View Single Post
Unread 11 May 2014, 14:05   #61
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 56 Alliance Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Naturally but then the round would have been completely different in terms of setup. Politics would not have flowed the way they did as I would have had to neutralise Vikings as well.

In theory, I sincerely doubt we wouldn't have at least gotten a fort avoidance with eachother earlyish, especially if you knew our aim had been to hit Ultores. Simply from the fact it would have bogged us down in a war and not you, and hopefully neutralised Ultores for you.

It's hard for me to comment in "theory" as I very much adapt my politics to what is happening in the game and a whole number of reasons could have adjusted to WHAT deals with WHO for how much TIME.

Of course the deal with Vikings was beneficial to Spore and impacted the round, but then so did every deal I made last round. All of them had impacts across the whole round for Spore.

PS: Forest does not speak for Spore.
true, the round would have been completely different. And my statements were purely hypothetical. As far as fort avoid goes, our politic HC's kinda agreed not to do any fort avoids early on this round, but go for full naps. I really can't comment on if we would or would not have engaged in one with Spore, but from how the rest of the early round went I somewhat doubt it. There was a reason we made a deal with CT rather than with FAnG. And I personally think we would have made a deal with FAnG rather than with Spore during early round.
The fact you wanted to hit Ultores would most likely not have done anything for us, considering we went into the round completely neutral with them, only really interested in a war with them if they were to hit us first. Ultores HC expressed that they weren't interested in hitting us early on, and held to that with very little incs on us throughout the round, despite us having issues with pure FI waves.

[EDIT]As for Forest not talking for Spore. He might not be part of Spore anymore, but anything he says does reflect on Spore given the active role he had within Spore this round. It will be like this for rounds to come tbh. Just look at how everything Kaiba says is percieved as being from Vikings, while he hasn't even been a part of Vikings for 4 rounds now. If I were to switch allies and remain active on the forums I am quite sure anything positive I say on Vikings for the next couple of rounds would be percieved as coming directly from Vikings too, even if I were really slagging off Vikings in other posts.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 11 May 2014 at 14:14.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote