View Single Post
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 18:43   #3
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Generic Startup Guide (Mk 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Can I just say that it is SOOOOO wrong to recommend ANYONE to make core extraction as one of the first researches.
I have done the 1st core extraction as my 1st or 2nd research every round I have played in pax and did both the 1st and 2nd in the first 72 ticks in round 26. In my view it is a valuble additional source of resources during this period, and is the only way for ppl who choose governments without mining bonuses to keep up in the first few days. Moreover if you are not going to do it at the start when it is most useful why do it at all...
and it should be noted that this thread is aimed at people who are quite new to the game and are probably therefore more likely to keep relatively fewer roids throughout the round, making the core resources relatively more worthwhile. Having the core resources at the start means that for new players it is not quite so vital to immediately begin attacking (difficult to do without an alliance with scans to back you up), as you have an alternative source of resource income apart from roids.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote