View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 00:16   #29
Victuri

Re: Reporting abusive reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisto
Rather childish attitude really, ofc things can, and should be changed if it is determined that a decision made has had a very negative side effect!
Im intrigued why is it a childish attitude? There is no real arguments put forward to remove rep. The people that use these forums are not n00bs in general. Rather they are longstanding people. Rep is done from my understanding on other forums for people to comment on a particular post, rather than clogg them up with flames etc.

Judging from your negrep, you are using it as I suggested. Congratulations, dont get too jealous that I have more rep than you though.

Quote:
I see no problem in people having to put their names on a neg rep. Maybe if they had to, they might include a better reason than "OMG WTF, UR SUCH A NOOB. GO JUMP OFF A CLIFF" etc.
It wouldnt stop me to put OMG blah blah if my name is after it, infact I couldnt care less. Fact of the matter is its an annomynous way of telling people what they think about the post. Previously the pm function was there, but that is slow and doesnt have the impact that neg/pos rep has.

Quote:
Although I really dont care what those twits says, others, as kargool and others pointed out, might , and come to shun the forums because of it. This is what I would call a negative side effect, even though the idea was originally positive.
The idea is still positive, there are of course side effects, take away rep and the n00b comments will just be made more visible and in threads.