View Single Post
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 19:44   #262
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R31 rumour thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
This really needs emphasis. If people believe Ascendancy to be that much stronger than everyone else this round I would ask yourself to look at PA history and see if a genuinely stronger alliance has ever lost to a genuinely weaker alliance. The only way to beat a good alliance is to create another good alliance. Incidentally I was talking to jester the other day and he said if Ascendancy wins this round he'd be pro kicking everyone afterwards and just seeing what happens. Certainly our template for playing PA will still be there for everyone to pick up if they want to. Personally I don't believe, and I doubt he does either, this round will be as much of a walkover as some people seem to think so I'm cool with it playing out.
I think as it stands, its a walkover for Asc.. not due to Asc being the only really strong alliance but due to how the politics are shaping and the general attitude of players in those alliances. No alliance seems in shape to take the lead in any block formed against Asc and im pretty sure if Asc offered ND/CT/FanG a nap, they'd take it (or at least seriously consider it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Oww Light... You really think one alliance would be so scared of this? C'mon, realistically with the amount of roids/value Ascendancy will be losing I doubt they could muster a huge attacking force.
We saw last round, its almost impossible to take value away from Asc and they dont need to muster a huge attacking force.. they only need to get enough ships to cause 1 alliance abit of trouble (making them fall behind the others in the block).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote