View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 15:39   #62
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnd|One
Some added Elysium view:

That seems like a rosy and skewed writeup in Eclipse's favour. Elysium rivaled and topped Eclipse's "strength" (and FanG's) all round top planet -wise and had no troubles on the battlefields. This was partly due Elysium having noted the importance of dedicated scanners, which lead to zero bad landings giving our side a smooth roundstart. As a sidenote no active alliance had defensive troubles due the silly game mechanics of PaX. Back on the strength topic, iirc Eclipse had trouble holding onto even a single top10 planet during the round. The blocks were EET (Elysium Eclipse ToT) vs Fang,Dragons (+WP&Vision&some other flak that eludes me) where ToT fell from the train early on due activity problems. After Elysium topped the universe charts and gained notoriety for having the #1 planet closed due some bug it was mercilessly targeted for days on. Eclipse and FanG overtook Elysium and it seemed like game over for Elysium's #1 plans. However, we kept on fighting, never giving up. In the end FanG settled the game by collapsing due EE pressure and between E&E Elysium managed to eat up the majority of deserters and win the game scorewise. Strengthwise you say Eclipse, but from Elysium standpoint based on daily attacks and planet rankings, Eclipse was in the shadow. Elysium faced the brunt of incomings and hardships that round and it still managed to take the title. That's strength.
I am afraidf you are quite wrong. Infact, Fang/dragons and indeed some of ely credited the round to eclipse, even though ely obviously won when they recruited fang.

The real story, was that eclipse, aided by others, fought a hard war all round, RealJames amongst others doing a fantastic job.
Eclipse/Ely/ToT were not alone, and nor were Dragons/Fang.

Dragons/fang/etc started getting on top by hitting 20 eclipse planets per night, with 5 waves minimum. It was doing the job, and the eclipse block was failing. After a hard war, I asked eclipse HC for access to allies and to take over running attacks (others were just getting exhausted).

This was granted, in what I can only presume was the last throw of the dice.
I personally organised the attacks. I distrubuted the co-ords to each alliance involved, and they were asked to hit the targets and wave them for 20 hours, before a new target list was given out.
This was simply copying dragons/fangs tactics, which were working pretty well.
Instead of hitting the 20 planets, we hit 55 planets (which was all of fang minus a couple of planets not worth hitting).

There is only one person in the whole of planetarion who can say they knew exactly who was being hit. And that was me. I dealt in pm with every alliance, and no-one knew how else was being hit and for how long. I just asked the alliances to do waht was aksed and trust me.

I Personally scanned every target, and know exactly who was actually fulfilling there promises. Tot and the other small alliances ALL did as they promised. And a fking good job they did too.
Eclipse did exactly as they were promised.
Ely however, because either 1) they couldnt be bothered, 2) they didnt ahve the ability, or 3) they took targets they couldnt hit properly to try and look 'hard'. For whatever reason, i dont care, but they didnt do the job as needed.

And then on that, they had the audacity to take all the fang planets who left fang in the confusion that followed.

So, far from the best, ely was actually one of the worst performers in that war, and anyone who would like to give a proper reason why they think otherwise is quite welcome to.

But frankly, I think you are disluded, and a bit of a shit if you do.

And thats from the horses mouth.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote