View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 15:07   #49
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice
Re: Reporting abusive reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
I personally dont see a problem. If you dont want to see abusive rep, dont look at the rep page
Believe me when i say ive had some real nasties in my rep before, but do you see me crying about it?
for the 5th time today as reply to the 5th person today who said it, just because its flawed doesnt mean you shud just ignore it. Ignoring whats wrong with the world wont help it make it any better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
that aside, you CAN report abusive reps to the mods and they will take action on it, demanding the whole system be scrapped because you dont like an aspect of it is ... retarded for lack of a better word.
the 'solution' which was referred to earlier with firefox extentions is to adblock the rep images for green, grey and red dots so they dont appear.
its not one issue that i'm bothered with, its the whole basic system of giving anonymous unseen comments on posts thats whats bothering me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil

Not too long ago i neg repped furball for posting something i disagreed with, he messaged me back asking clarification on it so i explained my situation to him. He messaged back saying "fair enough". - this is an example of the rep system working perfectly imo
( incidently later on he posted something i agreed with/found funny so i pos repped him for it )
When you feel a poster is shit and you feel he needs to change it, you should PM either here or on IRC, instead of giving away a commentless red dot. I have in the past always signed my negreps with a reason why i gave it and my name so people could debate about it when they feel the need to, instead of the debate i got back negreps saying "omg you suck giving me a reddot" etc. How is that more usefull then contacting someone on PM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
I could be wrong on this but i do believe rep is weighted to favour green over red anyway, that is your own score gets altered more if you are pos repped then if you are neg repped.
to be in the red you need to have done something SERIOUSLY wrong somewhere
so this means automatically people who post more get more green dots. thats hardly a good indication of the quality someone posts with is it?

-edited put wrong name in quote sections -

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote