interested in SkyHead's honest view on 1up. I wouldn't mind knowing where the anti-1up stems from in order for to psychological analyze the effects of ourselves onto the poor populace. He seems to speak about LCH with so much regard.
Fair question.
1up is the stronger force in this game, no doubt about it, if we werre to let the best alliance win everyone would have a boring round, including 1up, I really hope you would think that'd be boring.

You have proved your force very much this round, sometimes holding off the level of incs you HAVE had, 1up has played a very great round, infact there is no ally that has played better then you this round, but should we give up and let you win?

My hates comes of respect.

And my hate is artificial, I got nothing against 1up people, I just want 1up the evil mushrooms to die, its a competetive hate
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 08:11   #5
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

I think one of the most concerning things for Reunion should be a point you refer to on many occasions. The fact you so often refer to your BG and Insomnia as two different entities so often shows the level of committment I think was evident throughout your time with Jonas and his crew.

If there was ever an attitude that was sure to crush an alliance it's this. Throughout your post it's obvious you never saw yourself as a team and that the only thing you were doing was taking your BG to insomnia to use as an extra def pool and when this wasn't appearing you spat the dummy.

On defence I feel as though I have to ask a question:

If there was no-one offering fleet to cover "2/3 calls per hour" then where was all the fleet from these dS members that you claimed defended so much? Is it the case that your members were equally as poor at defending as the rest of Insomnia or were your members covering each other and hoping to top up defence from Insomnia? Either way it doesn't look too good for you. It means that your members are either entirely selfish or no different from the rest of the alliance you were slandering.

If ever an AG had this kind of attitude within the ranks of 1up they wouldn't have had chance to split of their own accord. They'd be long gone and roided into the floor.

I, personally, think what you have done to Insomnia is just atypical of the things we have come to expect from ego ridden BG's and in many ways represents everything that is bad about PA at this time. I have no doubts this round has been by far one of the most entertaining and difficult to call but I still feel that the outcome for Insomnia leaves a sour taste.

I only hope your attitude changes for the remainder of the round and that you don't treat Reunion the same way you did Insomnia as ruining the rounds of two alliances would be a truly abhorrant act.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 08:22   #6
HKP
Insomniac

HKP is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it hard not to wish you and dS well Skyhead. When you spend half a round in # with a bunch of committed players you do kinda warm to them. Defence was given and recieved by both sides of this little debate and attacks on the whole went well.

Shame it ended up as it did and I'd like you and other "movers and shakers" of the game to remember that it isn't you that makes the game enjoyable to the majority, its the relationships we build on irc, the friendships and mutual trusts.

This whole affair has ripped apart much of what was good in this round for insomnia and I guess to a certain extent in dS as well.

Insomnia has fallen back to an active co-operative core which has now stabilised and can move forward again. Despite your ranking I'm not sure dS will be experiencing the same resurgance of optimism and repledged loyalties that we are. This is a shame because if we had all just pulled together for the whole round then I'm sure no.1 would have been a real possibility, and if not then at least we would all have had an enjoyable round and felt good about how we played, supported and defended each other.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 12:27   #7
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes I know Jonas was particularly alot gone that weak, but there is more or less
the problem, Insomnia dies when he goes offline, I feel he has taken an CEO role like Sid
in 1up, which simply his activity cant cope with, that week aswell as any other week,
the logs he claims to have of me agreeing to political plans would of been pretty early
into the round when we agreed to napping ND, and I was impressed over the plans he
presented at that time.
Yes the plans were presented early, but were long term plans, which were going as they should. See no reason why it should change. the only moves that was out of the plans was napping TGV and hitting Hydra(that early, cause hitting Hydra was part of the plan, and you know it)

Quote:
We first had attack cooperation with LCH, which later led to
a nap, which also is a move I also agreed upon.
We continue to hit 1up while we have ND napped which mostly targetted galaxies, but
about the DLR( I have my suspiciouns and I give fkall about what u think, but lets say
there is no naps between DLR and 1up and they have not targetted one single retal for 1up, lo angryduck)
Maybe they hit 1up to, but they attacked alot more top LCH and Hydra planets then 1up,
but we got no DLR incs (so ofc I liked Jonas nap with ND ALOT).
Insomnias nap with ND... It was something we discussed among HC for quite some time.

Quote:
When we choose gals to pick we went for the Hydras if there were some, for easy roids,
but we never targetted them specifically after alliance wars started to commence.
1up concentrated most of their firepower on the LCH block, while maybe some nights sending
an AG to us, and maybe we'd get the usual incs (whcih we got through entire round, because
of galraids) so Insomnia were never under any real firepower at all, untill 1up
went for us two nights in a row, where we lost easily roids here and there, alot of
firepower against us, the reason for these 2nights is because of my bg, and ALOT
of players from Insomnia ability to regain roids, that night our true powers were
really shown, and I'm sure 1up would figure out we were easy bait to take later on, that
LCH indeed was the right ally to focuse their power on as they were alot stronger
with a heavier memberbase and decent DC team.
1up found out that taking out Insomina would take much longer than expected, and the only gainers on our wars(as 1up lost alot of roids themselves) were LCH/Hydra...

Quote:
We had DCs, but at that time it simply wasnt enough ally def to cover it all.
Didnt you just indicate it was the DCs fault?

Quote:
After this happening we were cease firing with 1up for some reason unkown, and we were
told to go at a bit later stage for Hydra with full power. Before this we had
I disagreed to this and I can agree I got out of context, but this was a stupid move,
1up regaining some of their roids at our place, and we suddenly firing at Hydra who
eventhough we were not napped helped us get roids at 1ups places by firing at them.
You FORGET that WE are NOT 1up ENEMIES! The PLAN was to BALANCE the WAR between LCH/Hydra and 1up! Which means we had to hit Hydra, because they had gained roids on 1up AND Insomnia while we were fighting eachother. At the time LCH were catching up with 1up aswell, meaning that together with Hydra they were stronger than 1up.

Quote:
Sum it up
1up realizes we're easy bait at a bit earlier stage before we hit Hydra, thus gaining
1up an even bigger advantage on us, we were told this was for easy roids, but this would in
no way gain us.

NAP with ND = Excellent move
Hitting firepower that gains our advantage = Bad one
Hydra were hitting everywhere. Many of their members werent even attacking with them. They did indeed hit some 1up, but that doesnt gain us if they hit us aswell...

Quote:
During the period after the 1up hit more and more members DID imho get more and more lazy,
aswell as DCing was a prob, at the stage we left I felt not only was the DC's longer the problem,
(because I could DC myself aswell) but alliance def was lacking aswell, there were little fleet
to be obtained at all from the members, and the DC team was getting weaker.
Can I remind a certain Jonas of people "who cant cope no more before this ****ing DC team gets sorted"
No reason to mention who said that, that is Insomnia internal matter, but as Jonas seems to be doing whatever
he can to weaken my word I feel that line will mean something to you Jonas, though I doubt you can
see the real reasons through your anger against me.
Yes a few DCs did get sick and tired of the work. We appointed more DCs. It helped, but didnt solve the problem. There were simply too few people dedicated enough to sit around at nights covering incommings. You me Mek did alot more DCing than we should have to. You were offered HC position to sort it yourself actually, as it would possibly get moer dSers willing to DC.

Quote:
We hit Hydra one night
Next day war -both way [ I will admit, this day for the first time I undermined Jonas authority by going to Hydra asking for cease fire,
something they agree upon, but they will have one more night to try settle things back, we have severly incs from Hydra that night aswell as
I bet 1up had 1 AG at us in a morning launch(NO IM NOT SAYING COOPERATION)]
We ceasefire
So after 1 political move you disagree on, you go behind our backs and make deals? Something for Reunion HC to note?

Any 1up did not target us specifically, nor we they, for about 3 days. So I doubt they wasted an AG on us. They did not stay away from our planets tho. The deal was not to rumble into eachother while all the alliances around us would gain on it. You were told this, and iirc agreed we needed that break from the 1up incommings(might have been some of the other HCs but I think you did aswell, atleast I told you about it)

