View Single Post
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 13:30   #1
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Why should I come back?

I received a mail from the PA team as no doubt many of the old players did asking to come back to the happy world of PA. The game has no doubt changed a lot since last time I played but I wanted to hear what peoples opinions are and basically get an idea of whether its actually worth it.

Some background
I played PA from R2-14. Founded ARS which ran from R2-12 and we had our moments of glory as well as our deadspots. The last two rounds I flew with Wolfpack.

Reason for leaving
PA is too demanding on time. I have a life, a house, a decent job so there is no way I will be playing the hard core style originally required. No plans to be waiting up til 4am to see if I got incoming, or likewise setting alarms for research etc. Has any of this changed?
The players are/were on the whole a bunch of whining kids more concerned with score than common courtesy, friendship and looking out for one another. For the majority of my PA career I was the GC of my gal, in the earlier years often an officer/minister. Typically what would happen, is that after you have set up the IRC room and worked out your cluster relations seeing who is gonna raid in cluster and who isn't some trumped up kid backed by his alliance mates will seize control typically ending in the galaxy getting pounded and the GC and his mates jumping somewhere else. Has anything been put in place to promote people getting along?
and finally...the forums were used basically as an opportunity to slag people off and give negative ratings to their profile, taking the game fights to the forums. what has been put in place to promote common courtesy on the forums and addressing the issues of the feedback system?

What has changed
Finally can someone give me a quick run down and what is good and what is bad about the new game. Last time I played there was 4 races, now I see we got a 5th. Also something about turn points and governments etc so if someone can give me a crash course without wasting time hearing the bias of the manual that would be great.

Basically at 28, I'm finding the online community just isn't as nice as it used to be with the most common word thrown about being 'noob'. PA used to be the worst for this and so we as a clan moved onto other things. Other games are similar but PA in particular was very bad. I doubt this has changed but are the other aspects of the game good enough to put up with this?

I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Thanks,

Regards

Ferretus

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote