View Single Post
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 10:46   #1
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Wireless Networking

I have 2 PC's, one upstairs running XPPro(sp2) and one downstairs in the room directly below running 98 .
I want to network these two so the downstairs one has access to the ADSL connection on the upstairs machine and am wondering the best way to go about doing this wirelessly as i don't want a great length of cable going round my house.

So, can i put a USB wireless adapter in both machines and set it up like that, or would i need to plug my modem in to a wireless router (or something) with an adapter in the downstairs machine?

Thanks for any help.