Quote:
So point 1
- These are the 3 nights of roid losses explained, we could be taken by anyone EASILY, 1up were attacking LCH
both nights they were targetting insomnia aswell, except maybe 1.
4 4 3 3 74 701 1,426,034 51,902 105,526,516 4.92 2.0% 5.0% 4.0% 7.0% Fri 19/08/2005
4 4 2 3 73 684 1,351,333 49,897 98,647,299 5.06 4.0% 8.0% 1.3% 5.7% Thu 18/08/2005
3 4 2 3 75 657 1,244,444 49,244 93,333,295 5.28 0.0% 5.0% 2.9% 8.1% Wed 17/08/2005
3 3 2 3 73 656 1,183,112 47,876 86,367,173 5.54 4.0% 5.0% 4.7% 5.3% Tue 16/08/2005
3 3 2 3 73 627 1,123,617 45,748 82,024,010 5.58 10.0% 7.0% 8.7% 6.1% Mon 15/08/2005
3 3 2 3 74 569 1,044,537 42,101 77,295,742 5.45 5.0% 5.0% 5.1% 6.0% Sun 14/08/2005
3 3 4 3 74 541 985,677 40,045 72,940,122 5.49 8.0% 7.0% 9.7% 9.1% Sat 13/08/2005
3 3 6 4 73 500 915,811 36,519 66,854,168 5.46 -5.0% 4.0% -3.7% 6.3% Fri 12/08/2005
3 3 4 3 72 527 873,257 37,934 62,874,530 6.03 -8.0% 4.0% -4.8% 9.1% Thu 11/08/2005
3 3 2 3 69 577 835,544 39,846 57,652,502 6.91 7.0% 9.0% 7.3% 9.3% Wed 10/08/2005
3 3 3 2 69 538 764,239 37,135 52,732,502 7.04 9.0% 11.0% 12.6% 14.5% Tue 09/08/2005
3 3 4 2 67 492 687,133 32,984 46,037,935 7.16 8.0% 12.0% 2.3% 6.0% Mon 08/08/2005
3 3 4 4 71 454 611,692 32,249 43,430,143 7.43 7.0% 11.0% 7.2% 11.4% Sun 07/08/2005
4 4 4 4 71 424 549,318 30,080 39,001,555 7.71 0.0% 9.0% 2.1% 11.6% Sat 06/08/2005
4 4 3 3 70 421 499,441 29,469 34,960,892 8.43 12.0% 14.0% 12.7% 14.7% Fri 05/08/2005
5 4 4 5 70 374 435,351 26,158 30,474,594 8.58 8.0% 12.0% 7.9% 12.6% Thu 04/08/2005

For easier view: http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewall...ry=all#history

Insomnia lost roids 2 days in total before you left. 2 days is better than any other alliance that was targetted by 1up alot, and the roidlosses werernt even huge. This means we roided while we got roided...Its PA nowadays. Everyone loose roids. Its how you get through it and how you rebuild that makes u good. And we DID rebuild quite well...

Quote:
Point 2
- We continue to lose roids for nothing almost all nights we have even 1 2 or 3 calls a tick.
We get so easily owned ANYTIME, by whoever wants to target us, while Insomnia has looked strong on the
rankings it has not been so in military power.
See above point. SkyHead youre making a fool of yourself. Maybe you lost roids and other regained? Is that why you are mad?

Quote:
Point 3
- Aswell as lack of DCs member defence has also started to fade, there were less and less
fleets to be obtained, aswell as most members building a little of everything requiring tons
of fleets for every def, instead of some way of dedicating it more to anti CR i.e, far from all members
did this ofcourse they are a decent bunch and alot of good players..
Ridicilous. This was an early problem. it got so much better I cant belive u bring this up. The fleets of 10k sents, 1k BWs etc etc... Fleets were very good. Activity wasnt IMO dropping either. The LTs of the attacks MIGHT have made people sleep longer etc tho.

Quote:
Point4
- I have not criticized HC directly in this post, more gone on the function of the ally which I will
say reflects upon the HC. The problem in Insomnia starts at the top, not amoung the members for starters,
but they fade away when they get nothing from the top.
only members I saw fading away was you who claimed to be so important and you were taking 2 days off to show it. 2 good days for Insomina roidswise.

Quote:
Point5
To say we have not helped in DC or scan matters, would be as far from the trouth as you can even
start from imaging. We brought 2 or 3 scanners who were originally ours scanners only, but we shared
however 2 of these scanners with Insomnia(the last one had an different ally, thus he didnt want to scan for 2 differnet allies)
As for DCing I said I'd be backup DC and if you even dare try to tell me you DC'ed more then me, please cut
the ignore and pm me instead of spreading this propaganda.
Nor was I only one, I believe we had several who did just as good job as me from the dS bg as DC's in Insomnia.
Good thing I didnt say it then. I said you didnt give the promised amount.

[quote=SkyHead]Even Storebo claimed there were many earlier exitlion as officers, now why would he do that if he had no DCs?[/QUOTE

I think you told me once that Storebo was full of fking propaganda? Might have been somene else tho...

Quote:
As far as I know Insomnia got no officers except the ones working as DC or BC, and we had no BCs except for Cartman
now did we?
Bee had Cartman and Jinstarro as BCs. That was what he needed to get attacks done everynight. A few times you stepped in, but Bee did the same for you when you couldnt run dS attacks...

Quote:
I will claim we had atleast 8-12 or DCs working in your alliance at different occasions, doing just as mcuh as the ones you
appointed from your own ally.
Guran(For quite long)
ChronoX(Until he got kicked)
crusie(For a few weeks in the start. Constant fights with Chronox)
SkyHead(All round)
cheerios(joined last week u were there)
Ex-(few weeks but then had school)

Thats all I can remember tbh...

Quote:
Point6
To say we have far less def points then the average of your ally would be completly false, and you would
be most surprised if you were to check my members up against yours, on the history menu, most surely
we will have more attacks then you do, but try gcounting def and then determine defpoints.
I'll be most glad to give you a list of the players I feel have participiated and played this round,
we have some inactive people with us dropping by every now and then, I see no reason why these should count,
and why should you kick them aslong as you can hold them in your tag?
This point is something im 100% correct on. Yes people like cheerios did def alot, im sure he was a top 10 defender. But I think he would be the only one from dS there. While people like DA CD EB had 40+ defences already, cheerios werer your top defender with 30+. And its the same all the way down...

(dS members. Many of you were great defenders, do not get this the wrong way. Its the average amount of dS defence vs average amount of Insomnia defence that is being discussed)

Quote:
A little sum up
As Jonas seems to be presenting alot of false information to hurt both my word and make sure we get incs,
I will bring you "my side" of the story, and I do believe I got an better overview then you did, here coming in the
CEO role you have given yourself in Insomnia, for the sake of your members, if you plan to bring your alliance to 50+
again please appoint other HCs to help you with some of the workload, I agreed with you most of the round, and tried
to ignore the problems we had our making an effort to minimize them .
I sincerly hope you do log, I told you one week ago Insomnia was sinking, and I'd sit in your
alliance for a little while longer to prove my point, well I believe we got to that point, and it was still not to
late to save the members of my BG from easy destruction/die of boredom.
I think you're making sure everyone knows whos honest throught his post

Yes you did tell me you wouldnt sink with Insomnia, but a ship taking in a few buckets of water aint sinking. As I said earlier, we didnt loose roids more than 2 days.

And youre members were boored? I didnt know. Must have been the wars and loosing roids that made the game booring :/ Its only fun when you win...preferrably easiily...right?

Quote:
As for the meeting, I have nothing to say but I have been given role as politic advisor in ReUnion, I was hoping to, but I was
not able to maintain an HC posistion.

I believe I played all my cards right, and had every reason to do what I did, I just hope you didn't place your ace
on the propaganda Jonas, sure seems like it from Sandmans.
lol, lets check sandmands again shall we?
http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewall...ry=all#history

Quote:
Not playing a hero, or anything, but I believe this will bring a much more interesting round, if you say not for the community, then
fine I did this for my BG and my BG only, cause we won't die of boredom after all. ;]
If PA gets borring when you loose roids, you should quit. Its not fun, no...but its part of the game. Some people just dont take a challenge as a challenge. They get all whiny and bitchy once it might look like they are gonna loose, and waste their chances of getting back at the opponent blaming whatever they can find to blame. Get real!

Quote:
I explained our situation for leaving, as Jonas decided to take this on a personal note, and thus weakning my word by this propaganda.
That is enough for me..
I think you managed to weaken your word even more. I'm sorry we boored you. We tend to fight a fair fight. I see no reason to play a game if its not for the challenge. Something you cannot take.

I hope this post doenst get as messy as I think it might. never done a "Phil" before

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 14:10   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was not planning to answer to this propaganda, however the use of it has seem to be of more extent then I originally thoguht.

I stopped here coz I thought there was gonna be some mad twist on stealing babies dogs and cats.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 14:35   #9
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
I hope this post doenst get as messy as I think it might. never done a "Phil" before
Was a good first read!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote