View Single Post
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 14:09   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reporting abusive reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
The day I start caring about abusive reps is the day Smudge starts talking intelligent.

I was more thinking about alot of the new players who comes here, registers an account.
Doesnt know how to make post that are acceptable to the community and gets alot of foul comments in their pm's. I've been told about this by several people, especially from new starting alliances that they dont understand why the people on the forums really need to write insulting messages behind their little red blobs.

Maybe instead of trying to make these people stay away from the forums you might try to tell them in a nice civilized way how to make posts.

So can we please do anything about this baboon behaviour and try to get the worst rep trollers to understand that in order for new people to think that this community likes getting new people on the boards and in the game they need to be met with a welcoming hand, not moronic insults and foul behaviour..
First and foremost, the only reason Im being intelligent is the exam I have in 1 hour. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Theres a sticky about the rep system at the top of the forums saying what it is. Most new forum members should read that prior to posting - when it was introduced I glanced at it then found out how cool the little blobs were. The point you make about new starting alliances isn't really valid due to the amount of feedback they get is because there threads arn't conducted in a "proper" manner. There is the Alliance HC 101 thread (which I found quite helpful when writing a recruitment thread) which gives new HC's a simple guide to how to write a recruitment thread.

Since its inception, I've found that the rep system is used for the philosophy of "e-penis". If it were able to be kept to Suggestions, Stratergy board and/or Ally Discussions then that would be helpful. Yes, I am going to alienate some people, but there is little use for it on some parts of it, ie General Discussion.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote