View Single Post
Unread 27 May 2006, 13:50   #28
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Complete Overhaul of Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbsy
The only way that would happen would be for some good players to not bother joining an ally at all, or to have many more, smaller allies... i mean, if you're no in an ally (generally, obvious excepetions) you're not playing that seriously, so why would you care about supposed "politics" ?
Synthetic_Sid made a point in another thread (had a look but I couldn't find it) about how many people would like the game to be about trying to dominate the universe, kill and steal ships, for it to be a war game and not what it is now.** I'd hope politics could be more about trying to find your spot in the universe, expanding collective interests (expect some conflict), to be honest, politics would be whatever the players wanted it to be.

** Apologies if that's not a great representation, I haven't seen the post in a while.