Thread: Avatar
View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 06:34   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
how does the avatar come into effect after 50 posts and 1 year?
I'm not quite sure whether you mean how does it work, or how do you put up an avatar, so i'll answer both .

When you register your account, it takes note of the date etc, and it permits you to add an avatar after a year. Whilst i cant say that i know exactly how it is done, it wouldnt take all that much imagination to think of an if then statement like "if account is longer than 1 year, then allow avatar, else not".

As for how (which i think is what you meant ), all you need to do is click on the Control Panel (Here), and under the Settings and Options list on the left, you will see the Edit Avatar (Here) link. Select "Use Custom Avatar" and upload it from your HDD or from a website, and you are all sorted! If you cant see that section, then you arent able to upload an avatar yet.

Keep in mind that avatars must be a certain size (100 by 100 pixels or 200kb - whichever is smaller), and it must be in good taste.

Enjoy .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote