View Single Post
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 10:25   #107
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnd|One
Some added Elysium view:
That seems like a rosy and skewed writeup in Eclipse's favour. Elysium rivaled and topped Eclipse's "strength" (and FanG's) all round top planet -wise and had no troubles on the battlefields. This was partly due Elysium having noted the importance of dedicated scanners, which lead to zero bad landings giving our side a smooth roundstart. As a sidenote no active alliance had defensive troubles due the silly game mechanics of PaX. Back on the strength topic, iirc Eclipse had trouble holding onto even a single top10 planet during the round. The blocks were EET (Elysium Eclipse ToT) vs Fang,Dragons (+WP&Vision&some other flak that eludes me) where ToT fell from the train early on due activity problems. After Elysium topped the universe charts and gained notoriety for having the #1 planet closed due some bug it was mercilessly targeted for days on. Eclipse and FanG overtook Elysium and it seemed like game over for Elysium's #1 plans. However, we kept on fighting, never giving up. In the end FanG settled the game by collapsing due EE pressure and between E&E Elysium managed to eat up the majority of deserters and win the game scorewise. Strengthwise you say Eclipse, but from Elysium standpoint based on daily attacks and planet rankings, Eclipse was in the shadow. Elysium faced the brunt of incomings and hardships that round and it still managed to take the title. That's strength.
I can only speak of my own point of view but let me be very clear about the next thing. Eclipse was in every way superior to Elysium (and FAnG) in r10.
FAnG was the main alliance that had to endure the incomings of Elysium and Eclipse and, as Lei also stated. I'm not claiming Elysium was crap, you gave us a hard time aswell, but compared to Eclipse you simply were less strong/efficiënt/whatever you want to call it.

I think the EET had some flak aswell, as had Angels and Dragons. I believe both blocks were equal in size, more or less.

About the split in FAnG, it had very little to do with the pressure EET gave us. I'm not gonna claim it had absolutely no influence, because that's not true either. The split was due to internal strugglings, which was/is mostly unknown to the general public (it's based on numerious rumours and hearsay's of 3rd persons who had nothing to do with it).
Only a select few pple know what was said in that channel and what lead to the decision etc etc.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote