View Single Post
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 11:06   #117
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Re: Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

Zhil,

Perhaps you should have spoken to Cryptic as I did near the start of round 7 on his plans to screw over every-one bar Legion was make quite clear to me.

It was an interesting conversation and perhaps they are in the logs Cryptic kept. He was after all logging all conversations on ther Fury server and most on the Legion server which he hosted (I found that out much too late from Praetorian who was a huge help to me).

Turning on Titans was never my intent and I can see why there were problems with some of the Titans HC due to some misgivings previous Legion HC had with Titans. Personally I liked them very much and respected what they did.

Round 9 showed me what a great group Fang, Virus and many of the other Alliances I helped in particular Dingo and NoS. I tried pretty hard there but my heart was in for an Eclipse win especially M&S after I realised I was bashing my head against a wall in trying to salvage anything once Wolfpack didnt listen to my advise before things went badly for them. Sounds odd but I still had many friends in Eclipse/Fury despite many of them disliking me... some intensely. So I wish I had spent more time with the other round 7 allies but I didnt trust the Fury server assome things I had said in private messages with KJ were said back to me by Cryptic which could have only happened if I was logged even in pms

Round 7 was pretty pathetic in how it went.... funny how some people knew more about my "closure" even before I did. Obviously that moron Spinner just blabbed away and of course there was the blatant hanging up on me and not listening to anything I said on the phone which he did. How he could selectively look at news and not see everyhting that happened stills makes me annoyed and he is lucky I live in Australia. I believe that Zhil has not mentioned the fact that the "Report" that got me deleted was sent by Fury...... seems some Exec dont tell all but Sid was the ultimate schemer and I tip my hat to him for that. He was in Spinners pocket... after all who else could have been allowed to use the beta exclusively when Spinner was not using it for "official testing" other than Sid.

The coup was complete when Biggdogg informed Grendel that I was breaking Legion rules by being deleted and I could not even finish the round as a Legion member let alone HC. Sid obviously told Biggdogg about the rule and Biggdoggs famous quote of "lets attack Titans because I never liked them" came after he had been away from the game since the early part of round 7 and magically turned up after Sid contacted him. I never wanted to be HC but when Biggdogg and Grendel left PA round 7 and Dimes (my most loyal gal mate I still have great memories of) informed me he also was going I was left to move from "Grunt" to HC. I think we pulled Legion around in that round and some of the recruits were exceptional. I guess the best thing that came out of round 7 was that I believe I kept Legion afloat and I owed Legion much more than that as it was home for such a long time.

Which brings the question some-one asked about how Wolfpack formed. In round 2 I was HC of c4e and being on teh Australian shift I was inundated with defence requests which I always tried to help on Cluster lines before Alliance lines...... thankfully most of Legion who were active and good friends were also in c4e. I became a little frazzled with things and would "hide" in a channel called Pack as I felt like a Wolfpack Hunter from World War 2 and the first conception of WP was to be hidden and attack in packs to get the best attack advantage. Kwik (also c4e HC) joined me there and not long after Decoy and Krolle joined me. Our attacks were very successful and by the time we attacked VVV (then top galaxy) it included Biggdogg, Dimes, Grendel, Sid and Idler. I should have realised when Sid told some Fury people that I had gone offline that they could "attack Fred" as I felt the round was too stale and did not want to be part of a huge block. It was rather incredible when I got a phone call from England to tell me that they had sent some huge fleets and what was I doing. The answer was I would stay and if I got help it would be appreciated. Most of c4e was activated and the battle would have been worth the fight but Fury recalled. I can also confirm that I refused fleet donations.... even Sid offered me ships (when theifs ruled) but I refused as there were still some good attacks to be made and I loved planning attacks.

Anyway by round 3 the battlegroup Wolfpack was quite formidable and it helped some people who also happened to be in other attack groups (the name is rather inapproriate for some) and I got sick of being piggybacked by a certain Legion HC who would send ships after I had launched then claim the planet even though I was inbound before him. To cut a long story short I found the explanations not good enough and I left Legion and launched a sneak attack on Grendel to declare war on them. I had already given up about 35,000 roids before I did this. I must say it was totally unfair in what I did as he was in my galaxy and had no chance as I knew his time online. Grendel was perhaps the best HC I knew and if I had my time over again I would not have attacked him but some-one else. For what was left of the round I dodged attacks and so long as my fleet was intact it was no problems staying top 60 even though I could have coasted to top 20 or better if Wolfpack never occured. In havoc I made a tactical miscalculation when attacking Are and lost most of my fleet..... not that it mattered too much but I always relied on judgement and a pad and paper rather than a battlecalc to work things out. I only messed up that once in all my PA gaming with a calc.

Round 4 started well but then the numbers came against WP and its allies and Biggdogg quit Wolfpack HC early and I was left to run, recruit Wolfpack and my Para Alliance. Jonka and Torz eventually had a coup over me towards the end when I simply had been exhausted being exec HC of both Wolfpack and the Para allaince. Jonka then merged Wolfpack with OOO (Out of Order) because of their better tools. The merge was a disaster for the "Old Legion/Wolfpack" members and so we went back to Legion at the end of round 4. After that I had nothing to do with Wolfpack and they created their own destiny albeit with my roiginal name. If you look at the top alliances at the end of Round 2 you will see "Pack" which was that small group of friends. You will see only a few people but we managed to be a top 10 alliance with just a few members. In those days you could tag more than once alliance but I only tagged "Pack" and maybe I should have also tagged Legion as they were such a great group of people.

That is my version of things and while it may seem very long and boring I could elaborate even more on a few things but it is old news to most. I annoyed many people many times but to be honest it was an exciting time and was worth the memories...... except every time I think of Spinner I need to take a big breath and just accept the fact he was a weak individual who was very easily manipulated and the game of PA has had a history of having the absolute best manipulators being around

Iwas going to reread this to make sure I hadnt offended too many people but its too long even for me at this time of day