View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2013, 18:33   #13
Jibajav

Jibajav is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Something Needs to Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Quests dont work. The fact they are automatically OFF is bad enough but the fact they just tell you do something rather than showing you making them pointless for new players.
I completely agree. These are just a way to click a few buttons and get some res/xp or whatever. They may as well be a part of the startup bonuses instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Scans can only be used by people who dedicate themselves to getting them and then share with their alliances or via #scans. For a new player it is possible that neither of these are viable places to get a scan so that player is screwed, i think we NEED to make it so only J and AU scans are blocked by dists, both these scans are upgraded versions of L and U scan which arent blocked so it would make more sense and less reliant on a dedicated scanner.
I noticed that the unit scan was unblockable this round, which makes a big difference since it opens up planets with many dists to attack by planets with 1 amp as long as the attacker is ok with the limited info from landing scan. I'm not sure changing all scans to unblockable except J and AU would be the way to go; it would make dists almost useless or at least not as near worth building. Having L scan and News scan is pretty much the same as J if you can wait til eta 1, but with dist currently blocking the news scan it is easier to fake defense if it's known the attacker can't scan the target. Also if Inc scan would always work that would make attacks much harder to fake, especially zik and xan, and I would think less attacks would land. Very interesting idea though.

I'm starting to come around to the idea of removing pre launch to see how that changes the game. But to see it, it would need to be implemented. How do we go about pushing these ideas into the game or at least know that they are being tested?