View Single Post
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 10:53   #7
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wireless Networking - (office style)

I do not feel that is any longer the case, wireless networking has come a long way. Sure there was a period the technology was very unstable, but i've found if keeping with the same brand of equipment your problems will be minimal. You also just have to remember that it follows a few simple rules of physics, and if you play by the rules you wont have problems.

I feel that wireless technology has matured enough and been field tested enough to earn a practicle place in the big business of large scale networks, it is the way forward.

Besides, if you think setting up corporate wireless networks is fun, just wait till you start building infrastructure for long distance communications. I was involved in a project to network my entire town wirelessly. Just try dealing with footprints over 15Km wide or more and trying to keep the whole thing stable.