View Single Post
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 18:59   #16
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: If Chimps are People too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
neither do i. it might be worth pointing out that not all humans can make babies either though.
We were talking on a species level.

Quote:
i can't say i'd particularly care about the views held by a non existent being (lolz god), although i wouldn't consider it a very nice thing to tell someone who held such rubbish views that i was going to do it anyway. it might be a bit stressful for them :/
I have absolutely no idea how this was meant to counter my point. I wouldn't object to testing on those who can't consent because the comprehension that comes with consent wouldn't be present. To give a related example; sexually abusing a newly born baby is not worse than raping a 25 year old woman, neither is abortion worse than capital punishment.

Quote:
well they probably won't be able to write a concise antithesis to your point when you put this point to them, but surely there are lesser levels of comprehension, forinstance the kind of comprehension a chav might offer. i guess i'll need to ask you how you define comprehend. it appears fear and distress to the action you're making isn't enough, you put that down to anthropomorphis in your next point.
If animals were able to communicate to a suffecient level id be willing to 'talk' to them. Id apply a test similar to this

Quote:
p.s would you torture dogs and chimps if it made a tastey drink at the end of it? i mean torture like stabbing in the eye, acid baths, burning alive, beating, decapitating etc. AFTER ALL THEY HAVE NO SOUL LOL
yes! aside from foie gras the conditions in factory farms for hens are apparently 'unpleasant' i couldn't give a damn as long as they taste good. If it affects their taste its obviously a bad thing.