View Single Post
Unread 11 Sep 2006, 19:54   #43
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming
He may be old, incontinent and impotent, but his memory still serves him well. We (RB) did indeed shack up with Fury back in R2, and despite our rather slow and rocky start we ended that round near the top of the rankings (I suspect C4E and CpV were also above us, but they were largely also Legion. That's my excuse anyway, ahem). A lot of people have since whinged that RB only did well due to Fury's protection, but name-checking can only defend you from the most minor of attacks. For the rest we were on our own as much as anyone else. Even if noone else believes it, we worked hard and did well to get where we did in R2.

I've seen a lot of attempts over the years here to rewrite history involving RB (if so grand a word can be applied to a computer game), and I'm not accusing anyone in this thread of doing so, so here's a brief summary of facts from my own excellent memory that are often distorted by other people, though god knows why you'd go to the trouble:

Minako and co. buggered off from Rinoa's Eclipse early in R2, and Forest snd I took over the remnants to form RB. We later allied with Fury and Legion, and ended up in a nice spot at the round's end. At no point did ICD do any spanking of us, quite the opposite, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. That's one I used to see a lot of. R3 brought the delights of Section cheating with a bot. RB command never knew anything about this since we very foolishly let them remain a very independent wing. Incredibly stupid of us. Section had only been cheating since R3 at the earliest, and it in no way had any bearing on our R2 performance. Beyond that period I know nothing, apart from R3 ending in a bit of a whipping.

It's amazing the kind of websites you go back after years away. Cheerio now.

Ming

Just how I remember it

On the ICD thing, i can comment on that seeing as I handled it personally.

ICD was based around a cluster (5?), and Fury had a few high ranking members there, that Virali? (or whoever the leader was), promised to kill if ICD was mass attacked.

I got pissed off that 1) We were persuaded not to hit ICD, 2) everyone was saying RB couldnt fight alone (we never at any time had military co-operations with Fury/Legion. (Not that Legion would of offered, they hated us on the most part), and 3) they were above us in the ranks.

So one night I orgainsed a big hit on them. We wiped 500 mill off there score in one night, and went above them in the ranks. There was no retal from them and they kinda went quietly into the night. It proved our point on whether we could handle a war, by taking down the only ally bigger than us.
I agree we were never in the same class as Fury/legion, though it nearly came to Fury/RB v Legion several times, but the so-called lower alliances, and the scardyness of legion always stopped that happening. Would of been a great war. My betting would be legion would hit RB for easy roids, and leave Fury to the win, and legion just couldnt take that risk.

As for the bot thing, it logged into the Section accounts and copied any incoming to an external webpage.
Now, I dont know if i ever went public on this, but I guess now no harm can be done.
At NO time could pateam catch Section doing this through any ingame actions, and they only caught Section when a member told pateam, and gave pateam the login to the external page.
Spinner then announced that RB had been closed (something he later retracted). At no time was any other RB closed for this incident.

RB command took responsibility because we SHOULD of had access to everything of Sections, but truth be told, they did everything alone, own attacks/defences, the lot. They were completely external, and tbh, I am embarressed that Section was ever invlved with RB.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote