Thread: hrmm Ramadan
View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 13:27   #35
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: hrmm Ramadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
The burden of proof is not on the atheist.
I claim that the world exists, that it is made up of matter and energy. And that some in the very distant past this all came out of nowhere.
This is what science and empirical experience tells us.
It cannot be refuted by any logical means.
Nothing seems to indicate that any supernatural being has ever been present, or had anything to do with things.
An agnostic is not a believer, someone having faith in 'god' could (and in my experience have)taken the strong anthropic principle and said the unverse did not come out of nowhere, that in the very distant past or 'beyond time' back then there was a non-random probabilistic event that occured. I know that the universe exists, without further information i don't see why its any more or less likely that some intervention took place or that no intervention took place. There is no direct evidence to support either hypothesis. In that scenario god could mean anything from a man in a white robe to a transdimensional alien uber geek running a very impressive computer simulation that went a bit pete tong.

This is a very seperate concept to religion and an 'interventionist god'. It depends on the semantics of the word 'creator'. Those that do truly have faith in religion and an interventionist 'god' believe its all beyond comprehension, so it doesn't really matter anyway.