View Single Post
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 11:22   #48
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I am pretty sure. I will double check a couple of sites on google and get back to you.

The triad was actually never got creditted the win in R3, only Fury/Legion, because the section wing got deleted and that screwed RB over.
The funny thing was, legion killed what was left RB (they said cause of the section thing but we all know it was for free roids). The next round, Section joined Xanadu. Xanadu asked RB to be allies. I said no (cause that would be allying section), so Xanadu went with legion, and Legion/Section teamed up to kill us again

Jonni/MrJ really screwed me over
This sounds about correct. We had some (former) Xanadu-people in RB (eg. Addict, vipi, Jonni and some Section-members), so we thought RB would make a fine ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
For me it's down to individual opinion who wins. I'd say Deus simply because we were the alliance who largely dictated the way the round went and we were allowed to push forward our agenda onto the universe at large and didn't lose at any point in the process. People are free to disagree. Even so, after what Fury, Legion and Xanadu served up in round 5, I think they got their just desserts in all getting beaten up quite severely. Regardless of this, there were some magnificent performances from a few alliances in round 6, it's the best game i've ever played by a long distance because it was tremendously difficult and nothing was ever certain, which in turn is exciting. I'd never want to play it again though, as the suffering involved and the time required to do well is just far far too great.
But, but don't blame us.. Xanadu hardly played during round 5 (as ordered by the HC) . There simply was no point in playing being quite outnumbered and our coords-list out in the open . I could ofcourse apologize for that to the PA community of those days... But I won't

On a personal note.
It was a nice round (6) to play. A difficult one for me, as it was the first (and last) time that I didn't play on Xanadu's side (officially). That even turned into an issue in NewDawn, when Zhukov (I believe it was him) decided to attack with Furgion and I defended Sliekas against the very same attack. Like you said, ND were a bit annoyed with being on Furgion's side (ND and Xanadu had been friends since r2). Utlimately it was decided to simply focus on Furgion and to a lesser extent on XeTa (even trying to avoid Xanadu the best we could) as "our" war was with Furgion (I even suicided my fleet attacking Furgion planets in-cluster )

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote