View Single Post
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 12:28   #3
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is offensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
We try to get all the obviously offensive r/p nicks changed as soon as we notice them or they are brought to our attention. If a person says that a r/p nick is offensive and why it is offensive, if it is valid we will try to get it changed. As for any inconsistencies, please understand that each multihunter is different. We are from different countries. And I'm female. So what one considers offensive, another may not. There are also many different countries represented in this game and what is offensive to one,again, may not be offensive to another.
Thank you for replying. I don't believe you've clarified much beyond 'what we find offensive'. What cultural norms do the multihunters use as guidelines? The changelog says that the game is aiming for 'PG' content. Under both the MPAA and BBFC, it says 'some material may not be suitable for children'. I assume (and stop me if I'm wrong) this means that 'offensive' is whatever deemed unsuitable for children.

Now, suitability for children may differ from country to country. As a trivial example, Finding Nemo had a G rating in the US (and the corresponding U rating in the UK), but was PG in New Zealand. Are the multihunters given guidelines as to what Jolt consider suitable for children? Or at least what standards to follow?