View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 20:09   #32
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: Congratulation Black-Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
"Managable" in the sense that Ultores managed them, noone else would have.
No, that is not what I meant by manageable. The context I was trying to use is that Ultores was receiving (at a guess) 110-120 fleets a night for a longer period, whereas Black Flag/Ascendancy/CT were receiving 270-300 fleets for a longer period. Ultores' incoming were more manageable, even if for a longer period. Holding your ground against 300 fleets is near impossible, even if it's for a shorter period.

You're presuming that no-one else is capable of defending. You (& Ultores in general) have a very high and biased opinion of yourself. While you have earned this right, it clouds your judgement of other alliances.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you precieve Black Flag for example as adequate defenders and that we are no match against Ultores from a military point of view. While I'm in no position to compare Black Flag to Ultores (I'm the first to admit that Ultores is the more superior alliance), I will say this; don't under-estimate our military abilities. Last round is a good example, Ultores+Faceless were struggling to land on BF. I specifically remember Zwanstic asking for a ceasefire for this reason. It wasn't until later that you gathered more support.

Quote:
We did NOT have Rogues in our corner till a few nights after asc started hitting us. They targetted with us for 1 single night earlier in the round(around pt500?). ND joined us when Rogues backed out. And despite p3ng's offer to help, i didnt want to kick off mass blocking and/or give asc/fl the incentive to join your block so i elected to not ask their help before asc joined bf/ct/bows.
I'm not going to accuse you of lying because I respect you as a player, but Rogues most certainly did hit us for quite a few nights before they backed out. It's why they came to BF/CT asking for a joint ceasefire as they had other problems to address.

Quote:
The round was fair untill asc joined bf/ct and ult had to withstand incs from all t3 alliances + the r5 alliance. So for the first 750 ticks, the round was fair. BF/CT/bows had knocked us from #1 till #3 by themself by then, and still found more help for the job.

For the record, you made the winning plays by outblocking us, don't try to claim otherwise. It's still a win, and congrats on that.
We made the winning plays by "outblocking" (if you want to term it that way) to beat Ultores, yes, but this strategy didn't necessarily win us the round. By the time Ultores was out, you had already gathered an overkill block, by which time we had to adjust our strategy.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote