View Single Post
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 00:40   #1
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

History of Planetarion in 40 Minutes

R1 - Beginnings. Concordium, Rinoa's Eclipse and BlueTuba are the first alliances. C7R are the resistance to Concordium. Top galaxy is debated to date as there are 3 eligible winners. Holoroids + cargoships + Jonka Attack

R2 - Thiefs (thats how it was spelt back then!). Bluetuba and WaC (Concordium) are toppled. Fury (originally C7R) and Legion/VtS (originally a wing of WaC) become the two new ruling alliances.

R3 - Fury and Legion create a triad block with Reborn (RB). STEL is the main enemy block which utterly fails. A wing of RB are deleted for cheating and the alliance is kicked from the block resulting in its devastation. A split happens in Legion towards end of round to form Wolfpack. Fury/Wolfpack manage to hurt a besieged Legion.

R4 - Introduction of Parallel alliances. Vts recruit Elysium and Xanadu into a block to oppose a Fury/ViruS/Wolfpack enemy. NoS/Cell switch sides more often than you change a pair of pants. Fury lose its leadership during the pinnacle of the war and after a concentrated campaign - the x11x parallel Fury stronghold is broken. Debates to the various states of the alliances - with both Fury and Legion performing lacklustre. Xanadu credited as a major alliance and for the win in most circles.

R5 - WP is reincorporated into Legion. After the threat of rising alliances like NoS and Xanadu, Furgion reforms. Fury forms its first recruiting wing - Wrath. FLTTVE (Fury, Legion, Ely[sium, ToT, Virus, Bluetuba) vs NoCex (NoS, Cell, Xanadu + some others I cant remember). FLTTVE utterly crush the opposition. Skirmishes between Legion and Virus (although no outright war) with Tuba disbanding and Elysium being left out to dry by Legion when Fury declares war on them. Fury and Legion dominate the rankings, with the latter spelling out V t s down the top three galaxies. From a Fury perspective, Wrath is a resounding success.

R6 - Deus Ex Machina form and bring a third block to the wars. They form a block called FoS. Xanadu form their own block called Xeta containing the previous Legion allies of Elysium and a new alliance called Silver. Fury/Legion remain with FLTTV along with ToT/Virus/Titans. War kicks off straight out of protection which is unheard of before, with Xeta launching against FLTTV. FLTTV suspends Operation Barghest (A word document for Fury victory written and discussed between Meth and Zhil - it outlined a plan to destroy Deus first and render the FoS block inert before moving onto the Xanadu block. Support surprisingly came from Titans more than Legion who were more worried about Xanadu than Deus) and attacks Xeta back. At a critical stage when FLTTV are looking to be winning, FoS join in alongside Xeta against FLTTV. Furgion are defeated for the first time in history. FoS then seek FLTTV help vs Xeta which is granted. Fury leader Synthetic Sid suggesting and implementing the tag of [NOT DEAD] which serves as a major morale boost - Fury recovers extremely well, yet just as a third possible resurgent war between FLTTV and FoS looks likely, the round ends. Wildly credited as one of the best topsy-turny round in history.

R7 - Blocks: Newx (Xanadu. NoS, Elysium and WPO) vs FLTTV (Fury, Legion, Titans, ToT, Virus with satellites of FAnG and RaH). Newx is crushed extremely early. Calls for a new war stretch the winning block to their limits. A catastrophic war nearly happens when nearly all the alliances band together to attack Fury for diplomatic failings - yet is barely avoided. Fury end up going to war with Titans. Legion go to war with FAnG/RaH. Legion are criticized for their pull-out and abandonment of Titans in a 'plot' against Fury, who is seen as the strongest alliance. Fury organizes a 'revenge' attack to be done against the main Legion organizer, Fred, after other evidence is brought to light (and other events leading to Fury-Legion relations breakdown). RaH are onboard too - as a RaH HC attends the Fury meet in London. Yet the plan is never executed as Fred is closed hours before the scheduled attack. Xanadu and Legion disband - leaving for other games like Eve-Online or Star Wars Galaxies. Only victory for Fury without Synthetic Sid as CEO. CEO was Cryptic during the round.

R8 - Fury go solo. Blocks still form with Titans/ViruS/LDK and Adelante/FAnG/ToT. Fury performed crap and politically allied with FAnG/ToT after Adelante collapsed and their core joined Fury. It's all too late though as Fury are on the backfoot and the servers are cut off suddenly as Fifth Season
lose their servers. Titans/LDK claim a win, which is hard to deny but pro-Fury and FAnG diehards argue the case of the round ending early and state a comeback was 'possible' - this is debated fiercely. In author's opinion, Titans/LDK/ViruS won and Fury wasn't the Fury it was supposed to be.

R9 - Fury is gone, the last of the old superpowers. Titans also has left, leaving a great power vacuum. Eclipse is established by Focht, Rob, Zhil, Olrik and Killghost. Three blocks form: WEET (WPO, Eclipse, Elysium, ToT) , NAHR (NoS, Auld, RaH, hirr) and VVOMM (ViruS, Olympians, Madcows, Vision and Ministry). VVOMM only allow their members to form galaxies together, prohibiting them from accepting anyone else from outside the block. This forces NAHR into the WEET camp as VVOMM hits both blocks. WEET-NAHR utterly kill VVOMM into dust, VVOMM make no inroads into the round. WEET then war with NAHR and WEET is victorious. WEET breaks down further when a WPO battleground called Dragons sends repeated hostiles vs an Eclipse Command galaxy. Eclipse/ToT fight WPO/Elysium. Eclipse/ToT win and produce one of the most dominating wins in history.

R9.5 - Interim round since last round was stagnated rather badly after all competition died. Eclipse sat out officially though ToT did not. Nothing really special happened - LDK/Dragons win.

R10 - FAnG vs Eclipse is the main fight this round. Can't remember the allies on FAnG's side, but Eclipse had Elysium. Eclipse seen as stronger alliance, yet at the end FAnG transfers its members into Elysium giving Elysium the top score and thus top alliance position. Bitter divide between Eclipse and Elysium exists today as such a deplorable tactic, with even some FAnG command crediting the win to Eclipse. Still, ingame wise - it was Elysium.

R10.5 - Shock announcement that Eclipse disbands, leaving a massive power vacuum and leading to total stagnation as the block built by FAnG/Phraktos/Mistu is simply too organized. Elysium/Newdawn/Wolfpack lose. Phraktos attempt a war vs FAnG but fail miserably. At end of round, a top 10 planet from within WPO reveals himself to be none other than Synthetic_Sid who belittles the 'dominating block' for being unable to topple him and for the general state of alliance discipline. He throws a challenge out to the game to fight it without blocks and creates an alliance called 1up which he believes will win through simple military superiority.

R11 - 1up, the elite and cream of the crop, taking members from previous alliances like Fury, Legion, Titans and LDK form and create a pact where any stagnation-threatening blocks will earn the full wrath of 1up and those who sign the pact. As a result, the fear in the universe prevents an effective counter to 1up who steamroller over all opposition. Marks the first LCH vs 1up war. 1up wins soundly, proving that blocks are not needed to win.

R12 - 1up declares itself to be kingmaker this round, going into the round with a third less members than anyone else. When LCH and allies tackle ND, 1up is brought into the targetting too. 1up shockingly takes first position (to even its own command) and during the war with LCH, LCH choose instead to take on ND. False beliefs include this as being an 'easy' round for 1up who provide a figure of over 2000 defense calls covered for that round alone. Excluded those not covered which could easily have been 30-40%.

R13 - eXilition arrive in this round to form a resistance to 1up. During the first few weeks of the round, both alliances seem to hurt each other extensively. Blocks essentially form with LCH/Angels/eXi slamming 1up/ND who are seen as tied together from the previous round. This in essence does bring the two alliances together. WP sit pretty at top for awhile and form their own block consisting of WP/HR/VGN. As the eXi block looks to get ahead - everyone does bugger all with only alliances like ToF/SiN trying to hit eXi with 1up. The WP block join in vs eXi as WP lose the top spot, but by then it's too late.

R14 - eXilition does not play. 1up enter the play solo, but soon after the first forray of fights enter a NAP with Reunion. LCH/Hydra/Insomnia all hit 1up. The enemy block to 1up looses coordination though after key decisive strikes from the favourite. 1up win the round.

R15 - Repeat of r13 essentially except without ND helping 1up. ND look a threat to #1 but everyone is too incompetent to organize anything against eXilition after 1up are grinded down. eXilition is 'tainted' yet again by cheating accusations as it's revealed there has been use of 'many' support planets.

R16 - 1up, Newdawn, Subh and Angels look to be contenders for the round. With LCH, ND, Subh and Angels all attacking 1up at various junctures, the former King to the throne is beseiged yet somehow manages to win out vs the opposition. Towards the end, 1up are denied their victory through a full tag-up of Ascendancy who craftily utilized an overpowered XP formula. 1up, unable to attack Ascendancy due to the bash limits are powerless to take back what was believed to be their rightful* #1 rank. Ascendancy wins.

*Author biased in believing that 1up rightly deserived that victory as it took on and defeated the forces against it militarily.

R17 - 1up, although tired, continues into this next round. Rumours of eXilition returning are put to rest as eXilition does NOT enter the round. Theres the usual mixup of fights, yet 1up rapes Omen and ND to gain top spot and win the round. 1up manages to hide the true extent of its score till close to the end, although it baffles many to why Omen did not launch a strike when they became aware to the true ranking of 1up through their own intel sources.

R18 - eXilition vs 1up again. eXilition streak ahead and during the critical moment, Subh back out of a coordinated strike. 1up does the only thing it can do at this stage and make sure Subh does not achieve the #2 rank it traded its balls and word of agreement for. 1up succeeds in this mission and disbands end of round citing the longitivity and consistency of running 1up to being reasons for its leaving. 1up says it will return only if the game changes for the better.

R19 - Who knows? LCH returning along with eXilition playing with a smaller memberbase which is already compared to that of 1up's win in R12 when they cited 'kingmaker'.

This history is written by myself and is from my own memory and what I found on various websites. I've tried to be 'neutral' as possible, but some things are frankly impossible to be neutral over.

---

Copied from post in another thread. Thought it might be useful as a whole. If I missed anything, please post below and I'll edit when I can. I'm not interested in "but xxxx was better and xxxx cheated!". I've stated my bias obvious for all to see, yet I've also only told the truth.

Thanks to...
furball for helping with some fixes.
My former alliances - Fury, Eclipse, 1up and all the people I've met for inspiring me to actually write this.
Synthetic Sid, Ghengis and Cayl for giving this newb a chance

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony

Last edited by Zh|l; 9 Sep 2006 at 01:32.
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote